Home

Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

This is a discussion on Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Kinda sad we continue to let them off the hook every year with these servers, they literally been bad like 7 8 years. I know they make great games, but they need to be held accountable like the way people hold Madden accountable about some of the negative things they do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Were they top men?
Apparently not. 😀
Old 10-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #43
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

I finally understand the article about their top "2" engineers working on the servers. All that means is that they don't have a dedicated team to develop a solid online infrastructure for this title. I'm assuming they have a very lean DEV/IT team. Most of them are apart of OS outside of that I'm assuming there's not to many more although I could be wrong. I worked on a lean IT team at my last job, trust me being apart of a team like this isn't fun especially when things are not working. What I don't understand is why spread yourself so thin 2K? A lot of your promised features require a stable online interface, and it seems you don't have the resources to secure the back bone. I'm frustrated like everyone else because I can't play an haven't had a solid experience for 6 straight years. My advice start hiring some talent to make sure that's your core online features work, make online connectivity a priority. Use some of those marketing dollars and build a networking team to help with this franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2014, 03:22 PM   #44
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob. D
I finally understand the article about their top "2" engineers working on the servers. All that means is that they don't have a dedicated team to develop a solid online infrastructure for this title. I'm assuming they have a very lean DEV/IT team. Most of them are apart of OS outside of that I'm assuming there's not to many more although I could be wrong. I worked on a lean IT team at my last job, trust me being apart of a team like this isn't fun especially when things are not working. What I don't understand is why spread yourself so thin 2K? A lot of your promised features require a stable online interface, and it seems you don't have the resources to secure the back bone. I'm frustrated like everyone else because I can't play an haven't had a solid experience for 6 straight years. My advice start hiring some talent to make sure that's your core online features work, make online connectivity a priority. Use some of those marketing dollars and build a networking team to help with this franchise.

Go see the credits on the game. That is not a lean team. It's priorities man. Adding 2 top engineers is not prioritizing online at all.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 10-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #45
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob. D
....My advice start hiring some talent to make sure that's your core online features work, make online connectivity a priority. Use some of those marketing dollars and build a networking team to help with this franchise.

As someone who doesn't play online, does anyone knows what games in the past or present has stable online connectivity? 2K should either pick their brains, recruit those individuals, or better yet outright purchase whatever those equipments are to give the online community a working experience.

If you're working with a flawed online connectivity system, ten geniuses cooped up in a room most likely will not solve the problem -- they can only do so much. New and better equipment is probably the only way to get things resolved.

But what do I know, I don't work in IT.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #46
Rookie

Kevin Durants body language says it all in the 2KTV segment.
He knows 2K is selling a $70-80 turd based off nostalgia and
I don't think he's entirely thrilled that he's on the cover of this
version.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #47
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
As someone who doesn't play online, does anyone knows what games in the past or present has stable online connectivity? 2K should either pick their brains, recruit those individuals, or better yet outright purchase whatever those equipments are to give the online community a working experience.

If you're working with a flawed online connectivity system, ten geniuses cooped up in a room most likely will not solve the problem -- they can only do so much. New and better equipment is probably the only way to get things resolved.

But what do I know, I don't work in IT.
As someone who DOES work in IT, I would almost guarantee that the majority of issues are software related. Sure, there may be some capacity issues with the hardware. But that would be a case of just throwing some money at the situation and it would be resolved. After all, there are only a few hardware manufacturers out there that make enterprise wide solutions like a game hosting server farm.

The reason they can't get it working, like much of the time for NBA 2k14 and still no better for NBA 2k15, is because their proprietary, in-house software is poorly written, poorly tested, poorly de-bugged.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #48
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDinTDOT
Kevin Durants body language says it all in the 2KTV segment.
He knows 2K is selling a $70-80 turd based off nostalgia and
I don't think he's entirely thrilled that he's on the cover of this
version.
If the servers worked this is the best 2K of alltime..
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

The Ace- Coaching Career of Jordan James

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »