Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 2 with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 2 with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-30-2014, 05:41 PM   #73
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 2 with Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Yes what he is describing sounds like off ball screens no switching. Do we have control of off ball screens?

Basically for centers and PF's with no lateral quickness you would want no switching on off-ball screens. It may leave a few guys open by doing that but that is the reason you set it like that so your big with no agility isn't on an island.
No. We really need to blow that out. With OG in house I don't think it will be long before you have a full suite of defensive options. After you guys get the game would be great to hear what your wishlist items are relating to strategical stuff on offense and defense.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

Last edited by Da_Czar; 10-01-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #74
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

For this to really work, I have to assume the defensive AI has been tuned down for those infernal eyes in the back of their head steals, correct?

Because I LOVE backdoor cuts, but the CPU AI always gets a hand and deflects the pass when they're in a trail position, effectively playing more perfect defense than any you'd see IRL.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:52 PM   #75
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
We even worked on having the AI drive around vs right into you. It still needs more work but were trying to shift the game into using natural driving angles by not encouraging driving directly into a defenders space.
is it possible to get a charge call in your favour without actually pressing the 'draw charge' button?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 05:53 PM   #76
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Czar, amazing job as usual. But is it just me or do plays still seem to take really long to develop? I know a lot of the times the shot clock gets down to under 4 seconds, but if you try to actually run plays and such in 2K, that EVERY possession takes to the end of the shot clock.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:55 PM   #77
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
is it possible to get a charge call in your favour without actually pressing the 'draw charge' button?
I have seen it. Can't say how easy or hard it is. certainly has not happened a lot. But I have seen it at least once.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-30-2014, 05:55 PM   #78
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

Since all 30 teams don't have this can we like assign the teams that have it to a team that doesn't have it?

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:01 PM   #79
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I have seen it. Can't say how easy or hard it is. certainly has not happened a lot. But I have seen it at least once.
at least its possible, driving cheese will be all but gone soon enough..
great news
Old 09-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
For this to really work, I have to assume the defensive AI has been tuned down for those infernal eyes in the back of their head steals, correct?

Because I LOVE backdoor cuts, but the CPU AI always gets a hand and deflects the pass when they're in a trail position, effectively playing more perfect defense than any you'd see IRL.
Yes! I agree. I too am hoping the CPU AI has that random human error likeness (hopefully still based on ratings) to reflect at least some imperfection regarding things like: rebounding, contesting shots, defense on cutters, making bad pass, passing out of traps, miscommunication on defense, etc.

Not asking for this stuff to occur on every possession, but combining this "imperfect effect" with in-game momentum, team chemistry, or even just randomly would make playing the CPU even more enjoyable!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »