Home

Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #409
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden NFL 15 Title Update #2 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Ha, ha....I don't know what bearing a "former offensive lineman" has on the argument. He is "currently" under the employ of EA, from whence he draws his paycheck.

Jus' sayin'.......
It means everything. He is putting his name on the line by answering people on Twitter. The devs aren't required to respond on social media. They do it because they *gasp* love what they are doing and want to do it better.

Every year I see people vilify these people because they don't give you exactly what you want. And Instead of looking at the positives of what they have done with this game, I sit back and watch the normal crew come in here and not criticize the game, but the people who make it.

Criticize what's wrong with the game. But do not attack the people behind it when you have NO idea what goes into the development of of a game.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 10-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #410
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

All I'm saying is, if it's been broken since Madden 12, and has now been said to be fixed in Madden 15, what's that saying if it actually still does not work?
Old 10-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #411
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
And there it is. The 'staff has a vested interest' comment.

You guys have become extremely predictable in your arguments. I'll just keep my checks from EA, 2K, and SCEA coming. You guys argue biased opinions in why things happen and don't happen in the game.

By the way, it was and former NFL offensive lineman who stated they did the research on sacks. Go ahead and tell me you are more qualified than him, as well, due to his 'vested interest' in a game that already has most of its sales numbers in.

“And there it is”. Haha, I like you, you make me smile. Touch a nerve? For that matter, do you or don’t you? Ultimately I don’t care, I just said I wouldn’t be surprised. Who’s to say what that interest would be if you did?

“We guys” are no more or less predictable than “you guys”. Everyone’s biased but you, huh? You’re the only one who speaks objectively or with facts? Ok, sure.

Former NFL offensive lineman who stated they did research on sacks? Well, that’s very vague and tells me nothing. What kind of research? What exactly was researched? What were his/their findings and how does that square with what we’re seeing in the gameplay? How did it translate into coding of the game and how closely did that programming match statistical reality? If the research was good, did that translate into good programming? If so, where is the demonstrable proof of that? Did the NFL offensive lineman do any of the coding? Do YOU engage in critical thinking and questions, or just take them at face value?

And tell me you’re more qualified than any of the users here who experience constant sack issues post patch even when not trying to do anything fancy on the sticks? Does your qualification outweigh their experiences? Or is it just them?

Last edited by Flamehead; 10-08-2014 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Concise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #412
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
the disappointment may not be contained here but the level is far far smaller than what is found here...otherwise...MORE people would seek out this site/similar sites & voice their opinion
I still see to many inconsistencies and the proposed impact of these sites growing or shrinking depending on the given agenda. It’s interesting that the perceived impact is greater when the marketing train gets going every year with EA supposedly targeting the more ‘serious’ players with the verbiage and marketing material, posting here, etc. then when they release a less than desirable product in August and/or patch months later, it’s “well, you know, it’s the casuals”.

But again, this is all deflection anyway. The patch failed to address some fairly significant issues and the number of people who do/don’t complain about it whether here or elsewhere doesn’t change that fact. To spin it into a “well, it doesn’t really matter because, you know, the ‘casuals’…it’s just white noise. But your comments are appreciated.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:05 PM   #413
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Criticize what's wrong with the game. But do not attack the people behind it when you have NO idea what goes into the development of of a game.
First off, I see people disappointedly discussing the results of this patch. If by extension you see that as attacking the developers, then I would've thought both you and they would have thicker skins than that.

Secondly, do you know what EVERYONE here does for a living? How many people here work in an IT shop, code, or do business analysis? And if so, the nature of the products they code for, be it games or other software? The timelines they work under? To think there's no one here (except you presumably) who knows what goes into software development is pretty presumptive.

The defensiveness is perplexing.

Last edited by Flamehead; 10-08-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:05 PM   #414
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
QB stances/styles are still broke even though EA said they fixed them there's few post where ppl took pics in game and in player edit under styles and neither matched up.

the sack issue isent since they say there's not a problem even though again through picture proof there's ppl having almost 40 or so sacks after 4 or 5 games played that would be 10 sack's a game which isent near what any real nfl team gets per game.

far as stats again some say fixed other don't and since sack stat isent then that's a no for those as well.

So basically I should just trade the game in to Gamestop now, understood lol. Disappointing as the game had a lot of great aspects but things like that just kill immersion for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2014, 05:06 PM   #415
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
“And there it is”. Haha, I like you, you make me smile. Touch a nerve? For that matter, do you or don’t you? Ultimately I don’t care, I just said I wouldn’t be surprised. Who’s to say what that interest would be if you did?

“We guys” are no more or less predictable than “you guys”. Everyone’s biased but you, huh? You’re the only one who speaks objectively or with facts? Ok, sure.

Former NFL offensive lineman who stated they did research on sacks? Well, that’s very vague and tells me nothing. What kind of research? What exactly was researched? What were his/their findings and how does that square with what we’re seeing in the gameplay? How did it translate into coding of the game and how closely did that programming match statistical reality? If the research was good, did that translate into good programming? If so, where is the demonstrable proof of that? Did the NFL offensive lineman do any of the coding? Do YOU engage in critical thinking and questions, or just take them at face value?

And tell me you’re more qualified than any of the users here who experience constant sack issues post patch even when not trying to do anything fancy on the sticks? Does your qualification outweigh their experiences? Or is it just them?
Actually, my qualifications as a site admin give me access to the user base numbers, which is what I was commenting on. I have tried explaining that there are millions of people with the game outside of OS. Hell, if anything I'm taking a shot at the site I help run to explain that we aren't the end all be all of sports gaming.

You need to focus on that point. If there are users here not seeing the sack issue, it's entirely possible that there are more users not seeing the problem than the group here that have a tendency to be more meticulous in regarding to specific gameplay aspects. And when you start tweaking something for a minority, you risk screwing it up for the majority.

Just an example: Let's say the CPU starts throwing the ball before the sack. There is no 'throw the ball at the feet of the receiver' mechanism in Madden. He can't throw the ball away unless he scrambles (the majority of the held balls that I have experienced have been between the tackles) because it would be Intentional Grounding. So you now have CPU QB throwing the ball under pressure to receivers who may be covered. Now you have more interceptions, something that has been an issue with the game in the past. It's give and take, and I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is to find that line with the different talent levels of the current userbase.

Also, let me remind you that attacking/insulting users of this site, including staff, is an offense that you can be banned for. So please try to continue this conversation in a manner that focuses more on the game and not on your opinions of my bias (which I have proven multiple times over on this site is not with any developer).

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 05:09 PM   #416
Pro

OVR: 4

I played 5 games yesterday and I didn't see any difference in gameplay unfortunately. Where is the adaptive ai? Seems like if I'm running to one side often, it wouldn't be that difficult to make the ai shift more defenders on that side. And if sacks are the #1 issue for most, I would guess the awful robo qb is a strong #2 problem with the game which wasn't fixed either.

Different qb stances in the shotgun formation mean nothing if every qb regularly goes 17/21 250 yds every game. The only difference between qbs is if they scramble or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »