Home

NBA 2K15 Livestream - MyCAREER & MyPARK, New MyPARK Blog

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Livestream - MyCAREER & MyPARK, New MyPARK Blog within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-03-2014, 05:12 PM   #57
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K15 Livestream - MyCAREER & MyPARK, New MyPARK Blog

My biggest take-away from this is that It is time to detach MyCareer MyPlayers from MyPark MyPlayers.

I'm not going to judge the linearity of the MyCareer yet; it does look like the dev team is trying to listen with regards of getting rid of the in-game railroading - That is good!

We'll see if the career railroading is as bad as it looks on the surface... Overall, I am looking forward to MyCareer.

There are still a few questions and concerns I have - things like injuries... are they enabled at the start of the experience (before going in) so that players are injured as they should be or are players out for the season magically made whole as in years past?

I think it is time to experience everything and draw conclusions to the released material now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
MyCAREER for badges.

Tons of MyPARK rewards as you earn Rep.

All of it ties back into your MyPLAYER, and earning and making yourself better.
Thanks for further clarifying things LD.

Last edited by Taer; 10-03-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #58
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
My biggest take-away from this is that It is time to detach MyCareer MyPlayers from MyPark MyPlayers.

I'm not going to judge the linearity of the MyCareer yet; it does look like the dev team is trying to listen with regards of getting rid of the in-game railroading - That is good!

We'll see if the career railroading is as bad as it looks on the surface... Overall, I am looking forward to MyCareer.

There are still a few questions and concerns I have - things like injuries... are they enabled at the start of the experience (before going in) so that players are injured as they should be or are players out for the season magically made whole as in years past?

I think it is time to experience everything and draw conclusions to the released material now.

Thanks for further clarifying things LD.
I like that you can take your MyCareer accomplishments to MyPark. It adds an endgame after you've won championships and gone on the HoF path. It has to be a one way street though, as far as ability. Applying certain cosmetic rewards to MyCareer from MyPark is ok, but all performance related abilities should be attainable in MyCareer.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #59
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

This is random but Lance Stephenson did mocap and his sig shot was on the list of animations(Charlotte is gonna be a beast to use)
Old 10-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #60
MVP

Taer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I like that you can take your MyCareer accomplishments to MyPark. It adds an endgame after you've won championships and gone on the HoF path. It has to be a one way street though, as far as ability. Applying certain cosmetic rewards to MyCareer from MyPark is ok, but all performance related abilities should be attainable in MyCareer.
Having an unified achievements list or summary for both is o.k. Having a shared presentation is also ok but less desirable to me. After all we have real NBA players who perform in things like the Seattle Pro-Am and that is the closest real-life thing I see to MyPark.

What I'm getting at though is from more of a developmental perspective. Both of these modes are very rich in possibilities and their original visions are quite good. It just seems to me that in presentation, the development of one seems to be impeding on the other and it is this I don't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
This is random but Lance Stephenson did mocap and his sig shot was on the list of animations(Charlotte is gonna be a beast to use)
Yes. If, for some reason, my Laker dreams are dashed on the deep depth of the Laker Point-Guard bench, I am seriously thinking the Hornets might be a very nice underdog to join this year. Of course, the Spurs are looking nice as well - Parker can't be playing into his 40's.... right?
Old 10-03-2014, 06:10 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
MyCAREER for badges.

Tons of MyPARK rewards as you earn Rep.

All of it ties back into your MyPLAYER, and earning and making yourself better.
But the MyPARK rewards are just for MyPARK, right? I don't need them as a MyCAREER only player to improve?

From the video it seems like some basic stuff like put back dunks and alley oops are from rep in MyPARK, will I be unable to do those in a MyCAREER match if I never touch MyPARK?

MyPARK seems really cool for those that like it, but I'm a single player first, and being locked out from maximizing my player because I don't play online would be really disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAssist
But the MyPARK rewards are just for MyPARK, right? I don't need them as a MyCAREER only player to improve?

From the video it seems like some basic stuff like put back dunks and alley oops are from rep in MyPARK, will I be unable to do those in a MyCAREER match if I never touch MyPARK?

MyPARK seems really cool for those that like it, but I'm a single player first, and being locked out from maximizing my player because I don't play online would be really disappointing.
Basically you start fresh in mypark. You can do that stuff in single player just fine. However when you go into mypark, you actually have to start basic and work your way up through rep
Old 10-03-2014, 06:44 PM   #63
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

The archive & stream is broken for me.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 10-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #64
Rookie

Ronnie facescan in the stream looked better than previous one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »