Home

NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Arranged By Team

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Arranged By Team within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2014, 11:56 AM   #41
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAtkHar
****ing Bruno bring the raptors overall down lol but THANK YOU 2k for finally giving JV the rating he deserves WOOO I'm going to kill with my teams this year. Raptors x Knicks baby !!!
you do know that overall rating doesn't mean you're going to dominate right? It just rates him based on the category type of player he is. he will still be big and slow and average rebounding. He was still miss shots around the rim like he does in real life
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #42
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Arranged By Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCitizen
Lol seems like the Bulls are the most overrated team on this list. Really? Jimmy Butler an 80? His defensive ratings must be 99 across the board because his offense is just pure irrelevant.
While I don't disagree with you, I think his rating is justifiable. The average overall rating this year is 75, so let's assume that offense and defense both weigh in on a 0-100 scale to average out to their overall just for simplicity and the sake of the argument.

With that being said, Jimmy was lacking on the offensive side of the ball last season, but I wouldn't say he was terribly below average. He averaged 13 PPG and shot around 40% so that grants him around 70 on the offensive side of the ball. On defense, he's an elite perimeter defender, so putting him up around a 90 isn't too far fetched. Throw them together and you get an 80.

Too much emphasis is placed on the overall rating, especially with how they've changed the ratings calculations. Just because a guy is at an 80 doesn't mean you'll be able to do it all with him.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:02 PM   #43
Just started!

How is Carmelo Anthony just an 89?!? I understand the lack of defense at times but an 89? Were talking about the 2013 NBA scoring champion, the 2014 2nd leading scorer in the NBA, The person who has just as much fire power if not more as Kevin Durant.. If anything he should at least be in the 90's, there's no way Chris Paul is a better player than Carmelo Anthony.. 2K your ratings suck.. AND PLEASE tell me how the hell Kobe Bryant is just an 89, it's KOBE!
Old 09-30-2014, 12:03 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3
I hear everybody talking about Duncan's rating
Duncan had a good year last year and remember he was the most consistent player in the finals all the games
Old 09-30-2014, 12:08 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Ratings are on point mostly. Tyson Chandler a 79 though? Nope haha
Tyson Chandler is more 59/69 his defense is overrated and his hands are worst. I've never seen him grab a rebound... What a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 12:12 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksTapeSergio
How is Carmelo Anthony just an 89?!? I understand the lack of defense at times but an 89? Were talking about the 2013 NBA scoring champion, the 2014 2nd leading scorer in the NBA, The person who has just as much fire power if not more as Kevin Durant.. If anything he should at least be in the 90's, there's no way Chris Paul is a better player than Carmelo Anthony.. 2K your ratings suck.. AND PLEASE tell me how the hell Kobe Bryant is just an 89, it's KOBE!
Not this argument again...

Where's Rashidi when you need him?
Old 09-30-2014, 12:38 PM   #47
Rookie

I really liked what I was seeing from the ratings before, but I like it even more now that I've seen them like this.

Deep teams look deep, top heavy teams look top heavy... and the 76ers look like the 76ers, because they do what they do.

Huge kudos, Beds!

Of course, as soon as the season starts everything changes and your ratings go to hell in a handbasket, but that's just life.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:40 PM   #48
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksTapeSergio
People are really having a hard time grasping the concept of these ratings. Just because a player has an overall higher than another player doesn't make them directly better. I promise you that Melo is going to be a better scorer than CP3 and Chris is going to be a better passer than Melo. It's how everything is designed.

Kobe is 36 and coming off back-to-back leg injuries. Be happy he's rated that high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »