Home

NBA 2K15 Fact or Fiction: Is NBA 2K15's Gameplay the Best in Sports Gaming?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Fact or Fiction: Is NBA 2K15's Gameplay the Best in Sports Gaming? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #49
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K15 Fact or Fiction: Is NBA 2K15's Gameplay the Best in Sports Gaming?

Your issues with game play are noted, but functionality of mode's have nothing to do with game play
Old 10-17-2014, 11:42 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 6

There is no question NBA2k15 has the best gameplay in any sports game. The AIs rotation and awareness are impressive...very much true to real life NBA. But i can't say the same thing for online gaming. This is something 2K should be focusing on next year. It should be their TOP PRIORITY and try to give back to the online community who deserve more than this. 2 dedicate engineers are not good enough...they need the entire team to focus solely on online on 2k16. Bring back lobby, bring back full feature of Online League. Do whatever it take to make it the best online experience possible just as you have done for the offline people. Online people have SUFFERED ENOUGH!!
Old 10-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #51
Just started!

OVR: 0

I say the best because finally a sports game gets what is important, fifa, I am looking right at you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 12:04 PM   #52
Rookie

jr2424's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
There is no question NBA2k15 has the best gameplay in any sports game. The AIs rotation and awareness are impressive...very much true to real life NBA. But i can't say the same thing for online gaming. This is something 2K should be focusing on next year. It should be their TOP PRIORITY and try to give back to the online community who deserve more than this. 2 dedicate engineers are not good enough...they need the entire team to focus solely on online on 2k16. Bring back lobby, bring back full feature of Online League. Do whatever it take to make it the best online experience possible just as you have done for the offline people. Online people have SUFFERED ENOUGH!!
If 2K16 was the EXACT same game as 2K15 but had rock solid servers and ZERO lag, I would gladly buy it. It's the series' Achilles heel that really holds it back from being the best sports game PERIOD.

Ken Griffey Jr.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #53
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Rigjt now I would believe so
Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

Last edited by swac07; 10-17-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #54
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Fiction, MLB the show exists.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:30 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Your issues with game play are noted, but functionality of mode's have nothing to do with game play
My gameplay issues so far (aside from broken features):

Sluggish movement and responsiveness - This is most harsh on defense. Auto contest is in the game... seemingly only when I don't want it to. The game also won't let me contest certain shots... It's like I'm glued to the ground.

Weird animation selection (tapping the x button occasionally makes your player go into a lunging steal animation with an absurd recover time). Jumping animations happen a lot too.

Poor balancing - The sliders, as shipped, are not good. Yes, I'm talking about superstar sim. Way too many CPU contested shots are going in. Not enough fouls. Game is too slow.

The post game is still not fun. I miss a LOT of uncontested 2' post hooks (with a good post player). Post player skill never feels as powerful as it should even with high ratings and gold badges.

The picks and resulting pick and roll game are neither fun nor effective. This (coupled with the poor passing) has resulted in one of the worst pick and roll mini games I've played in a basketball game. Offensive fouls happen far too frequently.

Passing is sub par. A lot of passes are too floaty. Bounce passes are mostly ineffective (in a situation where you would throw a bounce pass instead of a chest pass or a lob).

Opponent AI is poor. They tend to wait around until the final second on the shot clock then throw up a contested shot which goes in too frequently.

Shooting mechanic isn't fun. The shot meter is distracting and frustrating. Still feels like a dice roll with an overlay. The punishment/reward balance for timing a shot is not tuned properly (or at least to my preference).

Rebounding is WAY out of balance. In my first year as a rookie in MyPlayer I have had four 30pt/30reb games with a level 2/3 rebounding skill. I'm also averaging around 8 offensive rebounds per game. This is while playing approximately 30 min per game.

Overall, when I'm playing 2k I always feel like I have very little control over what's happening. I push a button and hope I get the right animation. When I do something good it never feels like it's because I made the right decision or a smart play. It tends to feel like I lucked out on a dice roll. The highs aren't nearly high enough. The lows are incredibly, frustratingly low and frequent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 12:37 PM   #56
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
My gameplay issues so far (aside from broken features):

Sluggish movement and responsiveness - This is most harsh on defense. Auto contest is in the game... seemingly only when I don't want it to. The game also won't let me contest certain shots... It's like I'm glued to the ground.

Weird animation selection (tapping the x button occasionally makes your player go into a lunging steal animation with an absurd recover time). Jumping animations happen a lot too.

Poor balancing - The sliders, as shipped, are not good. Yes, I'm talking about superstar sim. Way too many CPU contested shots are going in. Not enough fouls. Game is too slow.

The post game is still not fun. I miss a LOT of uncontested 2' post hooks (with a good post player). Post player skill never feels as powerful as it should even with high ratings and gold badges.

The picks and resulting pick and roll game are neither fun nor effective. This (coupled with the poor passing) has resulted in one of the worst pick and roll mini games I've played in a basketball game. Offensive fouls happen far too frequently.

Passing is sub par. A lot of passes are too floaty. Bounce passes are mostly ineffective (in a situation where you would throw a bounce pass instead of a chest pass or a lob).

Opponent AI is poor. They tend to wait around until the final second on the shot clock then throw up a contested shot which goes in too frequently.

Shooting mechanic isn't fun. The shot meter is distracting and frustrating. Still feels like a dice roll with an overlay. The punishment/reward balance for timing a shot is not tuned properly (or at least to my preference).

Rebounding is WAY out of balance. In my first year as a rookie in MyPlayer I have had four 30pt/30reb games with a level 2/3 rebounding skill. I'm also averaging around 8 offensive rebounds per game. This is while playing approximately 30 min per game.

Overall, when I'm playing 2k I always feel like I have very little control over what's happening. I push a button and hope I get the right animation. When I do something good it never feels like it's because I made the right decision or a smart play. It tends to feel like I lucked out on a dice roll. The highs aren't nearly high enough. The lows are incredibly, frustratingly low and frequent.

Sorry to hear that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »