Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 2 with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 2 with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #65
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 2 with Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Now THAT is some focus.

Hey man, since there seems to be a need, is there an option to turn all of this off? Just in case someone might not want offball movement or something? Just wondering. If there is, is it defaulted to be on or off?
Yes sir. The freelance options have 3 settings.

Motion Which is what you see and is the default.

Where passes and pauses create action once you know the offenses you can mix in manual pnr's in set's that you like.

Space the floor

Where your team just continues to space around you. If you want to do a lot of pen and pitch stuff I would choose this because they won't run any uninitiated action that might get in your way.

Best when you want to use manual pnr's and isolations. Although you can mix those in with the motion there may be too much motion for someone who wants to create their own action.

Freelance
In freelance your team will run actions for you based on the freelance you selected. So this will have them manually attempt scoring options. You kind of need play art on if you make this selection because they could select an action that requires a pass.

The default for all game modes IIRC (don't get mad if this isn't correct) is motion.

The default for the AI is freelance.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 04:59 PM   #66

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Speaking of Defense Czar, is there the ability to set your team to Never switch? That was also another issue that I had, is guys randomly switching, even if I was right there defending manually. Can we set a coaching strategy to not switch this year, maybe a "Stay Home" option?
I don't thnk we have that covered. I wonder if you used matchups however and assigned everyone to who you wanted them to guard if that would be a short cut.

OG and I will add that to our 16 list. Because that makes sense. So if you have that enabled your ok if they give up a layup because they did exactly what you said or would you want it to function as don't switch unless you have to ?
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-30-2014, 05:02 PM   #67
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I don't thnk we have that covered. I wonder if you used matchups however and assigned everyone to who you wanted them to guard if that would be a short cut.

OG and I will add that to our 16 list. Because that makes sense. So if you have that enabled your ok if they give up a layup because they did exactly what you said or would you want it to function as don't switch unless you have to ?
Yep, that's exactly how I'd want it to work. Unless the defensive rotations become amazing in terms of intelligence. If they rotate properly, help the helper etc, then I have no issues. Id still like the option to have all guys stay home though.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #68

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPerson
There was an option to switch on pick n rolls in 2K13, so I'm pretty sure that's back in 2K15. Can you confirm Czar?
Yes that option is in. I thought he was meaning general switching as well. Like back screens etc.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:09 PM   #69
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I would have loved to but there would be no way fam. Honestly. Also don't forget I was on here for part of the year. But even a full year there is no way.
Apologizes if this has already been answered, but roughly how many teams got their specific system in the game?

And since I've not posted on the topic yet, thanks for your work on this Czar. This is incredible.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:14 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Yes. Freelance is running anytime your are not in a play, early offense, or transition.

*runs upstairs looking for new underwear*
Old 09-30-2014, 05:21 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0
Czar is a sim basketball gamers blessing! Does anyone know what time the 2k live stream is???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 05:24 PM   #72
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Yes that option is in. I thought he was meaning general switching as well. Like back screens etc.

Yes what he is describing sounds like off ball screens no switching. Do we have control of off ball screens?

Basically for centers and PF's with no lateral quickness you would want no switching on off-ball screens. It may leave a few guys open by doing that but that is the reason you set it like that so your big with no agility isn't on an island.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »