Home

NBA 2K15 Livestream - MyCAREER & MyPARK, New MyPARK Blog

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Livestream - MyCAREER & MyPARK, New MyPARK Blog within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Livestream - MyCAREER & MyPARK, New MyPARK Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
Yes you can Scan or Re-Scan your face at any point and the changes will be reflected on your player even mid-season.

This was confirmed.
Would you happen to have a source for that? I've bribed a friend for his PS4 camera, but it'll only be with me on the 10th... Being able to start off with one of the default faces on launch day and then switching to a scanned face when I get the PS4 camera would be great!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #82
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by biatch0
Would you happen to have a source for that? I've bribed a friend for his PS4 camera, but it'll only be with me on the 10th... Being able to start off with one of the default faces on launch day and then switching to a scanned face when I get the PS4 camera would be great!!!
I know Ronnie said it for sure. I know he tweeted it a few days ago because someone asked him a question on it, and he confirmed it in a live-stream I believe.

Also, right before the live-stream today they re-scanned Ronnie's face and it was updated on his player so that should definitely confirm it for you.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 10-03-2014, 11:27 PM   #83
Pro

Scvllp's Arena

We can now edit our jersey number!
Old 10-04-2014, 12:29 AM   #84
Rookie

I love what they're doing with mycareer this year,

yet I still have one basic concern.

Does anyone know if the coach will put you at some weird position this year like he has in all the other games?

ie...If I make a 6'3 pass first pg, am I gonna have to play center for stretches of the game cause the computer HAS to get minutes for other players?
Old 10-04-2014, 01:03 AM   #85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
I know Ronnie said it for sure. I know he tweeted it a few days ago because someone asked him a question on it, and he confirmed it in a live-stream I believe.

Also, right before the live-stream today they re-scanned Ronnie's face and it was updated on his player so that should definitely confirm it for you.
On todays livestream, I got the impression that they started a new MyCareer from scratch and scanned his face for the "first time" for this particular livestream/MyCareer.

Just to be clear, I hope that you are right and that I happen to have an enormous ball of wax stuck in my ear causing me to hear wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oouie433
I love what they're doing with mycareer this year,

yet I still have one basic concern.

Does anyone know if the coach will put you at some weird position this year like he has in all the other games?

ie...If I make a 6'3 pass first pg, am I gonna have to play center for stretches of the game cause the computer HAS to get minutes for other players?
I think that was a bug more than anything else and didn't affect everybody (no excuse for that bug or any other one of the many bugs in 2k14 though). I did 3 years on my PG, 2 years on my SF, and am midway through year 1 of my PF... I never had to play "too" far out of position (like PG to C) at all.

Last edited by biatch0; 10-04-2014 at 01:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 01:28 AM   #86
Rookie

DeathstrokeXV's Arena

Did they confirm whether we'll sit during blowouts
Old 10-04-2014, 01:36 AM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by biatch0
I think that was a bug more than anything else and didn't affect everybody (no excuse for that bug or any other one of the many bugs in 2k14 though). I did 3 years on my PG, 2 years on my SF, and am midway through year 1 of my PF... I never had to play "too" far out of position (like PG to C) at all.
I figured out what triggered it a long time ago....

Depending on how many players was at your position, and what play type you chose (athletic, defensive, pass first etc) would determine whether the coach would play you out of position

for example...if you were an athletic pg on the pistons (who already had 3-4 pgs on the team), chances are the cpu would play you out of position multiple times during the season as it had to make sure to play Jennings, Billups, Bynum, Siva AND your player.

but if you were a pass first pg (the play type I always choose cause I knew the cpu would ONLY play me at pg) and played for the bucs (who had pgs who played multiple positions), then chances are you would only play the pg spot during the season.

The problem with only being able to choose pass first pg to be sure to ONLY play pg in games was that it would take forever to get his speed and athleticism up to decent as opposed to starting as an athletic pg...so it was a hindrance.

So I hope they took it out where pgs will only play the 1 or the 2...maybe possibly the 3 depending on matchups as I know this was a legacy issue that has been there for years...they have to have known about it...

If not? guess I'll be playing pass first again this year as all I want to do is play the 1....sparingly the 2....
Old 10-04-2014, 01:47 AM   #88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scvllp
We can now edit our jersey number!

It's sad this is something to be excited about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »