Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2014, 02:23 AM   #1145
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
NFL WRs drop 10% or more of the passes thrown their way. I have no problems with the drops in the game and actually drop the WR slider to have a few more. I have no problems in this area. If you want WRs to catch every single pass then simply raise the WR Catch slider to 100 to avoid your personal frustrations.
Not sure what to say then. Good for you? It's obvious that the ridiculous drops are put in to offset the nigh-perfect QB accuracy. Victor Cruz, Josh Gordon, Brandon Marshall etc. they all drop passes at a rate and in ways that they simply do not in reality. I have the slider set to 90 and it plays like it does at 50.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 04:38 AM   #1146
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Not sure what to say then. Good for you? It's obvious that the ridiculous drops are put in to offset the nigh-perfect QB accuracy. Victor Cruz, Josh Gordon, Brandon Marshall etc. they all drop passes at a rate and in ways that they simply do not in reality. I have the slider set to 90 and it plays like it does at 50.
I will say the WR catch slider on PS3 barely did anything. I actually had it at 0 and didn't see much difference. The sliders on PS4 are also very weak. I wish the EA football team spent a lot more time and effort with regards to sliders. They are weak to the point of broken, they have no game changers that look at them and they couldn't work much worse than they do now. It's been really bad the last few years and I simply think the dev team hates them. No other explanation for how bad this area is. Why don't we have separate CPU and user special teams sliders in franchise? Heck, you can't even adjust the sliders in a franchise game. Its terrible.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #1147
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenGamer7778
+1

Everytime madden *tries* to implement something new becareful, theres always a downside coming with it, ive never once seen madden add something "new" to the game without there being a even bigger consequence for it.
Totally agree. Just a theory of mine, but for a while I have surmised that when EA is developing a feature or gameplay mechanic, they start with the end of the play. A fancy juke, sideline catch, bone jarring hit etc....the type of stuff that sells games. And then they try to work there way backwards to the beginning of the play. Instead of working on some of the more basic (boring) foundational elements like line play, and then letting things play out.

Hopefully that made sense.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:31 PM   #1148
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
I have to agree. Some of the drops in this game are just plain laughable. Some are actually fumbles but the game rules them drops, and without review.

I'm sure it's a measure to help with the completion percentage issue, but it's a bad way to go about it in my opinion. They've got to figure something else out.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #1149
Rookie

MaddenGamer7778's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

that's all rex said they did, look how to get the numbers of players stats to match real nfl stats numbers. how they do that? exactly what you guys are saying, game flaws.
getting those numbers is primary, how they get them is secondary. so backwards

Last edited by MaddenGamer7778; 10-07-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:59 AM   #1150
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenGamer7778
that's all rex said they did, look how to get the numbers of players stats to match real nfl stats numbers. how they do that? exactly what you guys are saying, game flaws.
getting those numbers is primary, how they get them is secondary. so backwards
This is exactly why Madden is a very frustrating game to play. It is not about winning or losing, or having success or failure. The football plays, penalties, dropped passes, bad snaps, etc. etc. would be welcomed. Real football. However, it's the PROCESS in which these things occur that makes it frustrating. You throw picks because the safety warps through the receiver and catches the ball. The ball goes through your linebackers chest and into the hand of the receiver which is bending behind his back. Linebackers warp 5 yards to make tackles. Sacks occur because lineman just stand upright and block no one.

The implementation of everything in the game is a hot, sloppy mess. In many ways, Madden 15 was a regression from Madden 25. The line play is atrocious. On many plays, you will see your lineman not even make contact with a defensive player. These are all just gameplay issues, we won't even get into the poor and boring CFM mode or the countless bugs that still plague the game.

Not sure what goes on at Tiburon, but clearly it's a lost cause. There are other, much more polished and better quality titles down the pipe. Football gaming has disappeared into a dark corner for 9 years and never re-emerged. Maybe it will again some day.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:18 AM   #1151
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76

The implementation of everything in the game is a hot, sloppy mess. In many ways, Madden 15 was a regression from Madden 25. The line play is atrocious. On many plays, you will see your lineman not even make contact with a defensive player. These are all just gameplay issues, we won't even get into the poor and boring CFM mode or the countless bugs that still plague the game.
This exactly what i've been saying! I'm having a blast with M25! I Waited an hr for the 3.1 GB patch (M15) to download last night to give this one last try... only to play a QTR of football and think to myself "Meh, this game just sucks," and I proceeded to uninstall the whole damn thing. There are so many issues...

I was initially going to trade M15 towards FIFA but now I'm not sure I want to give any more of my money to EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #1152
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
This exactly what i've been saying! I'm having a blast with M25! I Waited an hr for the 3.1 GB patch (M15) to download last night to give this one last try... only to play a QTR of football and think to myself "Meh, this game just sucks," and I proceeded to uninstall the whole damn thing. There are so many issues...

I was initially going to trade M15 towards FIFA but now I'm not sure I want to give any more of my money to EA.
I'll say quickly, FIFA is a whole different world than Madden. People can say what they want about the gameplay itself but the actual game is so much more quality. From the menu, to the options, the presentation, all the little things FIFA at least does really well. So yea it's EA logo but give the game a shot. I play it more than I play Madden now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »