Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #489
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

For those who are seeing too many sacks, have you adjusted the holding slider at all?

The penalty sliders do two things and its an either/or:

1. They Trigger animations happening more often like the facemask animation.
2. They Prevent the AI players from doing things for fear of getting a penalty.

At default sliders and default penalties, I did not see a real sack problem. I also did not see any holding penalties.

My theory would be that people who see a ton of sacks may have moved the holding slider to try to get some calls and the AI players are releasing their blocks too soon to prevent the penalty being called.

I'm not in any way doubting that the sack issue exists. I just haven't seen it, and trying to figure out why.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #490
Rookie

OVR: 2

Iam having an issue now in offline franchise ,I go to play giants vs lions week 1 and all it does is say loading data please wait and it never advances ..Is this a problem since the new patch ? It happened every time I reset the system yesterday ,its very frustrating
Old 10-09-2014, 12:28 PM   #491
Rookie

OVR: 3

There might be too many sacks but I see them as balancing out the absurd lack of penalties. Given the almost total absence of offensive penalties, it is the only way you will ever see 2 and 20 in the game. Since penalties in real life are also drive killers, two or three drives killed by sacks in the game seem to equal the drives killed by a penalty in real life. Without sacks or penalties the offenses might be too potent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #492
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelandair
There might be too many sacks but I see them as balancing out the absurd lack of penalties. Given the almost total absence of offensive penalties, it is the only way you will ever see 2 and 20 in the game. Since penalties in real life are also drive killers, two or three drives killed by sacks in the game seem to equal the drives killed by a penalty in real life. Without sacks or penalties the offenses might be too potent.

That's one way to look at it...

Th3 Chos3n On3
Old 10-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #493

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
I'm not talking to anyone like their idiots, but it's not up to me how you interpret posts.

I think EA should leave the game alone and that's just my opinion.

And that's fine, I agree 100%

I struggle with the accusation that some of us are nitpicking the game. I am not a nitpicker of games at all, I very much enjoy this game with this one issue which is drastically affecting the game as it's played on the field which should be our first concern.

Like I said, I'm glad it's not affecting you and if that were the case for me I wouldn't campaign for change either.

Just not sure why you decided to get on a pedestal and tell those of us that see this issue that we are wrong for pointing this out since it plays fine for you.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #494
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

It's not really nitpicking if it's being held to a standard that the developer set themselves. Seems fair to me. But it's been made clear who wants and cares about sim football, and who doesn't. No point in beating that horse anymore.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #495
Rookie

The loading screen happens all the time, when it gets stuck simply reset the game go back in and set auto delegate to the improvements then play. I figured the patch would fix this but nope.
Also I never touched the holding or any penalties. I don't need penalties. I need less sacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #496

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelandair

Penalties aren't (usually) a loss of down so big difference there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
For those who are seeing too many sacks, have you adjusted the holding slider at all?

The penalty sliders do two things and its an either/or:

1. They Trigger animations happening more often like the facemask animation.

2. They Prevent the AI players from doing things for fear of getting a penalty.

At default sliders and default penalties, I did not see a real sack problem. I also did not see any holding penalties.

My theory would be that people who see a ton of sacks may have moved the holding slider to try to get some calls and the AI players are releasing their blocks too soon to prevent the penalty being called.

I'm not in any way doubting that the sack issue exists. I just haven't seen it, and trying to figure out why.

I saw something somewhere (twitter maybe) that turning up the intentional grounding slider has a positive effect. I'm going to check it out later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »