Home

The NBA 2K15 Online Experience Has Been An Avoidable Mess

This is a discussion on The NBA 2K15 Online Experience Has Been An Avoidable Mess within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #9
Rookie

DEEBOFIOUS's Arena

OVR: 0
As an offline fan exclusively, I feel too much attention has been given to myplayer modes. NBA2K has gotten away from the NBA game & its' players. In their attempt to continuously rape the pockets of consumers with VC currency, 2K has minimalized the role of the NBA superstar gameplay and have replaced it with the quick-to-spend pockets of myplayer mode lovers. 2K would not be in this mess if its' focus were mainly on versus play on & offline but greed ruins everything it touches as it should. 4 to $500.00 consoles plus $70 games is more than enough from your fans. Pay raises to Mr. Rob Jones and the like each year on the backs of the consumer is big business in the gaming world. I am a fan of the NBA, graphics, & gameplay as it should be. Making the game more about fans buying their way to 99 overall ratings is laughable and 2k is laughing all the way to the bank with all of you cheesers' money.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:49 PM   #10
Banned

Re: The NBA 2K15 Online Experience Has Been An Avoidable Mess

Never had an issue to connecting to MyCareer, now ThePark is a different story.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #11
Banned

Re: The NBA 2K15 Online Experience Has Been An Avoidable Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEBOFIOUS
As an offline fan exclusively, I feel too much attention has been given to myplayer modes. NBA2K has gotten away from the NBA game & its' players. In their attempt to continuously rape the pockets of consumers with VC currency, 2K has minimalized the role of the NBA superstar gameplay and have replaced it with the quick-to-spend pockets of myplayer mode lovers. 2K would not be in this mess if its' focus were mainly on versus play on & offline but greed ruins everything it touches as it should. 4 to $500.00 consoles plus $70 games is more than enough from your fans. Pay raises to Mr. Rob Jones and the like each year on the backs of the consumer is big business in the gaming world. I am a fan of the NBA, graphics, & gameplay as it should be. Making the game more about fans buying their way to 99 overall ratings is laughable and 2k is laughing all the way to the bank with all of you cheesers' money.
Every video game is going this direction not just 2K. I like the ability to pay for upgrades. i don't have time anymore to play games for hours every day to advance in games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 05:45 PM   #12
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
I just can't get over the lag with The Park. I mean CoD has A TON more people playing online on its servers and it's never been that slow, for me, anyways. There's no excuse that it should be that slow and connect that poorly.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:46 PM   #13
Rookie

I just Think its a shame that 2k hypes up everything about their games except what powers them. These servers have been a problem since nba2k10. When you had lobbies, there wasn't a problem. They give us new crap but won't address the server issue. One year they lied & said they had new dynamic servers only for a couple of years later to say they have been having the same servers since the dreamcast. Somebody needs to swallow their pride & go to Ea or Activision & See how its being done & follow suit. Next year I'm waiting til Black friday so i can get this crap for 25.00 off. And they need to be reported to the better business bureau
Old 10-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 19
I think its time that 2k look into a 2nd/3rd party to develop and manage their server/networking infrastructure
Old 10-19-2014, 07:31 PM   #15
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12
Hey how about making the fantasy crap a whole different SKU! Sad I can't play my friend in Texas cause the servers have Thousands of My Players on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #16
Rookie

Got both 2k14 and 2k15 at launch. Not getting 2k16 at launch, if at all. Haven't spent any money on VC, really glad I haven't. Hype and promises leading up to release, then we get a game that's just a frustrating, embarrassing mess. Also, no word on any kind of "we're sorry about this" VC compensation for all of us that bought this game on release. Before NBA 2k14, I played 2k11 for years, so skipping the next iteration won't be hard for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »