Home

NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #377
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers

With the power of PS4, I wonder why they can't make the models of Shaq and Ernie look authentic...I mean u have games like The Last Of Us for example with realistic looking character models consistently throughout the game...and yet here u have only 2 models to work with in a studio and u can't manage to get it looking authentic? Hmmm....
Old 10-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #378
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
With the power of PS4, I wonder why they can't make the models of Shaq and Ernie look authentic...I mean u have games like The Last Of Us for example with realistic looking character models consistently throughout the game...and yet here u have only 2 models to work with in a studio and u can't manage to get it looking authentic? Hmmm....
That's a bad example because that is a linear game. Linear games always look better than sports games or open world games because they only have to load what path you are supposed to take vs thousands of 3d models(sports game) or large areas of land with object on it.
As far as them lookig "real" they look like they were scanned. Everyone looks basically the same in 2k if they were scanned. Obviously the players look better most likely because they have a higher poly count, but Shaq Ernie and now Doris don't look bad by any means.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #379
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Something to think about - we know how many people button through half time shows. Spoiler: it's a lot a lot.
So that must mean a overhaul is due.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:36 PM   #380
Rookie

CBfromCU32's Arena

I knew it was to good to be true.. As much as they added something had to be taken away.. Next year there gonna add back the halftime show and make it seem like its some innovative new feature lol
Old 10-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #381
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
I could deal with out the camera showing a bunch of the after made shot animations, it would be more realistic to show them much more sporadically. I also think it would make A LOT more sense if replays were shown at deadballs or timeouts. Then you could show 2-3 at a time and it wouldn't interfere with the actual game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #382
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Another thing, on fouls, I wish the players wouldn't just stop right in there tracks, it'd be more fluid for the guy that got fouled, to get his high fives and stuff as he is walking to the line and the other guys (like the defenders) should be moving around, walking and looking up at the screen instead of just standing like zombies. It's small, but it'd make it look much more fluid and realistic. Like the guy that fouled him, if he clapped in frustration or said something to the ref and then looked up at the replay, that would look better IMO.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:09 PM   #383
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
They would be before the game, just like when we see the pregame preparations of the players in the past.
They have also said that player introductions don't happen every game.

Wow. I'm an idiot.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:14 PM   #384
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBfromCU32
I knew it was to good to be true.. As much as they added something had to be taken away.. Next year there gonna add back the halftime show and make it seem like its some innovative new feature lol
That or revamp it(lord knows it needed that. also lets try to remember the Damon Bruce stuff)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »