Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2014, 10:57 AM   #481
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
If Madden was to go straight SIM, it would have to restrict the user based on percentages.

Then it would be boring. I think it's a good video game.
Wait.. what..? Could you explain that please?

How would they have to restrict the user in order to make a sim game? How would improving the CPU AI so we get less sacks be restricting the user? It would actually get the user more involved as it would be harder to stop the CPU. But that's just one small example. If they had better WR/DB interaction how would that restrict the user?

I'm confused.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 11:05 AM   #482
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Wait.. what..? Could you explain that please?

How would they have to restrict the user in order to make a sim game? How would improving the CPU AI so we get less sacks be restricting the user? It would actually get the user more involved as it would be harder to stop the CPU. But that's just one small example. If they had better WR/DB interaction how would that restrict the user?

I'm confused.
So you would want it realistic as in false starts and holding calls? You want all the realism that exists in a real NFL game to slow it down?

The interactions between CB and WR is wanted, but not game changing. I'm enjoying the game in its current state.

I'm not looking to breakdown the game every time I fire it up. I enjoy it for what it is.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #483
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
So you would want it realistic as in false starts and holding calls? You want all the realism that exists in a real NFL game to slow it down?

The interactions between CB and WR is wanted, but not game changing. I'm enjoying the game in its current state.

I'm not looking to breakdown the game every time I fire it up. I enjoy it for what it is.
LOL I like how you completely dodged that question. I repeat, how does making the game more sim RESTRICT the user and make it any less of a videogame?

First of all, false starts and holding have been in previous Madden's and have been the only penalties in Madden for most of its lifetime. So yes I want all the realism that exist in the NFL. Which includes penalties. How much will it slow the game down? Um maybe 5 seconds? Have you ever got a penalty in Madden. Did you take a 5 minute TV timeout or something? You get a penalty. Accept it. Back to the game. Hardly slows down anything, not that it ever happens.

You don't have to breakdown the game everytime you play it. But if you can't see the problem with the AI you are just ignorantly bliss. I don't have to breakdown anything when I watch the QB consistently run into my left end. I understand you don't get why people are complaining because YOU enjoy the product. Hell I enjoy i too, but I can't turn a blind eye to obvious flaws.

Either way, you are trying to make it seem like they CANT make the game more realistic because it would hurt the user. Please explain how...
Old 10-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #484
Rookie

OVR: 4

So the slim playcallscreen is optional right? it is on by default now or can you switch back to the bigger and laggier one?

Old 10-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #485
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
LOL I like how you completely dodged that question. I repeat, how does making the game more sim RESTRICT the user and make it any less of a videogame?

First of all, false starts and holding have been in previous Madden's and have been the only penalties in Madden for most of its lifetime. So yes I want all the realism that exist in the NFL. Which includes penalties. How much will it slow the game down? Um maybe 5 seconds? Have you ever got a penalty in Madden. Did you take a 5 minute TV timeout or something? You get a penalty. Accept it. Back to the game. Hardly slows down anything, not that it ever happens.

You don't have to breakdown the game everytime you play it. But if you can't see the problem with the AI you are just ignorantly bliss. I don't have to breakdown anything when I watch the QB consistently run into my left end. I understand you don't get why people are complaining because YOU enjoy the product. Hell I enjoy i too, but I can't turn a blind eye to obvious flaws.

Either way, you are trying to make it seem like they CANT make the game more realistic because it would hurt the user. Please explain how...
Yeah everything has flaws, that's why God created message boards.lol

No matter how 'realistic' or arcade they make the game, it will.still be nit picked about something or another.

I look forward to Madden every year because I love football and it does a good job representing every major aspect of the game. Yeah it has flaws and no it's not perfect, but it's to my liking and that's what it's all about.

Sorry but I can't bring myself to complaining every year about minute stuff.

Madden is what it is, slow down, realise that and enjoy...

Last edited by Gorilla Glass; 10-09-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #486
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
So the slim playcallscreen is optional right? it is on by default now or can you switch back to the bigger and laggier one?
For me it wasn't on by default. I had to turn it on. There isn't much difference. I like it on since I can see more of the screen on replays and that every time I cycle through the formations I don't get the extra info that pops up. But you can't cycle through the different sub-formations at the main screen either which I'm personally fine with.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #487
Pro

Quote:

Looks like the Gorilla has dug himself a deep hole.......lol.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #488
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ok here's the real deal. Post patch I like it. Seems the cpu QB is still to good but I play on all madden and set that to 8 and it's real now. Everything seemss to be fine, I don't mind getting sacks and them getting sacks. My issue is every game I've played if I'm up my team will sack them every third down when they are trying to tie or win. Every time. Sometimes I don't mind cause it does happen in real life. But every damn game it does this.
It takes away the fun cause in the 4th the cpu plays great and you get to the edge of your seat and all the sudden. Sack, sack, sack, sack. Imo this kills the game for me, makes it boring. The only times this game works for me is when I'm losing and the one coming back.
So until the sacks are fixed this game ultimately sucks. I know people that want to win 100% of the time and will cry if they don't and they love it. They yell "Yes he sacked him again, my ball"
I like it when I beat them and I really beat them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »