Home

NBA 2K15's MyCAREER Has a Rough Start, Shows Promise

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's MyCAREER Has a Rough Start, Shows Promise within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #17
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
You SHOULD NOT have to connect to the internet to play this mode anyway. It's ridiculous.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 10
Superpowered opponents

Even on "Pro" difficulty and "Default" sliders, the CPU performs like a team of NBA All-Stars in My Career mode. CPU opponents seem to scoop up every loose ball the instant that it pops free, even if they were the person who got their shot blocked or had their dribble stripped. Your AI teammates, by contrast, are content to stand flatfooted and just stare at loose balls and rebounds, like they are waiting for your created player to come over and grab it for them.

CPU-controlled scrubs like Ryan Kelly and Xavier Henry are somehow able to drain contested shots and complete acrobatic finishes at an insanely high conversion rate, yet your own teammates have a hard time making completely uncontested looks.

It feels like My Career games are being unfairly tilted in the CPU's favor -- regardless of your chosen difficulty setting -- when it comes to the AI's on-court performance.

It's always been like this.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
I've had server problems, obviously, but the game is really not bad. I'm a 6'6 PG 77 overall and I'm on my second season. Setting screens aren't a problem if you set them at the right places. The one thing I do find irritating though are the excessive illegal screen calls. Other then that the game is very solid all-around. I really wish they didn't include the "2KTV" show. Instead of adding that to the game maybe polishing up some of the features would've benefited the game more.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #20
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K15's MyCAREER Has a Rough Start, Shows Promise

I have 2 MyCareer files (pg and sf) going and I have not experienced any brain-dead teammates or superhuman opponents. Except for James Harden. That guy was a beast against my Mavericks.

Injuries are very realistic this year -very brutal at times.

Last edited by Taer; 10-10-2014 at 01:02 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:11 PM   #21
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K15's MyCAREER Has a Rough Start, Shows Promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ1997
This Could be A great Mode If they ever get the servers fixed
Or if they made it offline. MyCareer = Offline and MyPlayer = Online. No worries about VC cheats and such.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 08:14 AM   #22
Rookie

They had a year to work on servers and they loafted. Lol c'mon 2k your games don't suck it's THE SERVERS
Old 10-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #23
Rookie

I found a solution to all of these problems (pretty much the same method I use every year). I have one separate MC save that is offline, and one that is online. With the online one, I play far enough to make the player decent (or buy the vc if you're impatient or don't have the time).

For the separate offline save, I can set the sliders in the games main menu before I start MC dropping cpu scoring by 1 across the board, raising my teams outside shooting tendencies by 2 for mid and three point so they actually take open looks (looking at you Kyle Korver) and give mod skill points (not vc cause it's offline nor should you or can you mod vc), so that my overall in the mid to low 70's usually. Now that my teammates shoot more, I don't even get enough looks when starting to score 35+ points like we could last year on superstar/sim or HOF. Now I'm putting up 20-30 while starting and I have to ball hog on some level to do it.

I'm using "cheat" engine and a table for 2k15 created by a user on another forum that I'm not sure about being able to link to accomplish these things (google "my career 2k15 sliders") . When I want to play online, I switch to the online save with normal sliders, otherwise I just play my offline save with custom sliders.

I never have to worry about servers being down or being flamed/banned for cheating in order to experience the game the way it should be (in my opinion). The minor slider adjustments make my teammates take the shots they should and busters like Xavier Henry not be able to put up 20-25 with jumpshots and circus layups on superstar/sim. Obviously, you need the PC version to do this, and I would seriously recommend you not attempt these things with an online save cause that would be unscrupulous at best and probably get you banned from servers (not that they've really been working anyway).
Old 10-10-2014, 08:35 AM   #24
Rookie

Btw, to create an offline save, just disconnect from the internet before you start the game and press "Y" (or whatever the equivalent is on your controller) to access the various MC saves and start a new one. It will say "no vc (the symbol for it anyway)" and tell you when you confirm that you will have skill points instead, can't get in the MP store (which I could never get to open anyway) and that you wont be able to take that player online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »