Home

NBA 2K15's Presentation Is Still The Best

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's Presentation Is Still The Best within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K15's Presentation Is Still The Best

NBA 2K15
's presentation package remains the best to be found in sports gaming, and it's not even close.

Let's start with pre-game and work our way forward. After all, if there is a game that accurately captures the ability to not only immerse viewers in its presentation, but to create a structured narrative from the start of a telecast to the end of one, its the NBA 2K series. At it's very best, the game is a work of art. At its worst, it still makes a really impressive effort.

Read More - NBA 2K15's Presentation Is Still The Best
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
I still get the feeling items such as last seasons stats and graphs etc aren't working. They reference things from last season during breaks in play, yet we see nothing on screen. It also takes ages to inbound the ball, making me believe a image was supposed to be on screen.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 11
Every game feels like a new game.... Sure they repeat lines but not as often as last year where it wasn't too much either. The game has its flaws like the bad servers, which seema to be fixed now. But the presentation is top notch. Shaq and Ernie are excellent and should be there for half-time and post game next year.... With friends to push the presentation to another stratosphere. Playing and wat hing the game make me think why hasn't other sports videogames come close to the presentation of this beautifully presentented game(look at you EA/Madden). The presentation keeps me playing this game.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsmashed
I still get the feeling items such as last seasons stats and graphs etc aren't working. They reference things from last season during breaks in play, yet we see nothing on screen. It also takes ages to inbound the ball, making me believe a image was supposed to be on screen.
Lol... I saw my postioning in the eastern conference today, for the first time (myplayer mode).
Old 10-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #5
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
My only complaint about the commentary is why is Steve Kerr still a part of the team? I didn't know you could coach and commentate at the same time. Maybe it was too late to hire a replacement or they just didn't want to start over once Kerr got hired as a coach. Just a small complaint though. They still do a pretty good job, even though I still wish they would add Harlan's catchphrases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 33
I just picked up the game & went straight into the excellent My League mode. Played Spurs v Mavericks on the opening day. Stunned that the Championship presentation was carried out Pregame...Attention to detail!!!

From a simulation perspective MLB the Show does a great job & FIFA is getting there but as stated no game comes close to NBA 2K15 in immersing the gamer.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #7
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K15's Presentation Is Still The Best

I would agree with this and will onnce the stat overlays are not glitched...It really breaks the immersion for me. having the ref hold the ball for 15 seconds while kellog speaks of a stat that is obviously supposed to be showing up really sucks. but that will be fixed. and THen I will agree. the player introductions, pregame, and national anthem scenes are really cool.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
Obviously the author has never played NHL 15 on Next Gen

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »