Home

NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #385
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Get rid of any animations where they help someone off the ground for the other team. That happens very rarely, if ever IRL.

Also noticed that once a player's warmups come off, they don't come back. That should be fixed, or at least have them put on a shooting shirt. It's a small detail, but that's where we're at with 2K now lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #386
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers

it's still weird to have a gaming company hype a pregame show with no halftime. lol
Old 10-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #387
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Well they skip it because it sucks...how about enhancing the half time show rather than remove it completely...

I never skipped NFL2k5's halftime show because it was fun to watch...jeez you guys had Ernie & Shaq they could've done something for halftime at least....

I don't know how I feel about having the D-pad for calling plays....I guess it could work...walking the ball up and using the right thumb to cycle through the plays wouldn't be to bad...

This halftime show brings back so many fond memories, and that was on Xbox 1, NOT Xbox One. I don't see how something similar couldn't be implemented into 2K15, 10 years later. Chris Berman was the man in this halftime show btw.

It would be nice to see a halftime show, but it's not a deal breaker. The thing that bothered me was the reasoning was that most people skip it, so we figured we'd just take it out. Don't get that attitude. I guess they felt the same way about practice modes, hence no practice mode.

Some people said the spacing was better, but it still was a little off, along with the floaty passing. One thing that I did like was the contact in the paint and the animations after contact, also the fluidity of the players seemed to move better but we don't know how much we have control of our players until the controllers is in our hands.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #388
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
it's still weird to have a gaming company hype a pregame show with no halftime. lol
Tbh they hardly hyped it. It was alluded to a few times and revealed in the Yakeem trailer, but it wasn't hyped like everything else they've talked about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Also noticed that once a player's warmups come off, they don't come back. That should be fixed, or at least have them put on a shooting shirt. It's a small detail, but that's where we're at with 2K now lol.
That's been a problem since they first put them in years ago so I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Seems like it may be more complicated than we think(though Live does it where they put the shooting shirt back on or the entire warmup)
Old 10-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #389
Banned

WISports's Arena

I can live without a halftime show. Or even the announcing of the starting lineups.

What I find mindboggling is somehow not being able to edit headband/goggles, when they had them LAST gen...and maybe even before that.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #390
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
I can live without a halftime show. Or even the announcing of the starting lineups.

What I find mindboggling is somehow not being able to edit headband/goggles, when they had them LAST gen...and maybe even before that.
It's most likely a bug they have to fix
Old 10-01-2014, 08:49 PM   #391
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
It's most likely a bug they have to fix
Last year and now this year...and still hasn't been fixed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 10:39 PM   #392
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
That's a bad example because that is a linear game. Linear games always look better than sports games or open world games because they only have to load what path you are supposed to take vs thousands of 3d models(sports game) or large areas of land with object on it.

As far as them lookig "real" they look like they were scanned. Everyone looks basically the same in 2k if they were scanned. Obviously the players look better most likely because they have a higher poly count, but Shaq Ernie and now Doris don't look bad by any means.

I actually disagree those games look more realistic. But the day those games have to do as much as a sports game in a shorter amount of time will be the day the comparisons are apples to apples.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »