Home

NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #289
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K15 Livestream Starting Now - Bulls vs. Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
That wasn't the half-time show shown in the livestream? I remember reading LD2K justifying for why things are a bit scaled back in that area in this thread as well.
They skipped it didn't they?
Old 10-01-2014, 10:10 AM   #290
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
They skipped it didn't they?
Nah. Looked like the full show to me. General stats, some pictures of the best performers, and wiped back over to gameplay, all within the span of about 15 seconds or less. The 2K team were talking over it, so I'm not sure if Damon Bruce is commentating that part or not.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #291
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
Nah. Looked like the full show to me. General stats, some pictures of the best performers, and wiped back over to gameplay, all within the span of about 15 seconds or less.
I just went back and looked. You might be right. It was so bare, I thought they skipped it. My apologies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #292
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I can live without a good halftime show but I would most certainly prefer there be one, particularly if it were in the fashion of NFL 2K5. I'm not sure if I'm board with this logic though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Something to think about - we know how many people button through half time shows. Spoiler: it's a lot a lot.
As others have alluded, in many cases maybe portions of the game are skipped and passed over because they have not been done with great quality, or they have grown repetitive over time (as in, it's been generally the same relatively bare halftime show for many 2K iterations).

I'm also worried that the "people don't play it, so we're gonna remove it" logic could be applied to things like the dunk contest and three point shootout (and more). As has been said before, I think those two modes are not played almost exclusively because their gameplay & responsiveness is atrocious. For every one gamer who enjoys playing Guitar Hero as a means of controlling their dunks, there's 453 others who realize it bears no resemblance to controlling or executing anything on a basketball court. But I digress.

To echo what 24th Letter said earlier, I believe if 2K builds it, they will come.

Last edited by VDusen04; 10-01-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #293
Rookie

OVR: 0

That's what I don't like about 2k. Remove some features one year to hype everybody when they come back. What's the point?
Old 10-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #294
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I skipped over the highlights portion every time . I just looked at the top player and team stats. Guess I was part of the problem
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #295
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
I'm not a kid or a ****** and I didn't watch the halftime show that much...it was boring. I checked my stats in the menu periodically throughout the game.

To each their own, I think plenty of non "******" people skipped the halftime show more often than not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think there are different reasons people have for not watching the halftime report. I skip it because it's lackluster. They show three random highlights from each team, usually focused on a single player, and have a voiceover talking about one thing each team is doing well/poorly, which often does not even relate to the highlights being shown. Not really good for immersion into the TV broadcast feel.

If they were to put the level of detail NFL 2k5 had in their halftime show, I would absolutely watch it every game. I never skip a halftime or postgame report in NFL 2k5. They show the stats, talk about where each team is doing well, show big plays, and actually talk about those big plays.

Keep in mind that NFL 2k5 was on the original XBox/PS2. We are now two generations of consoles beyond those, so there should be no reason a halftime report shouldn't be able to at least match what they did back then.

It doesn't even have to be as extravagant as having a full halftime show in the studio. I would just love to see breakdowns of each team, including highlights. If one team is shooting well from beyond the arc, show some clips of them getting open looks, and have the announcers talk about how they're moving the ball well to get open shots, and knocking them down. If a team is not shooting well, show that too, but talk about why: are they getting good looks and just not converting? Or is the defense just that good that it's stopping them?

Obviously, that would be a lot to try and implement in a single year, but if they added that kind of depth to the show, I would never skip it. It's crazy to think that no game has been able to match the presentation of a football game from 2004.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #296
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

So, with what we know about the inclusion of the TNT team, I think I'm on the side of these that feel if a barebones halftime this year means we get the NFL2k5 type halftime next year...

COUNT ME IN! Is there anyone that does NOT fall in that group?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »