Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #425
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
This line right here made me laugh and sad at the same time cause it's true..."Why yet again I'm playing another Madden that I both love and hate. It's like an abusive relationship."

Just to make clear..clint said there now is a sack issue..but the fix was to "big"..however could not give us any tips for a possible work around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's because I don't think there is a fix u can max out pass protect and still get 5-6 sacks a game even changing the qb's traits which some did to try get the qb get rid ball faster didn't work.

I've even edited de's, dt's traits etc and nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 06:16 PM   #426
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
This line right here made me laugh and sad at the same time cause it's true..."Why yet again I'm playing another Madden that I both love and hate. It's like an abusive relationship."

Just to make clear..clint said there now is a sack issue..but the fix was to "big"..however could not give us any tips for a possible work around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully they realize they need to fix the QB AI.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #427
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Actually, my qualifications as a site admin give me access to the user base numbers, which is what I was commenting on. I have tried explaining that there are millions of people with the game outside of OS. Hell, if anything I'm taking a shot at the site I help run to explain that we aren't the end all be all of sports gaming.

You need to focus on that point. If there are users here not seeing the sack issue, it's entirely possible that there are more users not seeing the problem than the group here that have a tendency to be more meticulous in regarding to specific gameplay aspects. And when you start tweaking something for a minority, you risk screwing it up for the majority.

Just an example: Let's say the CPU starts throwing the ball before the sack. There is no 'throw the ball at the feet of the receiver' mechanism in Madden. He can't throw the ball away unless he scrambles (the majority of the held balls that I have experienced have been between the tackles) because it would be Intentional Grounding. So you now have CPU QB throwing the ball under pressure to receivers who may be covered. Now you have more interceptions, something that has been an issue with the game in the past. It's give and take, and I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is to find that line with the different talent levels of the current userbase.

Also, let me remind you that attacking/insulting users of this site, including staff, is an offense that you can be banned for. So please try to continue this conversation in a manner that focuses more on the game and not on your opinions of my bias (which I have proven multiple times over on this site is not with any developer).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
And let me remind you Millennium, that this conversation was focused on the game, and that there were no “attacks” or “insults” to anyone here, least of all from me to you. Were you not just as adamant that “we guys” (pejorative) were arguing from a “bias”? Was that an attack? Was that an insult? I would think certainly no more or less than wondering what your motives might be in responding to the criticisms of the patch in the condescending manner in which you did.

Contrast that with the other posts here agreeing with your position on the patch and who articulated as such to me in a cordial manner. It’s as if (notice I said “as if”) you believe everyone here are idiots and you post responses as such (notice I didn’t say you called anyone idiots…I really shouldn’t have to qualify this). Moreover, if you want to start lobbing the “…and there it is” grenades, I could say the same about the ban talk. Respect is a two way street.

To the topic at hand, please don’t tell me what I “need to focus on” (again condescending). I perfectly understand your point and I vehemently disagree with it, and do so for reasons opposite of yours, which I’ve stated repeatedly in my previous posts. I know you can handle that.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:27 PM   #428
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
as I tell my 8 year old....you are certainly entitled to your opinion...

;o)

Take care!
Haha, as are you. You take care as well.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #429
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Agree / disagree / agree to disagree / or not, it's obvious that's there's a MAJOR issue with this title and I'm not surprised folks are disappointed / angry that the patch didn't even remotely address it...

Even more disappointing is the fact that the developers now acknowledge the issue, but still won't be able to correct it...

Like any middle aged man, I take "my golf" (gaming) addiction kinda seriously and I'm not happy to have to play the course in the condition it's in this year...

Old 10-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #430
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

As stated before, let's all get back on to talk about the patch. Martyrs swing conversation so aptly to their side these days.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 10-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #431
Rookie

OVR: 1

1, the people complaining about too many sacks must be trying their damndest to get them. I had 3 people with double digit sacks, and 4 people with over 5. Yes that's high, but my highest also only had 15 or so, I'd have to go back and look to be exact. 15 is nowhere near the record, but in two seasons I broke, then re-broke the rushing record (with ease.) Yes, there are a lot of sacks, but it's not astronomical unless you really try.

Which leads to 2. The game the way it is requires all the sacks. Sacks are the ABSOLUTE ONLY way I stop the CPU. The average number of times I see incomplete passes in game, as in a QB throws a normal route and it high low, left, or right and lands near the receiver is probably under 1. I see incomplete passes from disruptive hits, throwing bombs on 4th and 20 something, the receiver being out of bounds, or dropped interceptions. But rarely from the QB just missing. Why? Because the coverage is abysmal (THE REAL PROBLEM FOR 10 YEARS). That's what I see as the real problem. People rarely stay in their zones, and man coverage is non-existant. Everyone is just open on almost every play.

All that said, if the sacks weren't there, IDK how I'd ever stop the CPU. I play on All-Pro with no sliders and I think there are so many things wrong with this game, fixing the sacks would just make it worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 09:27 PM   #432

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidanything2
1, the people complaining about too many sacks must be trying their damndest to get them.
I'm not trying at all, I control a safety every play.

Why would people who are trying to get as many sacks as possible complain about too many sacks? It's important to understand that while there are some people who just complain to complain there are also an equal (if not more) amount of people who want to enjoy the game and are expressing their frustration with a certain aspect.

I really like this game, but there are certain times that the defense takes over for me with sacks and it feels like I'm getting artificial stops.

Last edited by kehlis; 10-08-2014 at 09:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »