Home

NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #361
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
No biggie to me. I just mentioned why it's so skipped.

Same music duh duhduhduh duh duh duuuuuuuhhh duh duh duh duh duh duh duuuuuuuhhh duhnnnnn duh que in Bruce talking.... same halftime show for the last 5 years... now let's back to the action same music playing in the background lol.

I hate that music. See how boring that post was?

Anyway I'll watch highlights on my own. I just hope we have a better replay camera. That's in need of a change as well
What's sad is I could actually hear the music in my head because of this post lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #362
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I think you missed the point of the Damon Bruce controversy, Sun. I agree that it would have been better to replace it with the Ernie and Shaq scenes, but I think having it on the "less skippable" loading segment is better for them.

I did hear about that, and I guess maybe this is 2K's solution. They had plenty of time to find an alternate to record similar lines of audio though. Tim Roye would have been excellent. I'd even take Bob Fitzgerald, who's worked with 2K before in the NFL games whose presentation is so lauded.

What's Ernie and Shaq doing anyway in the game? I'm pretty sure it's as skippable as anything else, especially if they're not actually doing their real job.

A post game show with them would have made things up a little bit.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:06 PM   #363
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
But that wouldn't justify their removal. In fact I think I watch halftimes almost as regularly as prefaces.
If they didn't schedule any time to refresh the content the way to feel is justifiable, sure it does. If you ship it EXACTLY as it was last year, they take heat for not touching it AND the pressure of including a personality that under a lot of political scrutiny. It's not like being able to remove Ray Rice from a roster. This is a TON of content. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced this is a major reason it's scaled back.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #364
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Except it makes me wonder what mainstay will be removed next year. The core feature removal carousel is a bit of a tiring ride.
I don't think people really think about it. The consoles have limited RAM and limited disc space. If you ADD gigs of data, gigs of data have to be removed. We all know that the game is already new the disc limit. It was over 40g last year - one of, if not THE, biggest game released on NG systems. With the MyCareer scenes, more detailed player, more audio content for game AND the Shaq and Ernie show, where do you fit it all in? And this will continue to happen. To think that the game can continue to grow and grow and grow and grow over the years is naive, isn't it? NOTE: I'm NOT saying it doesn't suck. But I'm saying that no one should be surprised or read any malice into it.

Quote:
Crew took 4 years to come back. It was removed originally for cheat prevention. Which became a security effort against hacks. Which became a monetization effort that lead to VC and effecting the playability of multiple modes. Then came back, but not really. And finally came back when no one cared anymore.
There are STILL a lot of people (around 4 million) on old-gen and they sure as hell care a LOT.

Quote:
My point is just that things do get removed for reasons that don't always turn out. I'd prefer they be left in instead of gutted until a replacement is ready. Especially in an age when disk space and bandwidth are hardly limiting factors anymore.
You're right. Sometimes, things get removed for reasons that suck. This is not one of them, in my opinion.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #365
MVP

Quote:
If they didn't schedule any time to refresh the content the way to feel is justifiable, sure it does. If you ship it EXACTLY as it was last year, they take heat for not touching it AND the pressure of including a personality that under a lot of political scrutiny. It's not like being able to remove Ray Rice from a roster. This is a TON of content. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced this is a major reason it's scaled back.

If it was really because of a late game controversy that couldn't be helped, then I can accept that a bit. Still thought the controversy was overblown.

If it forced them to start the move to a full TNT crew, then glorious. But the "analytics say you all page through it" argument does not really endear itself to me. I thought I had little to worry about in regards to 2K's futur but they do still manage to pull the most unlikely of surprises. Good ones, and bad ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #366
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
I did hear about that, and I guess maybe this is 2K's solution. They had plenty of time to find an alternate to record similar lines of audio though. Tim Roye would have been excellent. I'd even take Bob Fitzgerald, who's worked with 2K before in the NFL games whose presentation is so lauded.
I don't think they had enough time to manage all of the new stuff, let alone replacing old stuff.

Quote:
What's Ernie and Shaq doing anyway in the game? I'm pretty sure it's as skippable as anything else, especially if they're not actually doing their real job.
They are on the loading screen. You can't skip that for a few seconds while the game loads essential data. Whereas the halftime show is IMMEDIATELY skippable.

Quote:
A post game show with them would have made things up a little bit.
Completely agreed!

Wait! I have rep to uphold. I'm supposed to be trolling you for your valid criticism! I don't want to let my fanbase down. When I think of a way to do that, I'll let you know.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 10-01-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #367
MVP

NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers

Quote:
I don't think people really think about it. The consoles have limited RAM and limited disc space. If you ADD gigs of data, gigs of data have to be removed. We all know that the game is already new the disc limit. It was over 40g last year - one of, if not THE, biggest game released on NG systems. With the MyCareer scenes, more detailed player, more audio content for game AND the Shaq and Ernie show, where do you fit it all in? And this will continue to happen. To think that the game can continue to grow and grow and grow and grow over the years is naive, isn't it? NOTE: I'm NOT saying it doesn't suck. But I'm saying that no one should be surprised or read any malice into it.

There are STILL a lot of people (around 4 million) on old-gen and they sure as hell care a LOT.

You're right. Sometimes, things get removed for reasons that suck. This is not one of them, in my opinion.

If it was removed for analytic reasons, it's a reason that sucks.

I assumed the space taken up by the Shaq and Ernie show would simply be the half time show. Would make a whole lot of sense, wouldn't it? This might be a little forceful, but I'm going to say that you don't ax a halftime presentation in a basketball game for disk space. If you care about presentation at all. Period.

I can name several things that should go first (IMO), like ThePark for instance. Because it's basically a tech demo that's a shadow of Crew designed to solicit VC to play dress up. Blacktop can go too, if need be.

If it was logistically impossible because of the Bruce controversy, I'll just live with that.

EDIT: And I wrote this minutes after the new Park announcement, to which reactions seem pretty good. We'll see, but if it's more crew like, then it's a good step. Now how about arenas and refs and pro ball and all that?

Last edited by Sundown; 10-01-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #368
MVP

So when do the player intros take place? Did they skip? I watched with the audio off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »