Home

Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

This is a discussion on Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-10-2014, 07:03 AM   #121
Rookie

aandrew610's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

I'm pretty irritated with the performance of the servers on 2k15. You would think 2k would have learned from previous years mistakes and at least rent some extra servers for the initial launch of players trying to get online. 2k15 is now out internationally the servers are only going to get worse. They need to drop the whole vc micro transactions and make it where game modes don't need to run through there servers

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 08:41 AM   #122
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

Good news on the servers. For ranked matches anyways. They were working last night. My VIP/record was viewable. Also the other night when my VIP stats page was just blank, all my wins/losses fro that were recorded and showed up yesterday.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:49 AM   #123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Good news on the servers. For ranked matches anyways. They were working last night. My VIP/record was viewable. Also the other night when my VIP stats page was just blank, all my wins/losses fro that were recorded and showed up yesterday.

Yea and I'm actually able to play in the park now with other people. There's quite a few people here actually enough to fill three courts.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:27 AM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
Nah. Thats not a cost issue. Take two had a net income of almost one billion $ in just the third quarter 2014 with 40% increasing digital sales year by year. 2k along with GTA is their best selling product. they have tons of free cash as well. They could build wathever server structure they want. If any, its a logistical problem.
You know what a budget is right? He never said anything about them not having money to do it, he said the BUDGET isn't in it for them to revamp the servers. Basically meaning that putting more money into making online stability is not their concern because they move units year after year anyway. And any business will tell you that the goal is to grow each year, so if sales of 2K plateau, expecting them to start cutting costs left and right, whether if it's in the marketing department, development, or sadly, servers. They need new people in charge.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #125
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandrew610
I'm pretty irritated with the performance of the servers on 2k15. You would think 2k would have learned from previous years mistakes and at least rent some extra servers for the initial launch of players trying to get online. 2k15 is now out internationally the servers are only going to get worse. They need to drop the whole vc micro transactions and make it where game modes don't need to run through there servers

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
EXACTLY!!!! They have wayyy too much stuff going on for servers! Stupid accessories, clothes, jewelry, hats, shoes and all those things have dumb VC prices that cost more than your salary as a NBA player! lmaoo smdh ...please get rid of VC .... This is the only sports game where its a price to dress on the sports field in the gear you want smdh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #126
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
What's there to discuss? You're coping and pasting the same 3 messages over and over in different threads. You are taking this game way too seriously. It honestly is not healthy.
Excuse me for being pissed off about paying $80 for a product
that has a vital service that I want that barely works. Especially
as I've been patient for the last few years hoping that it gets
corrected.

Does this company acknowledge or apologize for this?

Am I supposed to apologize for being concerned and pissed off
how my favorite and only game I play is going in a downward spiral
when their other games have become extinct.

It's like people that buy a smartphone and texting or the internet
doesn't work and people that don't care about or use those features
whining and complaining about people that do and are upset about it.

There are game modes and features in this game I don't care about or
play if they were broken or not working properly I wouldn't be whining
and complaining about the people that like and use those modes that
are upset about them.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #127
Rookie

tuck243's Arena

OVR: 1
The rule of thumb for any software or firmware is 40% success rate... Regardless of what happens if 40% of the time it works then they roll it out... It's the sad truth and we will always see that... From Video games to iPhones... They look at it as "I can always send a patch"...
Old 10-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #128
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Isn't this a problem with the VC currency. Isn't that the reason why all these modes of the game are connected to the servers?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »