Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-14-2014, 12:41 AM   #577
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

Dont know if anyone notice but now when you create players they look like linebackers. Before when you create like a qb that weigh 220 or whatever the default weight was he used to look regular. Now they equipment look bulky and stuff lol. I drop my player weight to 195 and he still look too big. Idk if this is do to the new update

Last edited by View7iful Kai; 10-14-2014 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #578
Rookie

OVR: 5

Can confirm that the No Huddle Audible Formation bug is still in the game. any word on when that will be fixed?
Old 10-15-2014, 12:10 AM   #579
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
If this was a sim stat issue you wouldn't hear a word from me.

But it's affecting the play in game drastically. It's killing CPU drives.

You can say all day to us to be happy about it but it's not that simple. I want to enjoy playing defense and I'm not.
Yeah, it's making it hard to enjoy defense. Which is a shame, because I've actually had a lot of fun on defense in between the silly sacks.

I think I was a few games into my franchise when I realized how bad the problem was. So, to try to dull the edges of the problem, I started benching my d-linemen. I figured worse players would dial it down a notch. You know how this went, I'm sure -- now, my backup linemen and my starters have all accumulated too many sacks, making it absurd to the point of being comical.

Lately, I've taken it to a new extreme to try to give the CPU QBs a shot. I've started using the 3-4 defense and not blitzing a 4th rusher. It helps some, but not a ton. On 3rd & longs, I choose a pass coverage formation with only 3 linemen and I manually audible two of the linemen into pass coverage. That helps a bit, but of course, having 10 defenders in coverage sometimes stifles the receivers' routes so badly that the QB just holds onto the ball long enough for my 1-man pass rush to reach him. He also sometimes takes off running (and has, let's say, a 50/50 shot of a defender reading the play and running up to meet him before he even crosses the line of scrimmage, so he gets a sack there too).

In a way, if the gameplay is going to be so broken, I kind of wish the problem existed with the Sim stats, too. Just because it would make my numbers stand out less. If defenses all over the league were piling up stats to match my sack numbers, I could concoct some kind of storyline where there's this huge new trend in football. Perhaps explained by the refs finally noticing the whole "you can call holding on any play in football if you really wanted to" thing and have cracked down on holding for real, causing linemen to blow more blocks because they can't resort to holds anymore. Or something. I dunno. This problem exhausts me and I can't believe they haven't fixed it yet.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:34 AM   #580
Banned

RoDogz85's Arena

OVR: 1

I was browsing over the patch details and thought to myself how the hell can a game get released with so many mistake and errors !! EA have made so many NFL games and yet I am still waiting to get my hands on a decent NFL game to start a connected franchise. The last time I played more than 5 games in a franchise mode was when I had Madden NFL 08. They are professionals (I think) and I hope the NFL allows 2K to compete with them soon. Imagine if EA bought the rights from the NBA to be the only developer of NBA games.. Imagine the fan reaction !!
Old 10-15-2014, 08:45 AM   #581
MVP

OVR: 3

So wait if a player gets hurt on your team or a cpu controlled team he dissappears from the depth chart? but then after his injury time is up does he come back to the depth chart so you can put him back in
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #582
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Yeah, it's making it hard to enjoy defense. Which is a shame, because I've actually had a lot of fun on defense in between the silly sacks.

I think I was a few games into my franchise when I realized how bad the problem was. So, to try to dull the edges of the problem, I started benching my d-linemen. I figured worse players would dial it down a notch. You know how this went, I'm sure -- now, my backup linemen and my starters have all accumulated too many sacks, making it absurd to the point of being comical.

Lately, I've taken it to a new extreme to try to give the CPU QBs a shot. I've started using the 3-4 defense and not blitzing a 4th rusher. It helps some, but not a ton. On 3rd & longs, I choose a pass coverage formation with only 3 linemen and I manually audible two of the linemen into pass coverage. That helps a bit, but of course, having 10 defenders in coverage sometimes stifles the receivers' routes so badly that the QB just holds onto the ball long enough for my 1-man pass rush to reach him. He also sometimes takes off running (and has, let's say, a 50/50 shot of a defender reading the play and running up to meet him before he even crosses the line of scrimmage, so he gets a sack there too).

In a way, if the gameplay is going to be so broken, I kind of wish the problem existed with the Sim stats, too. Just because it would make my numbers stand out less. If defenses all over the league were piling up stats to match my sack numbers, I could concoct some kind of storyline where there's this huge new trend in football. Perhaps explained by the refs finally noticing the whole "you can call holding on any play in football if you really wanted to" thing and have cracked down on holding for real, causing linemen to blow more blocks because they can't resort to holds anymore. Or something. I dunno. This problem exhausts me and I can't believe they haven't fixed it yet.
Put your Punter, Kicker, and Backup QB as D-linemen in the 3-4 and see what happens.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #583
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Ive been playing all madden regular sliders and have not had the sack issue. I have 20 sacks after 6 games with the jags and im not even first in the league in sacks. I dunno, but apart from philip rivers all the qbs iI've played made good decisions with the ball. I had 8 sacks vs thr chargers but the rest of the games have been 1-4 sacks with thr qbs throwing the ball away.

I did have the sack issue when i was playing on all pro.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:00 PM   #584
Rookie

downundermike's Arena

OVR: 0

I do not see it in the original post, and no discussion, did they add custom packages with this update, or being able to substitute outside of game play ???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »