Home

NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #297
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers

Would I like for 2K to have a Halftime Show? Sure, why not?

Am I losing sleep or "OMG THIS HORRIBLE!!!!!!" because it's not in there? Not at all. There would be times where I watch it every now and then but more times than not, I'd skip right through it. Halftime Shows are always going to be repetitive for the fact that they'll be repeating the same lines to you time after time since they can update it every night. Sure, we might see a few different highlights/moments but for the most part, it'd be the same until next year.

But to consider cancelling a game because there's no halftime show? Yeah, that's an overreaction if I ever saw one, lol.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #298
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouAllDay
That's what I don't like about 2k. Remove some features one year to hype everybody when they come back. What's the point?
That's it. You figured them out. Outstanding. And all this time, I thought they did it for realistic reasons. I am the Dumbs.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #299
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Eh I loved the halftime show always watched it. But 2K14 was so bare bones and with no custom soundtrack it took a step back for me. If we get a pregame and postgame show then I'm fine. You can see they are gearing up for the halftime show that we want. Kenny Smith and Chuck would be great for that as the player pic flashing on the screen in very TNT like. So the groundwork is being set for a better presentation for all the show aspects of the game. I'm satisfied considering how much of a leap this game has taken from 2K14.

SN: Thibs must have gotten on that LeBron diet after Fiba lol. But seriously everything has improved and if the halftime show is next year then so be it.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:25 AM   #300
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
So, with what we know about the inclusion of the TNT team, I think I'm on the side of these that feel if a barebones halftime this year means we get the NFL2k5 type halftime next year...

COUNT ME IN! Is there anyone that does NOT fall in that group?
I have to agree with this way of thinking, it will be an adjustment this year but if we end up with a TNT style presentation in the future then im all in for the addition by subtraction method.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #301
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Would I like for 2K to have a Halftime Show? Sure, why not?

Am I losing sleep or "OMG THIS HORRIBLE!!!!!!" because it's not in there? Not at all. There would be times where I watch it every now and then but more times than not, I'd skip right through it. Halftime Shows are always going to be repetitive for the fact that they'll be repeating the same lines to you time after time since they can update it every night. Sure, we might see a few different highlights/moments but for the most part, it'd be the same until next year.

But to consider cancelling a game because there's no halftime show? Yeah, that's an overreaction if I ever saw one, lol.
Overreactions are the norm on the interwebs man. It's just funny, isn't it. Then the conspiracy theories follow immediately after. I think it's hilarious. But I completely agree with you. I watch them sometimes, but the LARGE majority of the time, I skip them after seeing them a few times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #302
Pro

j3nkins29's Arena

OVR: 5

The lack of a halftime show is not gonna make me not get the game, it is not that big of a deal it just caught me off guard. I wish it was there but it is what it is. Hopefully they can flesh it out more as others have said and make it something that the users don't want to skip in the future.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #303
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Except there are a bunch of times in the nba where the screen comes opposite the ball hand and the ball handler can choose to accept it or play off of it. Dwyane Wade does this a lot. Or, the Spurs do a lot of switch PnR where the screener will come up on one side and switch at the last second. Or, side pick and rolls where the ball handler is dribbling with the left hand and wants to attack with his right (strong hand) to the middle of the floor.

Really, if they are doing any "simple" PnR programming it should be just that picks are designed to get the ball handler to the middle. That's the simplest way to do it.
I think rather than just always setting it to go toward the middle, the screen should be set on whatever side has the most room to work with, until they find a way to let us choose, of course. If I'm isolating on the wing, I may want the screen set toward the baseline if I have a teammate at the top of the key, because there would be more room to operate over there, and more room for my teammates to get open.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #304
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Overreactions are the norm on the interwebs man. It's just funny, isn't it. Then the conspiracy theories follow immediately after. I think it's hilarious. But I completely agree with you. I watch them sometimes, but the LARGE majority of the time, I skip them after seeing them a few times.

I'm more excited about the pregame to be honest, that always seemed barebones to me.

This thread was bound to take that turn though, even with all the great and intelligent people on here, there are some that feel the need to nitpick every little detail and complain about everything.

This game has me counting down the days like a space shuttle launch. 6...5...4...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »