Home

NBA 2K15's Gameplay is Fresh Enough to Be Good

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's Gameplay is Fresh Enough to Be Good within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #9
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K15's Gameplay is Fresh Enough to Be Good

And so it begins... Lol!
Old 10-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar777
I think when anyone reviews games from now on the reviews should be based on online AND offline play. And the overall score should reflect that.
Agreed...that would be helpful as I rarely play online. So I couldn't care if the servers are bad which would drop the score from 9.0 to 8.8. Two scores would be great. Nice suggestion!
Old 10-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4
Gameplay has definitely been improved. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos before purchasing the game, let me tell you, this is one that you have to see and FEEL in person. The videos that I watched online kind of did a disservice to what is actually some great on-court action this year.

Watching the CPU-CPU videos online kind of put me off as the offense being ran looked stagnant and I even saw CPU players passing up open shots to drive in the lane. On All-Star simulation, no slider changes, this was definitely not the case. Wide open shooters shot the ball, I saw change of pace from the offense, and a variety of fast break opportunities.

Also, another star of the show is movement and momentum. The players move so smooth, and you can rush an open shooter and not pay the consequence of the player blowing by you. Defense is greatly improved as the movement isnt as sticky in 2k14 and this allows you to really play some defense.

I don't normally comment on games but I must say 2K did and outstanding job this year. A worthy $60 purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 12:36 PM   #12
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
My biggest complaint has always been, the cpu defense and the fact that it "mirror's" you. Attributes like speed, quickness, dribble skill don't mean anything.
I'm hoping that this year that is not the case.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #13
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K15's Gameplay is Fresh Enough to Be Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaC_KiNg09
Gameplay has definitely been improved. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos before purchasing the game, let me tell you, this is one that you have to see and FEEL in person. The videos that I watched online kind of did a disservice to what is actually some great on-court action this year.

Watching the CPU-CPU videos online kind of put me off as the offense being ran looked stagnant and I even saw CPU players passing up open shots to drive in the lane. On All-Star simulation, no slider changes, this was definitely not the case. Wide open shooters shot the ball, I saw change of pace from the offense, and a variety of fast break opportunities.

Also, another star of the show is movement and momentum. The players move so smooth, and you can rush an open shooter and not pay the consequence of the player blowing by you. Defense is greatly improved as the movement isnt as sticky in 2k14 and this allows you to really play some defense.

I don't normally comment on games but I must say 2K did and outstanding job this year. A worthy $60 purchase.
What game are you playing? I feel like defense is a step back if anything. Players don't move smoothly to me, they react slow and then when they do finally move it's way too much. I like that there's weight to the players, but they all weigh the same! Kemba Walker shouldn't react as slowly as Big Al.

NFL
Carolina Panthers

College
Carolina Tar Heels

Won't change until:
1) Hornets win a playoff game
2) Panthers win a Super Bowl
3) Tar Heels win another championship (Completed: 4/3/2017)

PSN:BetterHigh1990

Starting 1/10/12
Old 10-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
I've played online about 20 times with the t-wolves I average thirty points...thirty with zach livine! All dunks does that seem legit? I think it pretty much plays the same overall or maybe it's because it's still preseason.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #15
Rookie

Fewer elite players? According to my last game, monte Ellis is comparable to Jordan in his prime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #16
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
What game are you playing? I feel like defense is a step back if anything. Players don't move smoothly to me, they react slow and then when they do finally move it's way too much. I like that there's weight to the players, but they all weigh the same! Kemba Walker shouldn't react as slowly as Big Al.
I totally agree with Jakeness23, the defense in this game seriously lacks in mobility for player use. I can say the same for the offensive side. Players feel extremely heavy, not to mention there is a lack of responsiveness when imputing commands to do dribble move, timing a jump to block a shot, staying in front of the cpu when playing D, and the canned animations you're still forced to deal with in many situations. I'm a huge supporter of 2K basketball since Dreamcast and this game just seems to fall short on a gameplay aspect when it comes to feeling in control of your players/mobility. I do however like the presentation additions to the game but, even that can improve in time ( What happened to the halftime show?). Fast players like D.Rose, Westbrooke, Lillard, etc should be able to switch directions quickly like they do in real life. Instead they too feel very heavy and sluggish. I'm not bashing 2K at all, I just want them to focus on the small but seem to be big problems in terms of gameplay and overall player control of the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »