Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2014, 11:45 PM   #449
Rookie

dk6663's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

How can you tell if you got the patch. Turned my game in after hearing about the patch and nothing happened. No download. I have an xbox one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2014, 11:49 PM   #450
Rookie

OVR: 0

first time in my life a booth reviewed TD grab was upheld, that was pretty cool.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:57 PM   #451
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
So wait a minute....because YOU can't stop the cpu,5-7 sacks a game is your answer for everybody? I'm just totally confused by all of this.

This last part I quoted seems to be more of a user issue than anything else...myself and I'm sure other folks can stop the cpu,can we stop them all the time? nope...but I don't want the game to be decided on the cpu QB taking 3 sacks to kill a drive....especially a potential game winning drive...which is what happened to me earlier.
With the game the way it is? Yes, sacks are better than no sacks. 5-7 isn't even an insane amount. You're saying when you play man defense, it works? Defenders cover receivers? Because mine don't. It's not a user issue because I can't control all defenders. Even if I cover my guy perfectly, someone else (if not everybody else) is gonna be 10 yards away from his. Are you saying you see the quarterbacks miss on throws? QBs don't go 80%+ completions every time? How is that a user issue if I only control one guy? Do you play with sliders? What difficulty?

I'm not saying the sacks aren't too high. I'm saying the game is fundamentally broken in 10 ways before sacks even come to mind. I'm saying playing this game would be insanely frustrating if all the sudden you couldn't get sacks anymore. I'm saying we shouldn't be talking about sacks without talking about CPU QB AI and user team coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #452
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
OK I finally decided to unwrap the game after much debate. I bought the game labor day weekend on sale but I've been reading these threads and my hopes were not very high, but I took the plunge anyway.

I played 1 play now game default all-pro with penalties all at 55. 12 minute quarters and accelerated clock to 16.

I was the lions and won 24-20. I had 402 yards of offense to 305 for the Vikings. Each team had 1 INT. Stafford was knocked out early and was 5-5 with a long TD pass to Johnson. Orlovsky came in and was 12-20 for 227 1 TD and 1 Pick. I was sacked 4 times, 2 of them because I held the ball too long.

Asiata started the game with a 38 yard run and finished with 105 on 22 carries and a TD. Bridgewater was 16-22 for 220 yards and a TD and a Pick. He was sacked 3 times. 1 on a screen play where he didn't get rid of the ball. The other 2 seemed like legit cover sacks. His incompletions were basically him throwing just as he got hit and 1 where the ball was jarred loose from the receiver.

So in conclusion, after 1 game in play now, I did not see the sacks being an issue. Now I know that everyone says that franchise will play differently so I will check that out next. I only controlled the DT as I have done pretty much since the early days of Madden. So I could see how if EA told some tester to look at it and he did and had a game like mine, he would say sacks were not an issue.

Onto the penalties. They were non existent except for 3 facemasks. Really disappointing not to see a hold, clip, false start or offsides. Do these sliders work at all?

Anyway, everyone knows how critical I have been of EA so I will play some more tomorrow and post stats from a Franchise game.

Overall, the game felt, meh. Not much different than what Madden 12 was for me on the 360. But I was really concentrating on the sacks and penalties to see what was going on there. I thought the AI played a pretty decent game for it to be on All-Pro default. It wasn't a walk-over, but I'm rusty.

I also noticed there were very few assisted tackles, but I might have to lower tackling to see those. But as it stood almost every tackle was considered solo despite multiple times seeing multiple defenders in on the play.

Give it more time lol. When I got the game for like the first 5 games I wasn't seeing the crazy sack numbers and I was thinking what is ever one talking about lol. Now after that the least amont of sacks I have had is 4 and most games I get 8-9 and some games I get 10-12 sacks. I think the first few games I played was agest QB that didn't have the tendecise to hold on to the ball or what ever they call it.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:01 AM   #453
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidanything2
5-7 isn't even an insane amount.
Given NFL team average 2.5 per game, averaging 5-7 per game is quite high,

It would be like a baseball game where the pitchers all averaged 12-16Ks per 9 innings.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:01 AM   #454

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
5-7 isn't even an insane amount.
Yes it is. Multiply even just 5 by 16 games and compare it to stats and record books. Even 5 a game is an insane amount.

Quote:
I'm not saying the sacks aren't too high.
Contradicting yourself here.

If your point is to say there aren't other issues with the game I don't think you won't get much of a disagreement, but I don't think saying sack totals isn't too high is the best way to go about it when you clearly don't believe what you are saying yourself.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:06 AM   #455
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
With the game the way it is? Yes, sacks are better than no sacks. 5-7 isn't even an insane amount. You're saying when you play man defense, it works? Defenders cover receivers? Because mine don't. It's not a user issue because I can't control all defenders. Even if I cover my guy perfectly, someone else (if not everybody else) is gonna be 10 yards away from his. Are you saying you see the quarterbacks miss on throws? QBs don't go 80%+ completions every time? How is that a user issue if I only control one guy? Do you play with sliders? What difficulty?

I'm not saying the sacks aren't too high. I'm saying the game is fundamentally broken in 10 ways before sacks even come to mind. I'm saying playing this game would be insanely frustrating if all the sudden you couldn't get sacks anymore. I'm saying we shouldn't be talking about sacks without talking about CPU QB AI and user team coverage.

Even 5-7 sacks I would take and I am not even that good. Most games I have 8-9 and that is like 2 or 2 times has many has I should have and the QB if you put QB slider down to anything below like 40 the miss a lot of passes. Heck I tried a few games with the QB slider between 10-25 and even at 25 the CPU cant even make a check down pass with out over passing the ball. They make tim tebow look good with how bad there passes are if you have the slider that low. If you have the QB slider around 40 you see a realistic amont of bad passes. You just need to have pass coverage around 80-85 and low reaction of like 5 with CPU WR around 45 and you see more realistic completion % and part of the reason that completion % are has high has they are is because the CPU don't thorw balls away when they should and takes sacks. If the CPU where to throw some of those balls away instead of taking the sack completion % would be lower then they are. This is on all pro by the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 12:08 AM   #456
Rookie

dk6663's Arena

Help !!!!! How can you tell if you got the patch. Turned my game in after hearing about the patch and nothing happened. No download. I have an xbox one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »