Home

NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-01-2014, 11:18 AM   #329
Banned

OVR: 10
no ice skating anywhere, and the ball doesn't magic transfer! looks solid, like players have weight to them!
zaaa dancers! *SNL voice*
presentation looks like TNT...minus...Chuck, C Dub, and Kenny...=(
cut-scenes look great, no herky jerky animations!
Can't wait to pick this up!
Thanks 2K SPORTS!!
Old 10-01-2014, 11:18 AM   #330
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
The livestream was meant to show off the gameplay (which looked great) but people are nagging about a halftime show? Come on man...
That's not even what the conversation was about. I don't think folks will sweat it at all honestly
Old 10-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #331
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Sorry, but that is an absolutely terrible reason to remove halftime highlights. Why punish the people that enjoyed the feature because "the majority" skip it? How about those of us that enjoy authenticity and the presentation package being closer to real life?

Instead we're stuck with no replays or voice over at halftime with a dull presentation package. Yay!!!!!!!
Aaaand the other shoe drops.

I loved the halftime show and have for years. I still watch them somewhat regularly if I want to relieve a moment earlier in the game.

People will page through the new pre game intros and what not too. Same with highlights. Does that mean they get removed until we just have bare bones basketball?

The halftime show was one of the most well done broadcast components of 2K. They could have at least left it in unaltered. And somehow Ernie and Shaq aren't in the halftime show when they're already in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #332
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
The livestream was meant to show off the gameplay (which looked great) but people are nagging about a halftime show? Come on man...

People like myself won't sweat it to much, but its ok to say we are surprised or disappointed by it. Over the years I've seen so many constant thread complaints about crew mode, myplayer, headbands, shoes, or jersey colors, I think it is ok if a few of use to say we are not happy about the halftime show presentation being reduced but are still excited about the game. Two things that 2Ksports has been the model for over the years is Gameplay and Presentation, so it will kind of throw a few of us kind of off when one of those has changed or reduced in a manner that is not appeasing to us. Overall 2K15 will probably be a great game still.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #333
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
That's not even what the conversation was about. I don't think folks will sweat it at all honestly
The thing I'm disappointed with is that since nfl2k5 we haven't had a game with that level of presentation which was really immersive in my opinion.

I honestly thought that this was the year we could get a halftime show like tha especially with the addition of Shaq and ernie.

If back in 2004 someone could transport me to the future and show me the presentation of sports games in 2014 I honestly wouldn't be impressed at all.

I will however enjoy the game for what it is.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:38 AM   #334
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Regarding the presentation, do they at least have the cheerleaders and mascots during timeouts like they had on last-gen? I know it seems like a silly thing to ask for when everyone is so focused on gameplay, but I'm a sucker for immersion.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #335
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
So, with what we know about the inclusion of the TNT team, I think I'm on the side of these that feel if a barebones halftime this year means we get the NFL2k5 type halftime next year...

COUNT ME IN! Is there anyone that does NOT fall in that group?
Except it makes me wonder what mainstay will be removed next year. The core feature removal carousel is a bit of a tiring ride.

Crew took 4 years to come back. It was removed originally for cheat prevention. Which became a security effort against hacks. Which became a monetization effort that lead to VC and effecting the playability of multiple modes. Then came back, but not really. And finally came back when no one cared anymore.

My point is just that things do get removed for reasons that don't always turn out. I'd prefer they be left in instead of gutted until a replacement is ready. Especially in an age when disk space and bandwidth are hardly limiting factors anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 11:46 AM   #336
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Yeah I think the argument came from the fact that something was removed because of looking at analytics.

Just talk to people and learn why. I never played nfl2k5 but I've seen that half time show used as a staple model for so many years that is think it would've been noted at least but still. ... maybe they have something in the works for the future so I'm not worried.

I plan on making my own montages anyway

I just hope that this doesn't take out the individual highlights feature in the post game stats menu

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »