Home

Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
None of these suggestions mean ish, until the people at EA get a team of actual hardcore players to make game reccomendations. The stats in this game are pathetic. Season game logs dont even show the week the stats represent, just random game stats. Also the stat overlays that they do show in-game, such as upcoming schedule and standing, appear for 2 seconds, rendering them useless because I cant read it fully.

The rest of the bugs and issues would have no choice to be fixed if the programmers actually played the game for more than one exhibition game and one Franchise game. Either that or they are just ignoring the issues that have plagued this game for about 3-4 years straight now.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #58
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORY311
I think the dev team could please many of us on the thread if they address the sliders issue. Rebuild them or whatever it takes but please make them work. As important provide us a very detailed description of what each slider will do when you change it. There are many different things we all want added but IF EA can nail down the sliders I truly think many of us on here would very excited.

What's scary now is that sliders are the 800lb gorilla in the room. No one from the madden dev team can explain anything related to sliders that would be helpful to us. I would respect EA lot more if you just manned up and said "we have no clue what they truly do, but we are committed to fixing them for our loyal and patient fan base". I would really be floored if Rex and some of the other devs would come on here and share with us what sliders they are using. Seems like a fair request from us loyal customers. I will be waiting.....
Rex mentioned last November (2013) DPI was a year or two away from being worked on.

Also, looks like Clint had a discussion a few days ago via Twitter and this was his conclusion:

So far everybody wants penalties, but wants some way to control them. So, a balance between true sim and fun seems to be consensus.

Last edited by roadman; 10-02-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #59
Rookie

I think EA needs to allow for the custom playbooks to be used in connected careers offline. I'm not sure if they do it for online because I haven't tried it. It's extremely frustrating spending all that time to create the perfect playbook but you can't use it on most of the modes on the game. I hate to choose to be a coach and you don't look like him but when it's time to choose a playbok you have to choose from generic or team specific playbooks... this has to be an easy fix right? complete oversight in my opinion.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #60
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

If the robotic, clunky, choppy player movement is not addressed and addressed correctly, then none of the other stuff matters...at all. If we are talking gameplay, the way these players move need to be #1, then all else will fall into place. I find it ridiculous the defensive animations were sped up to counter getting beat. It looks awful. Why no not motion capture players actually playing on a field, instead of in a room with cushioned mats. The players are still gliding/hovering on the grass, and it is a major eyesoar.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #61
Rookie

Do away with Game Prep its a waste of time...seemed cool at first but now I just delegate...If you want to do XP correctly then have players gain XP based on in game performance. This confidence meter is a joke...it has no tangible relation to what we are doing in game.

Whoever said this game is made for head to head play is right on. Because you cant have a realistic game versus the cpu on a consistent basis at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 04:27 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddslim
I think EA needs to allow for the custom playbooks to be used in connected careers offline. I'm not sure if they do it for online because I haven't tried it. It's extremely frustrating spending all that time to create the perfect playbook but you can't use it on most of the modes on the game. I hate to choose to be a coach and you don't look like him but when it's time to choose a playbok you have to choose from generic or team specific playbooks... this has to be an easy fix right? complete oversight in my opinion.
Not sure what you mean I use my custom playbook on offline Franchise...thats all I use
Old 10-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #63
Banned

how do you call this football? you seriously in good conscious can charge $60 for this?

Old 10-03-2014, 07:30 PM   #64
Banned

Appearently the guy that wrote this doesn't realize that audio takes up more room than he thinks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »