Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-01-2014, 11:38 AM   #1113
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I fixed this last year with the False start and offsides sliders. Raise offsides or lower false start or both to get the defenders to hold the point of a attack much better. The ratings will still decided who wins but that intial 1-3 yards push every lineman gets even if they get beat can be eliminated.
I will give that a shot tonight. I used that on the PS3 but hadn't tried it on the PS4 version yet.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #1114
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I will give that a shot tonight. I used that on the PS3 but hadn't tried it on the PS4 version yet.
Yeah I did it on Xbox 360, haven't tried on Xbox one but I'm about to my next game. I'll edit this post.

I just played against the Jets with the Rams, 15 min play now. Stacy had 21 carries for 75 and Mason 7 for 35. So the Jets had solid run D but like you said those 1-2 yard gains were still automatic. And the jets have some great defensive line players that should at LEAST hold up at the point of attack even if they dont get a win. A single block from any rams lineman shouldnt be pushing them more than a yard downfield DURING the handoff.Also on the pass rush, still too much time for both sides in the pocket even though I didnt get any sacks on Geno and I took a couple.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #1115
Banned

OVR: 0

poor a.i. like in this video, the game seems to be completely impossible for me to enjoy.

youtube.

**Madden 15 Player Sense** Assignment Logic, Player Interactions Have A Long Way To Go
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 08:53 PM   #1116
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

Welp, being a ****** kind of gamer now more than ever (if even that, these days), I was iffy on picking up Madden 15 till I saw it for $39.99 tonight on Amazon for the Xbox One, in which case I decided to jump on it. Probably won't see it that cheap again until at least Black Friday, but I've been craving playing a football game in ranked online matches (despite the heightening of blood pressure that has occurred from it in the past).

How's the ranked games this year? (For Xbox One or PS4 -- doesn't matter where the source of feedback is from.) Same old things featuring guys exploiting different things and quitters? I can handle them, as long as they are far and few between. I used to play a lot of ranked on the old Maddens (Madden 2004 -- Madden 2010), but have tapered off over the last few years.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:10 PM   #1117
Pro

OVR: 4

Like previous ea football games, once the shiny graphics wear off, there's a lot of little things that add up that makes this a mediocre/disappointing experience. I doubt this can be fixed in a patch, but the robo qb really hurts the game. Yesterday, I knocked out Peyton Manning, only for his backup to play exactly the same.

I expected a lot more from the sideline interactions, especially after finally upgrading to next gen, but they're all lifeless and don't interact with what's going on the field at all. Why can't I call my own challenges which are clearly in my favor? And when the cpu decides to challenge for me, the game still usually gets it wrong. I've lost challenges despite the ai clearly fumbling the football.

WRs don't fight for the ball, while the AI WRs regularly run out of bounds with no defender near them. I'm not sure if this game has the dreaded 'psychic dbs', but they fight for the ball(unlike the wrs) and catch nearly every deep ball.

Not nearly enough cutscenes, we get that one repetitive one each game where the qb trots on the field. In cfm, game doesn't remember my weekly stats, With the commentators saying I 'bounced back' this week as an overlay shows 0's across the board, and bad commentary: "The Bears will be on the road next week...while the Vikings will be on the road next week." For some odd reason, the announcers won't say the last names of created players.

Other games have done more on less powerful systems, so I know this game should be better than this.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:54 PM   #1118
Rookie

I have come to the conclusion that EA has gotten me again with the graphically brilliant Madden 15 gimmick. First off, why is the madden game only taking 16GB of disc space and was the same amount as madden 25 while other sports game(i.e. nba 2k, Mlb the show) is like at 47-50GB......the game has officially become very boring...the same 7-9 repeated cut scenes, the players moving body parts(i.e. RB running with ball behind his back, defenders running to make the tackle to put their arms down and just run into the ball carrier, every QB has the same stupid throwing animation, the same football physics, no signature movement and the lsit goes on)....Im fed up and just wanna to play a complete, thorough football game....People can say whateva they want but competition is a great thing(i.e..nba live pushing nba 2k, drive club pushing forza, PES soccer pushing fifa and the show staying on top knowing anyone still has the option to make a baseball game)...Im just so disappointed....I dont know?
Old 10-02-2014, 01:58 AM   #1119
Banned

When is EA's contract up with NFL? Is there even a chance 2k will have a crack at making a football game in the next 5 year's?
I agree with what the guy just said a few post ago, the nothing new ever happens in the game, the way madden gameplay works it doesn't allow for any spontaneous crazy plays that you've never seen before or created yourself from pure stick work, the game is designed to hit certain "realistic" numbers per game and a.i. sees that it does that at the cost of gameplay. Rt or r2 turns defense into heat seeking missiles, everyone knows that. After a few days of playing you just see the same old thing over and over in madden, no crazy run plays like marshawn lynchs a few years back where he went beast mode. It's not even possible in madden. The game gets so repetitive so quick, pass, catch if your open, int if your not, no fighting for the ball between wr and cb, only simple catchs by one guy or the other, there's just so so little creativity when it comes to madden cause gameplay doesn't allow it. It's so tightly held down by suction tackling, poor blocking, bad, a.i. long drawn out juke moves, I've watched videos from FIFA for example, some of the moves people put together in that game are so unique, completely user created. NHL gameplay feels awesome this year to, lots of room for user creativity.
Anyways, just wish madden wouldn't be so tightly held down by the game, really wish 2k had a shot.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #1120
Rookie

Tronin's Arena

I'm new to the site, so I'm not able to start a new thread. I hope it's OK for me to ask my question here instead.

I haven't played Madden since the last one on PC (2008), and I'm only interested in the offline mode of CFM. I'm also only interested in buying Madden once for the new generation and sticking with it. The question is, now that there's no word about a patch and that EA messed up with NHL (I'll wait 'til next year), should I buy Madden 15 or wait another year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »