Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2014, 10:47 PM   #441
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

Still seeing qb's throwing in the 90%.....wow, just wow. I dont mean brady or manning either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 10:54 PM   #442

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycool
Clint did not say there wasn't a problem, he said only there was nothing to fix. In fear of speaking for someone, I will say I believe he was trying to say that its not a bug but rather something that needs to be fundamentally changed with how the game operates. Without knowing the details, its likely that the logic to release the ball is tied to so many different variables that it would be a disaster to try and tinker with those during a patch cycle. Again, many of these are just assumptions on my part and Clint may have a completely different view on it.

Here is our twitter exchange that lead me to believe that they are aware of a problem and there just wasn't a reasonable/possible fix for it.
That's actually not true, not posting handles or anything as you can find them earlier in this thread when asked why sacks hadn't been addressed but this was Clint's response at one point to a user here (I'm assuming it's been deleted):

"we looked extensively at that and did not find an issue. So sorry if you're mad"

For what it's worth, I agree with you that the scope of the problem is probably too big to fix because of other variables it could affect and I'm not one to judge their work because I do trust them but that was said and I can't really defend that.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:03 PM   #443
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

Quote:
Clint did not say there wasn't a problem, he said only there was nothing to fix. In fear of speaking for someone, I will say I believe he was trying to say that its not a bug but rather something that needs to be fundamentally changed with how the game operates. Without knowing the details, its likely that the logic to release the ball is tied to so many different variables that it would be a disaster to try and tinker with those during a patch cycle.
Quite probable . . . that said, just increasing the CPU's chance to throw the ball away (by editing traits) seemed to make a world of difference for most. Yes, maybe it makes the CPU QB play a little less correctly in another area, but I think a lot of us are willing to accept that risk in order to make the over game more playable.

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 10-08-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:06 PM   #444
Rookie

OVR: 5
I took issue here as bug, not problem, as he later tweeted in the same conversation "@hcut2k4 I'm not saying they don't take too many sacks. I'm saying it's not that simple. I see nothing in that logic that is wrong (1/2)"

Last edited by homeycool; 10-08-2014 at 11:08 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #445
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidanything2
1, the people complaining about too many sacks must be trying their damndest to get them. I had 3 people with double digit sacks, and 4 people with over 5. Yes that's high, but my highest also only had 15 or so, I'd have to go back and look to be exact. 15 is nowhere near the record, but in two seasons I broke, then re-broke the rushing record (with ease.) Yes, there are a lot of sacks, but it's not astronomical unless you really try.

Which leads to 2. The game the way it is requires all the sacks. Sacks are the ABSOLUTE ONLY way I stop the CPU. The average number of times I see incomplete passes in game, as in a QB throws a normal route and it high low, left, or right and lands near the receiver is probably under 1. I see incomplete passes from disruptive hits, throwing bombs on 4th and 20 something, the receiver being out of bounds, or dropped interceptions. But rarely from the QB just missing. Why? Because the coverage is abysmal (THE REAL PROBLEM FOR 10 YEARS). That's what I see as the real problem. People rarely stay in their zones, and man coverage is non-existant. Everyone is just open on almost every play.

All that said, if the sacks weren't there, IDK how I'd ever stop the CPU. I play on All-Pro with no sliders and I think there are so many things wrong with this game, fixing the sacks would just make it worse.
This is dead on. Unless you get pressure at default ap the qb will complete passes at will, everywhere. I am noticing that the qb's are harder to take down now but maybe thats placebo...as in slipping out of tackles all over the place. The things you see on an nfl field when it comes to qb play are just not there. I rarely see an underthrown/overthrown ball by the cpu. You can turn down wr catching if you enjoy seeing those same dead on target passes fall out of wr hands. I am sorry, this game is just terrible. Its not nfl football but in name. Its obviously going to stay this way because its the only game in town and selling record numbers.

I will give you this EA. You made a pretty game. But the gameplay is garbage. And being as how you think there is no issue, it will continue to be garbage into the foreseeable future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 11:10 PM   #446
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

Quote:
I took issue here as bug, not problem, as he later tweeted in the same conversation "@hcut2k4 I'm not saying they don't take too many sacks. I'm saying it's not that simple. I see nothing in that logic that is wrong (1/2)"
The QB logic? When the run out of the pocket, in the clear . . . then instead of throwing it away or running upfield, they decide to try to plant and throw, and get sacked when no one is open right away . . . there is definitely an issue in the AI decision tree here (mainly that it is an obviously wrong decision )

Though I am sure the problem is not a simple one.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #447
Rookie

dk6663's Arena

How can you tell if you got the patch. Turned my game in after hearing about the patch and nothing happened. No download. I have an xbox one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2014, 11:37 PM   #448
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

OK I finally decided to unwrap the game after much debate. I bought the game labor day weekend on sale but I've been reading these threads and my hopes were not very high, but I took the plunge anyway.

I played 1 play now game default all-pro with penalties all at 55. 12 minute quarters and accelerated clock to 16.

I was the lions and won 24-20. I had 402 yards of offense to 305 for the Vikings. Each team had 1 INT. Stafford was knocked out early and was 5-5 with a long TD pass to Johnson. Orlovsky came in and was 12-20 for 227 1 TD and 1 Pick. I was sacked 4 times, 2 of them because I held the ball too long.

Asiata started the game with a 38 yard run and finished with 105 on 22 carries and a TD. Bridgewater was 16-22 for 220 yards and a TD and a Pick. He was sacked 3 times. 1 on a screen play where he didn't get rid of the ball. The other 2 seemed like legit cover sacks. His incompletions were basically him throwing just as he got hit and 1 where the ball was jarred loose from the receiver.

So in conclusion, after 1 game in play now, I did not see the sacks being an issue. Now I know that everyone says that franchise will play differently so I will check that out next. I only controlled the DT as I have done pretty much since the early days of Madden. So I could see how if EA told some tester to look at it and he did and had a game like mine, he would say sacks were not an issue.

Onto the penalties. They were non existent except for 3 facemasks. Really disappointing not to see a hold, clip, false start or offsides. Do these sliders work at all?

Anyway, everyone knows how critical I have been of EA so I will play some more tomorrow and post stats from a Franchise game.

Overall, the game felt, meh. Not much different than what Madden 12 was for me on the 360. But I was really concentrating on the sacks and penalties to see what was going on there. I thought the AI played a pretty decent game for it to be on All-Pro default. It wasn't a walk-over, but I'm rusty.

I also noticed there were very few assisted tackles, but I might have to lower tackling to see those. But as it stood almost every tackle was considered solo despite multiple times seeing multiple defenders in on the play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »