Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #1161
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Not sure if it's bad luck, but two of my better players are out with broken collarbones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #1162
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

I'm 5-5 online (head to head ranked). I've only ran into one guy who onside kicked all game. I haven't ran into anybody using the Shesquawks or Broncos (knock on wood) yet.

They've made the online a lot harder this year, or gameplay in general (just got the game on Monday, to restate). On past Maddens, I usually walked right out of the gate at 4-1 or so, but I'm struggling on this one.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #1163
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0

While I was blown away with Madden this year, I had to sell it because it just got stale feeling relatively quickly. I'm not sure if it's some of the legacy issues that still kill the experience, or the fact that playing any team feels the same as the rest.

Take NHL for example, while the modes are missing, the variety and organic nature of each game is there (if they'd only spend a cycle on goalies now...). I don't feel that in Madden and I'm not sure how they can fix it. It may just be that QBs and DB/WR interaction need a vast overhaul. It is what the NFL is about now but yet is by far Madden's biggest weakness.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:32 PM   #1164
Pro

According to pastapadre, wr/db interactions along with penalties are going to be addressed in Madden 16. That sucks for those of us that spent our money on this game, while hoping for a patch that would address these crippling issues, along with others.

Meanwhile they 'fixed' the xp cost of developing players in cfm, which was either a small problem or at the absolute bottom of things actually wrong with the game. I can't help but feel shafted that they changed this for the sake of changing something, while not fixing the obvious problems that not even sliders are able to fix.

Year 2 on next gen yet we're still seeing shifting(especially due to the tackle cone and in the running game where defenders magically shift past blockers to tackle the rb), restrictions to 'limit cheese' but hurt us offline players, broken challenge system, lack of penalties, bad ai, bad commentary and presentation. I could ignore it if it didn't happen so often. And how much longer are we going to put up with penalty sliders that don't effect penalties?
Old 10-13-2014, 10:23 PM   #1165
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm finally just tired, fed up, and worn out. This game is just an embarrassment in 2014. I've gotten this game as a gift for the past few years, I can't even do that next year. I just don't think I'll ever get the type of NFL game I want out of Tiburon.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 01:55 AM   #1166
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davon_A_Brown
That's where I see most of my injuries.

Th3 Chos3n On3
The best option in my experience is to mash X to hit the QB. The strip feature in this game usually just results in a missed sack by my d-lineman as he's shurgged off by robo-QB. But when I press X, they deliver a hard hit that has forced fumbles. The key is to remember to press X instead of A whenever your guy gets in close...thing is, I'm not sure if the hits you deliver with X to QBs are even legal in the NFL.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:56 PM   #1167
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

Guys, I'm curious about custom soundtracks. By now, several publications have posted articles confirming that the PS4 is coming out with a major software update before Christmas which is going to include a USB Music Player. However it has also been confirmed that the audio files cannot be copied to the PS4; they must be played directly from a USB device. This will allow us to play songs in the background during gameplay, BUT will it enable true custom soundtracks in the sense that we were once used to? ie: the ability to change your home field victory song or your batters walk-up music in MLB. Im thinking these things will not be possible due to the inability to copy audio files to the PS4.
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 10-20-2014, 03:25 PM   #1168
Banned

Gotta say, I haven't played Madden in a while. With the MLB postseason in full swing, (and since I like MLB over NFL anyways), I've been playing more of the show lately... but with the new patch, I figure I'd check things out again. I even set it up with teams to make it challenging and fun and such.. I get not even a full quarter into it, and decide to shut it off... THE PLAYABILITY FACTOR, NOT JUST REPLAY-ABILITY, BUT PLAYABILITY ISN' T THERE ANYMORE. I literally just felt like, "you know, this game just isn't fun. There's no spark at all here." really sad. The real NFL is a hell of a lot more interesting and fun than Madden anymore, (and with my views on Goodell, and how I feel he's ruining the league) that's a tough thing to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »