Home

The NBA 2K15 Online Experience Has Been An Avoidable Mess

This is a discussion on The NBA 2K15 Online Experience Has Been An Avoidable Mess within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmeaks
The game is fine. Either you need to spend more time learning it, or you're really just a terrible casual player. By the looks of your crying, it's probably the latter. Step your game up and stop being a little baby.
Hey, they guy is just voicing his frustration. The personal attack isn't necessary. The game isn't terrible, but the gameplay does leave a LOT to be desired (in my opinion). I think it's far from deserving the praise it has received. I actually agree with most of his listed issues.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #34
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: The NBA 2K15 Online Experience Has Been An Avoidable Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksandrew
So here is my list of game play issues i have come across:

- CPU always steals passes that are going to an open user teammame, even when that teammate is wide open.

- Jumping to block a shot for users is a slow response and at times lags or doesnt jump at all.

- During a fast break with a user defender back on defense, when CPU is driving to the basket,
user controlled players will always move out of the way instead of contesting the lay up/shot, giving
CPU a clear lane to basket.

- Almost impossible for a user to steal a pass. You can be be playing tight defense and go for a steal
and just swing and miss even with ball directly next to you.

- When user jumps for a rebound at the first attempt and the ball is still up for grabs,
user can never re-jump again straight away. controlled player will always just stand in the paint and
do nothing.

- 99% of user lay ups are missed. Even after grabbing the rebound from a missed first attempt, the lay up,
regardless of contested or uncontested, will miss again.

- During a fast break, CPU will block 99% of the dunks, Will always have 2 on 1 and is always faster then
user.

- Too many illegal screens called from both CPU and user plays. Players get knocked to the ground and
no calls but non contact fouls are called.

- When user is bumped while dribbling, the ball handler will always pick up the ball and stop dribbling,
most real NBA players will actually keep the dribble alive.

- 2 time outs in a row called without fail in every game even if its a 20 point blow out.

- When ball is inbounded after CPU score, User point guard will sprint up the court (even if sprint button not touched), unlike NBA2K14 where it
was more controlled.

- When CPU is inbounding the ball just over half court, user is at times unable to move closer to player
inbounding as if he was being blocked by an invisable wall.

- Crowd cheers loud but remain seated and unresponsive.

- Too many player celebrations after every shot is made, even when the first basket is made. This should
happen only during closer games, showing the player getting hyped to hit the lead or continue momentum run.

- Players getting knocked over, never seen a charge called.

- Commentators make stupid calls and wrong calls. Player takes a wide open shot, commentator says that "a rugged screen was set" .... ummm no.
On a fast break (mostly for the CPU) the player hits a shot and the commentator says "how in the world did
they leave him that wide open" ..... ummm it was a fast break, thats why.

And steve Kerr, coaching and commentating??? fail.

While the game is an improvement in parts from NBA2K14, the game play makes it frustrating to play. This is just a short list that i have come across, i am sure there is A LOT more others have found wrong.
Hyperbole makes real issues not seem that important because of how greatly exaggerated it is. No or minimal contact layup misses are a real issue especially from good post players. you do not miss 99% of them. Other things in your post happen too frequently as well, but no where near the frequency you claim. when you use these hyperboles to describe your problem, your problem doesn't get taken seriously.

The Kerr thing doesn't even matter because him and Kenny Smith have been playing and commentating for years with the classic teams.

Illegal screens get called from leaving too soon with the pg. Although the defense can kind of cheese it and draw calls by running into the screener before he sets. But it doesnt seem like an can be consistently abused.

This game has it's share of issues but a lot of this stuff is just ludicrous.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:11 PM   #35
Rookie

I rented this and it was completely unplayable. I couldn't edit rosters without getting sent to the main menu where they show that stupid movie over and over again. This game is a piece of crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #36
Rookie

Video of me trying to edit char/roster http://youtu.be/7i-FB6Wi9hA
Old 10-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Hyperbole makes real issues not seem that important because of how greatly exaggerated it is. No or minimal contact layup misses are a real issue especially from good post players. you do not miss 99% of them. Other things in your post happen too frequently as well, but no where near the frequency you claim. when you use these hyperboles to describe your problem, your problem doesn't get taken seriously.

The Kerr thing doesn't even matter because him and Kenny Smith have been playing and commentating for years with the classic teams.

Illegal screens get called from leaving too soon with the pg. Although the defense can kind of cheese it and draw calls by running into the screener before he sets. But it doesnt seem like an can be consistently abused.

This game has it's share of issues but a lot of this stuff is just ludicrous.
Which of these is ludicrous? I've personally run into most of these issues. Some of these (claims of 99% occurrence or something always happening) might be exaggerated, but they are all valid. If you haven't seen it, you likely haven't played the game long enough.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:44 PM   #38
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
I'm not understanding the point on his thread, Online doesn't work, 2K submitted a patch, patch is being approved, and an article was written saying online doesn't work? Am I missing something? Would it work without the patch?
Not trying to start an argument, but 2K also said they have their "top engineers" working on this issue the entire dev cycle (which is easily 6+ months) and the situation is no different.

I think that's the cause of a lot of the fervor and venom. The promise that they put skilled experts on the case months ago...and it's pretty much the same.

Now, if you want to ask ppl like myself "why the hell did you take their word for it when you know that their servers have been subpar since 2001?!?!"....then you got me.

That freelance offense vid got me.

I had originally planned to not buy the game after I got a refund from Sony last year for my files being deleted, VC lost, and connectivity issues offering me a portion of the entire package, thru no fault of my own, for weeks at a time.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #39
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Not trying to start an argument, but 2K also said they have their "top engineers" working on this issue the entire dev cycle (which is easily 6+ months) and the situation is no different.

I think that's the cause of a lot of the fervor and venom. The promise that they put skilled experts on the case months ago...and it's pretty much the same.

Now, if you want to ask ppl like myself "why the hell did you take their word for it when you know that their servers have been subpar since 2001?!?!"....then you got me.

That freelance offense vid got me.

I had originally planned to not buy the game after I got a refund from Sony last year for my files being deleted, VC lost, and connectivity issues offering me a portion of the entire package, thru no fault of my own, for weeks at a time.
Nuckles:

There's already a thread addressing lack of connectivity issues. Chronologically speaking, there hasn't been a patch addressing the issues (yet) so I would think this thread would come post patch saying something like, "we've had a patch and it's still not working!"

The lack of connectivity is a bummer. I think Spank or Boiler pointed out sports games need Betas to address these online issues before the game is released.

Nuckles, you're not starting an argument, we're just conversing
Old 10-20-2014, 05:06 PM   #40
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
Nuckles:

There's already a thread addressing lack of connectivity issues. Chronologically speaking, there hasn't been a patch addressing the issues (yet) so I would think this thread would come post patch saying something like, "we've had a patch and it's still not working!"

The lack of connectivity is a bummer. I think Spank or Boiler pointed out sports games need Betas to address these online issues before the game is released.

Nuckles, you're not starting an argument, we're just conversing
Nah no argument, just pointing out that these aren't exactly new issues, so maybe that's why cooler heads aren't waiting until after a patch to say "hey a patch didn't fix it, what gives?"

We're kind of mired in a situation where people are wondering why we even need a patch for a legacy issue after 2K said this: Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructure

Then we get this 10 days ago: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-working.html

...and now we're waiting on a patch.

Chronologically speaking, this miracle patch was needed years ago. Lol.

Just offering a different viewpoint on why things might be heading down the path they are. No muss no fuss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »