Home

NBA 2K15's MyCAREER Has a Rough Start, Shows Promise

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's MyCAREER Has a Rough Start, Shows Promise within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2014, 02:49 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K15's MyCAREER Has a Rough Start, Shows Promise

While trying to play NBA 2K15 over the past two days, I've seen that error message more than I've seen my created point guard on the court.

I've shot about 30 different face scans, not because of a poorly-lit apartment, or because of any perfectionist compulsions, but because NBA 2K15 has a terrible habit of deleting your My Player profile if a store transaction fails or the game's servers go down.

And since Tuesday, Visual Concepts' network -- despite having the company's "top engineers" working on it -- has been down more than it's been up.

You won't lose any of your player's upgrades or his career progress when you encounter those errors, but you will have to re-enter all of his information again, including his face scan.

Aside from being repeatedly bugged to "fill the window with your face," or "check your internet connection and try again," here is what stands out from playing My Career in NBA 2K15...

Read More - NBA 2K15's MyCAREER Has a Rough Start, Shows Promise
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
Rookie

sc050610's Arena

OVR: 0
Everything you mentioned above has happened to me. Yesterday when I logged in after spending about two hours trying to scan my face on launch day (with no luck), it lost everything; so after another two hours of trying to scan my face which included multiple system freezes and game freezes I got a pretty decent one and decided to run with it. The first one my career I started, I deleted it as I was not even earning VC, I was earning points somehow it started as a offline mycareer mode.

Everything was fine playing wise last night, the store did not work at all as all i got was error codes each time I tried to login to it. Hopefully it will all work fine tonight.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
Rookie

champ1997's Arena

This Could be A great Mode If they ever get the servers fixed
Old 10-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1
Bad Team AI and awesome CPU players may push me away from buying this game as MYPLAYER is the only mode I would play. thanks for the input
Old 10-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2
Everything you said was spot on. The coach meetings is terrible and the Cpu is amazing. They make every layup after grabbing the offensive rebound and your teammates miss everything. It can be frustrating. And I don't know why our players are always terrible. We should be decent players when we start, not at the bottom.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #6
Rookie

I swear it seems playing a big man is the only way to play this mode at the moment. Setting screens seems to be the key to get your team's offense going and don't even think about anybody trying to defend the rim if you're not doing it. But there is no answer to the superhuman abilities of the CPU. Its ridiculous how many shots they make.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:54 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 11
Love the game but thats not saying too much because I love pretty much all 2k ballers. After saying all that I almost stop playing 2 days after buying due too problems installing and when my hard work creating myself gets deleted not more then once.... Or twice or three times it becomes frustrating.... Anyway, i haven't had any problems today so lets hope we can play ball.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Semipro91's Arena

OVR: 1
Incompetent teammates

NBA 2K15's teammate AI still struggles to support users who want to play as a pass-first guard or run set plays instead of freelancing. On offense, your teammates will often hold onto the ball, drive into traffic, or pass right back to you instead of taking wide open shots. The few field goals they do attempt usually end up being bricks, regardless of how open or how close to the rim they are.

Defensively, your big men do not defend the paint well, allowing too many backdoor cuts and easy entry passes. Despite having John Henson and Larry Sanders in the front-court, my created 5'11" 155 lb. point guard was the only player on my Milwaukee Bucks team who was boxing out, diving after loose balls, jumping to grab rebounds, and trying to swat interior shots."

I disagree with this part. I am a pass first PG, I'm averaging 7 assists off the bench. I don't call plays either, I just play free lance. If you go to the top of the three point line and wait 4-5 seconds you will see your teammates move around and make cuts. Calling screens and driving and dishing has never been more fluid with the way teammates are cutting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »