Home

Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2014, 10:49 PM   #41
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year

the #1 thing for me is WR/DB interactions

how many years in a row are we going to have to deal with this joke of a system where the WR runs to the spot and waits, while defenders break on the ball and take angles to reach the ball BEFORE it gets there. how about make it so both defenders and receivers will take that approach, so ratings can determine who catches the ball. all the receivers feel the same and all the defenders too. the better wide receivers should be more aggressive and able to position themselves in front of the defender to make the catch instead of standing there and watching the ball into their hands. and all defenders shouldn't be able to make a perfect cut on the ball and high point the ball perfectly everytime. I like how in old maddens sometimes the defenders would actually missplay it, or just miss the ball completely. whens the last time u saw that in madden 15? it was better back in ps2 days when there was less/worse animations because at least you would see variation and you would a chance to complete every throw. now adays you can pretty much tell whether you will complete the pass or not, right when u release it. its terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 11:43 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1
It is almost impossible to do offline connected franchise as a small market team like the Jaguars, Browns or Raiders. Also, the Vikings new stadium doesn't get built after a season like Levi's did in Madden 25, that is weird.
The ratings need to get overhauled. Tony Romo is in no way better than Nick Foles or Andrew Luck. Gio Bernard is rated lower than a lot of RBs even though he is really one of the best. The ratings just don't match. A player like Alex Smith, Tony Romo or Ben Roethlisberger is rated a whole lot higher than someone like Emmanuel Sanders who is probably a better player overall. Veteran QBs are also overrated. Is Jay Cutler really that much better than Derek Carr? No, he is definitely better, but he isn't as much better as the ratings show him to be. The specific ratings can be better too. When I am developing a young MLB, other than Tackle and Awareness I really don't know what to upgrade, it should tell you on the screen. I know that they can vary by what scheme you use and what kind of MLB you want him to be, but it should still show it. On the topic of development, it is hard to get a young player all the way up to a 99. I did a fantasy draft, based my whole offense around Trent Richardson, used all of his points from the first season to get him up to a normal development, the next year, he rushed for over 1,500 yards and 20 TDs, he won the MVP, but he was still like an 82. After the season he was rated an 86. If a player is that good, they should get some sort of bonus.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:43 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 3

No top 5. Just one thing and maybe I'll consider buying this again.

Completely throw out the old gameplay and code. Just start over.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:02 AM   #44
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
1. Presentation - get rid of Simms and Nantz, they don't work for a video game. Nantz sounds too robotic and Simms never shuts up. We don't need the most popular announcers just some really good ones. There is no reason they can't offer two even just one for the regular season and one for the playoffs or special games (Monday/Sunday night etc).

2. Scouting - Either give us a working combine like was in past Madden's or just show us the combine results and throw in some scouting reports. Also rework scouting so there is no way to see ratings until after a player is drafted. Everyone wants realism this would make drafting a lot more realistic and provide more first round busts.

3. Editing - this one should speak for itself. Just give us some editing options for those who don't like the draft classes or the players all having the same equipment.

4. Teambuilder - either give us the option to edit uniforms or give us a teambuilder like website where we can edit to our hearts content. There is no reason I shouldn't at least be able to design my endzones for my team as well as pick my own team colors. You can keep the same team names if you want but let us have some say in "our" team.

5. Draft - I am tired of looking at the same basic screens for sports game drafts. With the processing and graphical power of today's console they can create something unique. At least let me hear the names of the entire 1st round instead of the 1 or 2 guys with storylines.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #45
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Penalties.... only 3 or 4 of them work MAKE THEM ALL work!!!!!! I seen clint post on twitter saying we'll ppl get MAD if they lost a game to one WELL IM TIRED of seeing my wr dam near get mugged out on the field and nothings called!!!!! and umm last time I checked!!!!! holding can happen on the defensive side so why is it ONLY called on the oline? and it would be nice if they listed all of them except certain ones.

Player Editing used to be able to edit everything back on the ps2 day's since jump to the next gen consoles we can only edit names, equipment that's it bring back FULL player editing that way we don't have wait around for Donny to do it or not to do it.

Suction blocking/ Warping.... im tired AGAIN of seeing my WR beat a player such as a CB ... only to be suction right back into the cb... which stops my wr... and he has to restart his route all over... and the WARPING needs to be REMOVED... if a players BEAT he's BEAT... look how many times in the REAL nfl players get beat u don't see them gliding across the field and catching up to these guys.

Sliders MAKE THEM work right from the start no having to adjust for play now then readjust them once u put them to your cfm.

get rid of the WHOLE XP system its just dumb that once u put a roster into your cfm players ratings change esp SINCE most everyone dosent change there SCHEME... if u have same coach etc the scheme wont change so why should a players ratings change??? dumbest IDEA ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 12:33 PM   #46
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3

Make CFM OFFLINE playable meaning fix sacks,qb stats etc.,
Old 09-30-2014, 01:11 PM   #47
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramspeedkill
Make CFM OFFLINE playable meaning fix sacks,qb stats etc.,
Those will be patched this year, they already fixed it online.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #48
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Those will be patched this year, they already fixed it online.

sacks haven't been fixed online.... that issue hasent been addressed yet... I played game in cfm other day half way through 2nd quarter had a combined 8 sacks.... and bad part I wasent even trying to get sacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »