Home

NBA 2K15 Reviewer Initial Impressions (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Reviewer Initial Impressions (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #33
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K15 Reviewer Initial Impressions (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog9007
First. I have been a long time 2k fan. I preorder their games blindly knowing that usually come out with great products. but...
They dropped the ball on so many levels. Game play is frantic and not smooth. Frame rate is garbage. plyers don't feel as weighted as they did in 2k14. And animations are awkward. Graphics are weak , even the basket and rim look weaker then last year.. players are all skinny, player models are way to similar. Elbows are pointy. Colors are off too.
The basket ball teleports during passes and shots
sound effects are off too. the ball bouncing off the rim clacks to much. Am i the only one seeing this?
I feel like they weigh TOO much and there's no difference from player to player. Whether you're controlling Big Al or Russell Westbrook, everybody feels like they weigh 300 lbs. They react way too slowly and there are SO many animations that are slow and take forever to play out.

I had Rose attempt a dunk, he missed, yet he kept hanging on the rim (not very D Rose to hang on the rim either), teammate got the rebound and shot with Rose still hanging out up there. The ball went in as he let go; it was just really ugly.

NFL
Carolina Panthers

College
Carolina Tar Heels

Won't change until:
1) Hornets win a playoff game
2) Panthers win a Super Bowl
3) Tar Heels win another championship (Completed: 4/3/2017)

PSN:BetterHigh1990

Starting 1/10/12
Old 10-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 33
55% currently rate this game Great on the OS Poll. Reviews are very positive. And yet here we have all this negativity. Not to incite anything but am I the only one who thinks a wee bit of trolling is occurring here? All this NBA Live is the way to go is groundless and is basically comical based on the recent history of the game.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #35
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
55% currently rate this game Great on the OS Poll. Reviews are very positive. And yet here we have all this negativity. Not to incite anything but am I the only one who thinks a wee bit of trolling is occurring here? All this NBA Live is the way to go is groundless and is basically comical based on the recent history of the game.

The game is better on the court. I'm totally happy and IMO the best sports game, again on the planet. . Just want to be able to add players to classic teams but can't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0
No Dazraz, not trolling (at least I'm not). This game has been a giant disappointment to a lot of people.

I really hope the reviews (here on OS, IGN, community members, etc.) will appropriately reflect the inadequacy of the servers and game mode issues. I don't know if everyone is having the same issues as I am, but half the game wasn't even functional when I bought it. Giving this game an 8 or 9 in it's current state would be irresponsible and misleading to potential buyers. Keep this in mind - if you give this game a glowing review you are endorsing (highly) a product that doesn't work as advertised. That's telling game developers that we as consumers don't actually expect anything fully functional when we buy it and we are satisfied with something that was not well designed.

Yes, I understand the gameplay is improved. But I'm feeling like I just bought an awesome car with flat tires, no sound system, and no gas. It's probably a great car, but there is a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed before I can enjoy it.

It isn't wrong to expect a fully functional product on day one. It's wrong to sell a faulty product to people who PRE-ORDERED to play on day 1. These games go through tons and tons of QA. There is 0% chance 2k was unaware of all these issues coming at them. Zero. Maybe 2k should have pushed their release to late October...
Old 10-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonMoneyRondo
Graphics look better, but the lighting on the court and inside the arena has changed and looks worse for some reason or more dull than normal . the graphics really show when your playing MyPark .

Create a player has improved with updates to accessories also and more tattoo's from what i saw.
Thank You. Do they have full sleeve tattoos now? Minor I know, but so many guys have full sleeve tats in league I wish they add that option in 2k.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
CAP is improved but not by much IMO. Its especially hard to create a white guy that looks like a white guy. No matter what I do my guy looks like a black guy with really light skin. And the editing jumpshots is broken. Just an FYI, it plays A LOT like 2K14 and 2K13. I actually preordered Live yesterday just so I can see which one I like better (and for a change of pace from 2K).
Sucks to hear they still can't make white guys that's not real players look white, and I'm black and oit annoys me so much, I just don't get it. I'm debating what I should get, I know 2k is the better game but I've always been one that thought 2k has become the basketball Madden for awhile, and never fully understood how people pretended or thought every 2k game felt so much better than the previous year. So I'm torn, do I buy the inferior game in live or do I get the better game in 2k that just feels basically the same every year.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #39
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

So 4 pages in and only one person has mentioned the servers?

The game is fantastic...except hardly anything works because the servers are awful again. Launch/week or not, there is no excuse for almost everything being tied to online and having it be broken.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 10-08-2014, 06:35 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 8
i'm happy i didn't buy this game on day one, from one i'm seeing, and reading, the very things i thought was going to happen except for the created player thing, has happen on day one.Which shocking cause of the things that ppl are talking usually ppl don't notice until like a good month or two in the game when ppl start making videos and playing alot online.

I personally think people are being really critical of this years game even more because at the back of their heads, they know it may very well be another basketball game they could have spent their money on, thinking they should have push the game back if it wasn't fully functional since the game world is doing that alot lately so has a consumer who is buying a game for full price you expecting an pretty functional game and when you dont have that, you feel like some just took you happy meal lmao....

Also i saw some people saying that gameplay is little different, last canned animations, my guess Scott(ex EA guy) put his finger prints on the part not use to, so if yall not likeing how 2k new updates is feeling as far as movement then 9times out 10 your not going to like Live if you never played Live before....just my opinion i'm not an expert lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »