Home

NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #305
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers

and now halftime-gate has essentially taken over the game play thread...a game play thread that had a lot to be happy about.

the halftime show didn't make it in this game, that sucks, hopefully they hear our feedback and add it back next year. I obviously don't work at 2k, but I am 99% they didn't take it out just to get people upset.

all the soap box stuff and piling on is just unnecessary...I know thing's get a little crazy around pre-release but it's reached a new height this year, and I didn't think that was possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #306
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3nkins29
The lack of a halftime show is not gonna make me not get the game, it is not that big of a deal it just caught me off guard. I wish it was there but it is what it is. Hopefully they can flesh it out more as others have said and make it something that the users don't want to skip in the future.
It's really in the best interest of the game to make those moments worth seeing and nit skip. Why? Because in today's world of entertainment, that's where you sell sponsorship space. If they ship a halftime show that people skip, sponsors don't buy that space. Seems that based on the numbers, it was time to rethink the halftime show. So, scale it back, focus on space that people can't or don't skip, and come back to it down the line. I'm sure anyone here with a brain can agree it sucks, but it's a reasonable decision.

All of this is theory on my part. I have no idea if this is the case. But it seems logical to me. So, yeah, it always sucks to lose something you had before. But if you get it backs better than ever, it's a net gain.

Edit: I think, for the most part, this halftime discussion has been civil. Since it was actually in the video, I think it's still on topic. But, getting back to gameplay would be great as well.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 10-01-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #307
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
all the soap box stuff and piling on is just unnecessary...I know thing's get a little crazy around pre-release but it's reached a new height this year, and I didn't think that was possible.
I've actually kind of dug the discourse this year. 2K's made a lot of improvements and successfully diverted themselves from certain virtual currency doom and there has not been a shortage of folks lauding those improvements. And outside some of the normal extreme and entitled opinions (and those who seem to live to respond & engage those types), I feel as though I've seen a lot of intelligent and worthwhile discussion on shortcomings as well. It seems like night and day in comparison to 2K14's VC and always-online fueled feedback.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:39 AM   #308
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I've actually kind of dug the discourse this year. 2K's made a lot of improvements and successfully diverted themselves from certain virtual currency doom and there has not been a shortage of folks lauding those improvements. And outside some of the normal extreme and entitled opinions, I feel as though I've seen a lot of intelligent and worthwhile discussion on shortcomings as well. It seems like night and day in comparison to 2K14's VC and always-online fueled feedback.
I agree. I think the mods and a lot of OS vets have done a good job of ferreting out too much of the toxic talk.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #309
Banned

Klayups's Arena

OVR: 0

I skip the halftime show every time.

It's not that entertaining to me, and I'm not that broken up about there not being one. Most of the time I just want to get back to the action as fast as possible.

Halftime shows are cool for like My Player mode or something (maybe). But mostly I don't care for them. (In video games)
Old 10-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #310
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I agree. I think the mods and a lot of OS vets have done a good job of ferreting out too much of the toxic talk.

I agree, the vets and mods are great here. Think it's time to take the plunge and support OS, get that blue name!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 10-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #311
MVP

OVR: 11

how we sure there is no halftime show?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #312
Pro