Home

Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

This is a discussion on Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #73
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling2k
The reason these problems persist in so many videogames (aside from the difficulty of it) is that most games see the biggest server hit on week one. In fact, the week one hit is significantly larger than any other week. Imagine 1 million simultaneous users on the first week of release, and by week 2 or 3 it's down to 100,000 users and it stays there all year. It makes no sense financially to invest in 10x the server capacity for a load that only lasts one week. I might be wrong about this, but I'm sure I read this in a dev interview somewhere (but not 2K.)
If you work in IT... you know that proper 'Regression Testing', or 'Stress Testing' covers EVERYTHING you just mentioned. (i.e. Web Server Load Testing)

Software Development companies usually work with 'hosting providers' to set-up & run 'simulations' to replicate 'millions of users' hitting the servers at the same time, in order to uncover & resolve performance bugs, ahead of time.

A senior-level Server Admin who is 'worth his salt' can tell you all about it.

But if your software goes 'gold' only 10 days before your official 'release date'... you may not have enough time to perform these types of server tests.

Just saying.

Last edited by RogerBlack; 10-09-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:17 PM   #74
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

We need a demo or a beta where they allow us access to it and the online capabilities . Maybe play quick matches or anything to simulate server activity. There would be no shortage of volunteers as we deal with server issues year in and year out.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #75
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
The product of the actual game is of high quality imo. It's the implementation of the servers that's of low quality.

The game plays great, when the servers don't screw it up. The guys who put the gameplay together probably have nothing to do with the servers, so there's no reason to drag those guys into this as this is probably the best playing sports game I've ever played.
"You're only as strong as your weakest link". There's only one product, so I can't support just the dev team, I have to look at the product as a whole and unfortunately their server issues bring down the entire game. As for gameplay though, there have been some videos posted showing people draining heavily contested shots while missing wide open ones. It seems like if you perform some flashy moves your shot % will increase, but take an open spot-up jumper and you'll probably miss (unless it's a 3 because everyone loves making 3's, mid-range jumpers don't sell games though).

Last edited by Lakers 24 7; 10-09-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 06:31 PM   #76
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
Kinda sad we continue to let them off the hook every year with these servers, they literally been bad like 7 8 years. I know they make great games, but they need to be held accountable like the way people hold Madden accountable about some of the negative things they do.

Why is there always someone trying to make this point? At what point during the countless posts and threads of outraged people taking their shots at 2K's servers and head people would you consider them off the hook?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #77
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Is anyone else's VIP page blank?? I can't see my online record. I also have no clue if it's recording games while it's down either??
Old 10-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Why is there always someone trying to make this point? At what point during the countless posts and threads of outraged people taking their shots at 2K's servers and head people would you consider them off the hook?

Probably the point where people still bought the game which definitely lets them off the hook. The only voice that matters is your wallet. Speak with that and they'll listen.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #79
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Probably the point where people still bought the game which definitely lets them off the hook. The only voice that matters is your wallet. Speak with that and they'll listen.

So then explain to me where he has a leg to stand on in his agenda post where he claims that Madden is held accountable and yet 2K is "let off the hook." Don't worry I'll wait. Nah, actually never mind I won't. Because last I checked, Madden is still selling pretty well. So what exactly is different?

Old 10-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 1

IMO, this isn't about needing a beta to test servers because this isn't a one time issue. 2K's servers have been horrible for years now. This is more of an issue of skimping on server's and not having a large enough infrastructure to support all the gamers online on various different platforms.

EA games never have this many problems with their servers and games like Madden and FIFA sell very well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »