Home

NBA 2K15's MyCAREER Has a Rough Start, Shows Promise

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's MyCAREER Has a Rough Start, Shows Promise within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #25
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K15's MyCAREER Has a Rough Start, Shows Promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by juslovemusic
Btw, to create an offline save, just disconnect from the internet before you start the game and press "Y" (or whatever the equivalent is on your controller) to access the various MC saves and start a new one. It will say "no vc (the symbol for it anyway)" and tell you when you confirm that you will have skill points instead, can't get in the MP store (which I could never get to open anyway) and that you wont be able to take that player online.
I did all this last year, but it takes away from the game because you have no access to the MP store. So when your player unlocks a shoe contract it's meaningless. Small things, but it takes away from the game. I just wish they made an offline version that gave you everything it's online brother has. I don't understand why they can not (or more likely, refuse) to make that happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I did all this last year, but it takes away from the game because you have no access to the MP store. So when your player unlocks a shoe contract it's meaningless. Small things, but it takes away from the game. I just wish they made an offline version that gave you everything it's online brother has. I don't understand why they can not (or more likely, refuse) to make that happen.
Agreed. It's sad that we have to circumvent the game the way they intended in order to really enjoy it. I wonder if there is still the "on court coach" badge. It would let you call plays which if you aren't a PG means you can force your team into the new freelance offenses which would hopefully improve gameplay a ton when combined w/ sliders.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:34 AM   #27
Banned

Earning no VC on 360 and constantly getting the "downloading your files from 2k servers" message. 2k DERPS again. They need to be sued.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #28
Just started!

EbonyOverlord's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
You SHOULD NOT have to connect to the internet to play this mode anyway. It's ridiculous.
Agreed, Im like fool, you going to help pay my internet bill? I can understand my park, multiplayer online, but my career online is stupid that mode is for "me" when I DONT want to be online competitive. They call themselves fighting "Pirates" by linking the store to be online so you cant access gear, out of all things they worried about if Pirates can look good balling? And chances are they [pirates] going to find a crack around it anyway.

Its the stupid DRM, and will suffer with complaints, the same way other late DRMs did, Diablo 3, SimCity just to name a few. When they aint never going to stop it. I call it "Greed" when you make 1+mil [legit buyers] our gamplay experience bad trying to prevent 1-2 thousand pirates?
Old 10-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #29
Just started!

For me, MyCarreer is working perfectly in the morning, but it kicks me out of online in the afternoon.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #30
Rookie

Another negative. Some of the animated cut scenes with other NBA players are flat-out terrible. A fiend of mine walked in while I was talking to Kendall Marshall and he told me "it looks so bad... it's like something from an old N64 cut scene." I couldn't argue... they are bad. The facial animations are horrible. The voice acting is atrocious. I'm used to getting the "is that a real game?" reaction while playing 2k. This was the first time I got a legitimate poor response from a passer by. It's just bad.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4
are you guys kidding? the main reason why they made it online was to get rid of the cheaters who ended up with 1,000,000 vc in the past. The same cheaters that people were bitching to 2k about getting rid of because they maxed out all of their stats for free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 04:05 PM   #32
Just started!

EbonyOverlord's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillatin
are you guys kidding? the main reason why they made it online was to get rid of the cheaters who ended up with 1,000,000 vc in the past. The same cheaters that people were bitching to 2k about getting rid of because they maxed out all of their stats for free.
are you kidding me? What does linking my player/career, whatever, to being online having to do with VC, as a matter of fact if it wasnt linked to online, cheating wouldnt matter anyway(same as last year). My park, My Team, all that I understand, but MyCareer is a story mode (solo/singleplayer) therefore what does me having to be online matter anyway, and furthermore to access simple (MINIMUM gear might I add) to my player. Same shoes as last year(2K14).

People complaining about server problem hell no wonder, to many game modes require you to be online. In the end its nothing but a "money grab"/GREED like I said, in order to dress your player in MyCareer to use VC

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »