Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Welcome To MyPARK, Full Details Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Welcome To MyPARK, Full Details Included within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #97

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Welcome To MyPARK

Quote:
Originally Posted by apbuitron
No they had mentioned the stage before.
It was mentioned but we knew zero about it. However I would not be shocked if the stage wasnt the secret mode.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 2
Chris Smoove just uploaded this.

http://youtu.be/Xmn1xVS7e6A
Old 10-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Welcome To MyPARK, Full Details Included

Spoiler

20 mins is a long time. I understand you are different, but I am sure most people would like to just hop in a game when they are ready to play. Some people really just don't have time to sit and watch someone play a 20min game. Then get on and say you lose, you have to wait 20mins again.

The watching live games is cool as hell to me. But, they could've just had it where you can watch your Crew play or something if they just left it the old way when you can just search for games when you're ready. But it does have some positives of people watching you go on streaks and beating everyone.

And holding down a court. But I just wish you had the option of the REC type of league or the old type of Crew playing in an actual arena beating someone and on to the next game. I like your perspective though. Some of those are positives.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #100
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

I am glad they added the JRC....

But, Squads is not a solution for Crew players.

Clearly says "pick a squad for your current session" which means no continuity. I.e. No win loss records for your squad, no stat tracking for your squad, etc.

Maybe I missed something, I sure hope I did.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:26 PM   #101
Rookie

Looks crazy. Shiiit it might be over for real life basketball when this drops. Fr Fr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #102
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyMac
I am glad they added the JRC....

But, Squads is not a solution for Crew players.

Clearly says "pick a squad for your current session" which means no continuity. I.e. No win loss records for your squad, no stat tracking for your squad, etc.

Maybe I missed something, I sure hope I did.
Yeah, but it is probably a step toward continuous squads next year or something like that, with significant tracking.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:31 PM   #103
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
I'm not even mad at the fact that you have to wait to play a game. The absolute max wait would be 20 mins, but realistically it will probably be at most half of that.

Maybe its just me being old school, but I don't need things to happen instantly if they are done right. Sometimes anticipation is what makes things more enjoyable. Plus the fact that you will be able to scout your next opponent in real time just seems cool to me.

And people will also be much less likely to quit out of games if you've waited for a while to get on the court. Holding down a court will actually mean something, just like it does in real life.
Don't kid yourself. Absolute max time 20 min? How do you figure? As of right now, a normal online game takes 30-40 min to complete. You have to take in account fouls, free throws, time outs, etc. Then what if the game goes into overtime?
Old 10-01-2014, 02:40 PM   #104
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I know that waiting for a game can be a pain sometimes, but I honestly think 2K does it, not only to try to give The Park a "realistic" look and feel, but also to keep people from quitting out of games. You see this problem in 1v1 and Team Up. People get down 8 points in the second quarter, or decide they aren't getting enough shots, and they quit out knowing they can immediately get into a new game.

Without the guarantee of being able to immediately jump back in, and possibly having to wait 20-30 mins to get into another game, it encourages people to play through and finish games.

Whether this is worth the tradeoff of having to wait is for people to decide for themselves, but I think there's a method to 2K's madness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »