Home

NHL 15: Early Impressions from 360/PS3 Version

This is a discussion on NHL 15: Early Impressions from 360/PS3 Version within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2014, 04:30 PM   #73
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NHL 15: Early Impressions from 360/PS3 Version

Thanks to moving across town a couple of weeks ago, I took a handful of games I no longer play into GameStop (along with a giftcard) and wound up walking out of the store with NHL 15 for the 360.

There's a lot of nice tweaks/improvements to this game from NHL 14, most notably the bouncy-ball effect on dump-ins has thankfully been removed. The skaters move a little slower than before to give them a semblance of having more weight to them. The new commentary team, while not the greatest (Doc just isn't as animated as he is in real life) is a nice breath of fresh air after hearing Thorne and Clement for nearly a decade.

My first game (All-Star, Hardcore Simulation base with adjusted sliders) saw the CPU take 6 penalties, including a boarding, hooking and slashing call, while I took 5. I saw a couple of different/new goalie save animations, too.

Glad the Pepsi Center has been licensed again That drove me nuts it was generic in 14.

While this is a good game, it's still EA NHL at its core. Meaning, you'll see a lot of the same legacy issues that we've harped on for years. I think it's worth a purchase, but only if you're not paying full-price for it.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 10-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #74
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I have both current gen and last gen versions of the game and I'm so happy with last gen over current gen, so glad I bought it.

Current gen is good for vs games against friends or online, but last gen has a complete BeaGM mode as well as the game play vs the CPU is so much better.

Current gen is beautiful, but is missing so much of the little stuff, current stat pop ups, crowd chants, AHL games, the list goes on...

Game play is 14.5, but at least most of what nagged me in v14 has been fixed. Plus, with current gen, the CPU feasts on the only way it can score, an accurate one timer from the slot while your AI teammates are nowhere to be found.

I'm finally back to fun game play again after trying to get current gen to play properly.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:03 AM   #75
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

Granted ive only threw down on 2 play now games. But OH MAN! First game was a win 1-0 in a shootout.

2nd game was a 4-3 win in OT. Back and forth. Carolina had me down 2 after the first. I got 1 in the 2nd. They got 1 more early in the 3rd. Got the game tying goal with a minute left. Went to OT and Carolina went berserk on the offensive end. I got behind them and busted off a slapshot got by the goalie high stick side.

Huberdeau was killing me on faceoffs. I was just under 50%. Won 16 of 33 faceoffs

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #76
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Any news on jersey updates? Specifically the Blues new uni's?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »