Home

Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year

Little by little, the Madden series continues to chip away at its long list of legacy issues and shortcomings. Madden 15 is a solid step better than its predecessors (Connected Career mode bugs aside), but EA seems to timid to take that gigantic leap that so many other series have already taken. The leap that NBA 2K took when you could look at a picture of James Harden and not be able to tell the difference between a game and real life, or the leap The Show took when little things like a beach ball being knocked around the stadium wasn't just a clever detail - it was a clever detail built on hundreds of others.

These are arbitrary examples, of course. When and if games have reached that new level of realism is largely a subjective thing, but if there's a consensus, and I think there is, it's that Madden hasn't made that leap yet.

Read More - Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15's Five Areas Which Need Improvement for Next Year

I disagree with signature animations.....Waste of time when the basic mechanics of football are still not working properly. The sliders, both Human/CPU and then Penalty sliders do not work and there are not explanations as to how they are supposed to work...

General game play needs to be addressed.....Screen passes are broken, for example..

Still need work on zones, M2M, O-line play and D-line play mechanics.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

I agree about 2(penalties) and 3(special teams variations)

It's silly we don't have fully functioning penalties in a next gen game in the year. 2014. Heck... We've never had real O/D pass interference for YEARS!

There also needs to be variations in SP/Teams and stuff. Why are blocked kicks exceedingly rare? Why are there NEVER muffed snaps? Why do QB's NEVER drop snaps? I understand there is concern that it could "ruin tournament play " but why not add this stuff in with a toggle switch that can turn it off for tournies or whatever.

For me it would be:
1-Penalties
2-Special teams variation, missed snaps variation. Etc.
3-Full roster appearance/equipment editing
4-Better atmosphere, and add in better sideline figures. Right now every camera man and sideline judge, sideline player, they're all identicle.
5-Off-line CFM needs more attention. Playoff seeding is still wrong, Financial issues with small market teams, Contracts can't be back loaded, difficulty sliders still don't had detailed explanations, why aren't we seeing this stuff improved?

And lastly... hire an ARMY of bug testers and actually listen to them and actually fix bugs.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 34
#5 is a biggie
Old 09-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #5
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

There needs to be signature coach styles. Yes, playbooks are different. However, when I play the Eagles, I do not feel like I'm playing a Chip Kelley system. It seems like everyone plays the same and moves the same. It really makes the game boring after a season. Plus the phyics need fine tuned even more. I'm tired of seeing my RB carry the ball behind his back.

I have min speed threshold at 0 and on an INT, my OL out ran my RB down the field. Every QB completes 75% of their passes still. While this is one of the most fun Maddens in recent years, the legacy issues make it kind of boring after a relatively short time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #6
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

I totally agree with 1 and 5 (and the others but I think 1 and 5 are huge). Obviously gameplay can be improved every year but I think its crazy that when I run with Gore it looks nothing like him! This is 2014! NBA 2K14 has had signature styles for years and PES is amazing at this! (other EA games like FIFA are still not very good at it, it's definitely an EA thing). I want Gore run like a little ball (not straight up like he does in Madden 15). And the field is always too small in EA games (FIFA is another great example, giant players on a tiny little field). I don't think this would solve every problem but would be a huge boost to the feel of the game and make it much more fun to play with your favorite team. Or maybe we just need 2K to jump on board and make a football game again! PLEASE!
Old 09-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #7
Rookie

xSh4dow95's Arena

Off-setting and multiple penalties would be a nice addition as well. In addition to that, when the referee announces the penalty, it would be more realistic if we heard "encroachment, defense, number 94" instead of "encroachment, defense". Another good addition would be a differentiation between NFC and AFC presentation as well as the addition of Monday Night Football. Also, blocking logic needs a fix. The blocking's good, but at times, the AI intentionally misses key blocks.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #8
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I believe a lot of the things us SIM players want in the game, like proper penalties, fumbles, blocked FG's or Punt's etc, are left out because the Head to Head/Tournament people would raise hell....EA is trying to cater to two different groups with this game....Really they need two games; one for the tournament people that do not want games decided on bad passes, penalties, fumbles, blocked punts, etc; and then another game for the SIM players who want all that is in the NFL in the actual game....With sliders and on/off options...

Actually it would be easier to just add features with the on/off ability and then fix sliders and penalties and game play...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »