Home

NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-28-2014, 09:29 PM   #137
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuSHeD OuT860
thats why the game has sliders...never said that you cant cheese in 2k..but atleast every player feels like themselves when you play...nba live is like an arcade game selling at full price...this gameplay is so horrible i honestly dont understand why some of you people are vouching for this game...i guess this is a game for casual fans

Man if people are enjoying the game, that's just what it is. Theres nothing to really understand...everyone has their own preference. Hopefully after this initial week the majority of posts won't read like a "what I don't like about 2k" monologue and we can start to really dig into LIVE and get some feedback though, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Probably the name on the front of the box.

Normally starts there.

This is irony at its finest though
Old 10-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 4

I love how the CPU will set screens for you without even having to call them on your own. I'm trying out CP3, and the first possession Jordan came and set a screen for me. Next time down, Griffin did. Just awesome.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:38 PM   #139
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Until I can pull various post moves, have full control of my dribble moves , choose which hand I want to attempt a layup with , choose which side of the rim I want to finish my eurostep, etc etc I know which plays more realistically. Live will catch up once they start giving more offensive controls and less simplistic double button tap moves
I know where you're coming from, Live definitely lacks the animations and player uniqueness that 2k has. But, for me and maybe others that doesn't exactly make a game more realistic. Was 2k not realistic prior to them implementing signature styles and a load of animations? 2k was a very authentic product well before those things were implemented, so there's a lot more to it than just that. Unfortunately though I think 2k has favored arcade over sim lately, but that's just my opinion.

While 2k nails the things you mentioned, they fall short in other areas that hurts the authenticity of the game. For instance, 3 point shots are far too easy, contested shots (if you do something fancy on the stick) also fall too often, and the mid-range spot-up game in 2k isn't anywhere near as realistic as it is in Live. Oh and 2k doesn't work, so there's that as well.

Personally I'll take substance over the flash that 2k offers. It looks more realistic, but it's not a better representation of the core game.

Last edited by Lakers 24 7; 10-28-2014 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #140
MVP

OVR: 0

Also when reading some of these negative reviews from new members, just keep in mind that disinformation campaigns are practiced outside of politics. I know for a fact it happens in gaming.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #141
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
You can select who you want to be drafted by.
I did. I accepted the trade for Patrick Patterson. Was hoping to get drafted by the ucks or wolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #142
Rookie

I'm really impressed at how well Automotion works this year, not only for the CPU, but for the user controlled teams as well.

I'm getting hooked.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:10 PM   #143
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Seeing all 3's & PIP from the CPU on AS...this is the Rockets here in a half....and all of those 3's are form James Harden right in my grill..

Old 10-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #144
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Seeing all 3's & PIP from the CPU on AS...this is the Rockets here in a half....and all of those 3's are form James Harden right in my grill..

Step your defense up playa.

Im just kidding, Nets just tore me up in practice. Luckily couldnt keep track of the score.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »