Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Videos - Warriors vs. Wizards, Pelicans vs. Clippers, MINN vs. NY

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Videos - Warriors vs. Wizards, Pelicans vs. Clippers, MINN vs. NY within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-03-2014, 01:24 AM   #201
Rookie

Finepanther's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
I second this as well. A tragedy that seems to happen yearly is that gameplay elements which are correct out the box get ruined with patches. People act like layups and inside shots are automatic in real life. Contact, a bad angle, poor touch, too much momentum, etc. can all cause a layup to miss, and many layups and close shots are missed in the NBA.

It seems like 2K finally got this right and the misses at the rim in these vids do not look arbitrary or cheap. This, along with a paint that is harder to penetrate, defensive rotations that look sensible and organic contact animations might finally provide us a well balanced game with NBA-like percentages without tons of slider adjustments. These are the elements that nudge the game closer to actual basketball.
Not sure what you mean by "poor touch" I didn't know you could have touch or control release timing on lay ups. They still look to be pre-determined but that's a sick idea if they could do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 01:29 AM   #202
Banned

Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Videos - Warriors vs. Wizards, Pelicans vs. Clippers, MINN vs.

The rim sound effect sound significantly better
Old 10-03-2014, 01:34 AM   #203
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Videos - Warriors vs. Wizards, Pelicans vs. Clippers, MINN vs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finepanther
Not sure what you mean by "poor touch" I didn't know you could have touch or control release timing on lay ups. They still look to be pre-determined but that's a sick idea if they could do it.
Pretty sure he's stating why players miss layups and inside shots in real life not the game, friend. His point is still valid and I'm hoping that 2K sticks with the inside game the way it is. Don't patch this aspect of the game, guys! Let people adjust this year and don't give in to their whining/complaining like in past titles.

Side - note: Damn it, I hate that certain players (Glen Davis, Matt Barnes, DeAndre Jordan and Jamal Crawford)(I presume) have again chosen not to be face scanned for NBA 2K. Especially when DeAndre (apparently) declines but turns around and has the other company scan him for their title. Hopefully if 2K can't get these guys, and whoever else is missing, for 2K16 then the art team can just re do the faces. Won't look even 75% lifelike next to the scanned faces, but it'll be a step up from these faces that are obviously ported over from last gen NBA 2K.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 10-03-2014 at 01:51 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:13 AM   #204
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
people dont realize how many nba players actually turn dunks into layups to avoid missing, can really jump but take the safer route, and just flat out arent good at finishing around the rim...
Good point. There is a balance between going up strong and and going up stupid.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:18 AM   #205
Pro

RayZLAL's Arena

OVR: 1

I guess I have to wait until 2k16 for fatigue to show on D-pad subs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 02:19 AM   #206
Rookie

I just hope to god the player movements aren't as clunky as 2k14 (next gen version, last gen was fine). Online was almost impossible to play because of it, particularly on defense.. players would slide all over the place. Being on offense wasn't much better, the ball handling was horrible and felt super slow.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:19 AM   #207
Rookie

The only thing that I don't really like so far is that in some replays the camera angle doesn't look too realistic. It's like the camera man is on the court or running on the sideline.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:21 AM   #208
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finepanther

Huh? Have you ever seen Kwame brown play basketball. Do you watch ball. Yes there are pro basketball players in the nba with poor touch around the basket. And layups in a crowded paint are missed all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »