Home

NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Arranged By Team

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Arranged By Team within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-01-2014, 08:29 AM   #89
Rookie

TCFClemson's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Arranged By Team

No KJ McDaniels

There are not many Clemson Tigers in the league and I am sad that he isnt on here.
I occasionally stream on twitch at twitch.tv/tcfclemson
Old 10-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #90
OG

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCFClemson
No KJ McDaniels

There are not many Clemson Tigers in the league and I am sad that he isnt on here.
He will be in an update, he wasnt under contract at roster time. I'm looking forward to using him and trying to turn him into an elite player. Go TIGERS!

Edit: Adrian Wojnarowski just reported KJ just signed a 1 year non-guaranteed deal to become a RFA next year...interesting.

Last edited by nc0ffey; 10-01-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #91
OG

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Two things I like about the ratings -

1. They're tied with deeper tendencies which directly effects gameplay.
2. They make mid-tier teams and players important

I think long gone are the days of people rushing to power teams in quick matches etc. Sure it will still happen, but learning players that you know is important because role players are very important this year.
LD maybe you or another 2k guy can answer this for those of us who follow those few who are not in the rosters out of the box...

Did some of them get scanned even without being under contract, or will they all be generic looking?

Great job by you and all the guys, I can not wait until Tuesday!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 1
joe johnson in the 80s? i dont know. he may have been in the 80s when on phoenix. but the current version has alot of other players that can do the same thing if not better.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:53 PM   #93
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
He's not a great shooter but he's pretty good, just takes a high volume of shots because no one else could.

Good finisher because of his size and athleticism.

Good vision, consider his amount of assists on the team we had last year.

One of the best rebounding guards in the league, and has ridiculous passing lane anticipation. Not to mention he can lock down guys as well.

Just saying i expect him to be in the mid 80's once the season gets going.
A good shooter compared to you and I? Sure. I love MCW but a good shooter he is not:

Old 10-01-2014, 08:45 PM   #94
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstsportsgamer1977
joe johnson in the 80s? i dont know. he may have been in the 80s when on phoenix. but the current version has alot of other players that can do the same thing if not better.
I agree he probably should be right at 80 (2 pt difference)....however, it is important in regards to overall to only compare players to their peers at the same position! If you notice, it seems attributes for PG's as a whole impact overall rating more, compared to attributes of centers. I don't think it is 1:1 comparable, void of position. Just something to keep in mind!

I'm quite pleased with the ratings out of the box. They are better than I recall them being in recent memory, if not ever! We can argue rookie ratings, but their performance will justify adjustment to those as the season goes on. I think most of the stock players are rated fairly accurately, with the major points of contention (in my mind) only meriting a change of 2-5pts OVR. A quality job by Beds, in my opinion.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #95
MVP

OVR: 14

Part of the mystery has been uncovered for me as to how Kyrie is as high as an 86, and D Wade is as low as an 86; speed and quickness ratings. I find these pretty peculiar....

Speed / Quickness

Kyrie Irving - 95 / 98

Really? So Kyrie is in the domain of guys like Ty Lawson and Tony Parker in terms of speed? Kemba Walker = 94 speed and 95 quickness. Kyrie is faster and quicker than Kemba?

Dwyane Wade - 83 / 80

WOW. 80 quickness for a guy who once had the quickest first step in the NBA? Granted, he's not as fast/quick as he once was but he's still mighty quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP_dp80JgrM

Note first step speed @:

0:51
2:19
4:26
5:13
7:43
9:49

The worst part is, James Harden is 86 speed / 90 quickness and Kobe is 83 speed / 85 quickness??? This just screams arbitrary reduction to make sure Wade is not higher than an 86 overall.

Most of the ratings seem scaled very nicely, but from what I've heard, these speed / quick ratings sound severely fudged up.

D Wade does have a 96 potential rating. I am curious how this impacts game to game situations; or does this just impact MyLeague? I imagine that this may allow for certain increases during play...to what extent I wonder. Still, the baseline ratings are way off for Wade regarding speed/quick.

Last edited by eko718; 10-05-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #96
Banned

OVR: 0

No ratings for Sixers' 32nd pick KJ McDaniels but 39th pick Grant is in? And no Pierre Jackson?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »