Home

FIFA 15 Review: Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Review: Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 15 Review: Excels In Most Every Aspect, Is a Must Buy (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
this is exactly why I don't like FIFA, haha. alabamarob hit it on the head for me. I can see how some people like this game I was just shocked how little operationsports review talked about the gameplay and how it feels aspect of the game. This is supposed to be a site devoted to sports gaming and the review was lacking substance.
I did not know that you were the football expert. Everybody quiet down...dmendenhall is going to share his football wisdom with us (((rolling eyes))) :-)
Old 09-28-2014, 12:59 AM   #34
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
I did not know that you were the football expert. Everybody quiet down...dmendenhall is going to share his football wisdom with us (((rolling eyes))) :-)
When did I ever say I was an expert (though maybe I am) just sharing opinions and getting a discussion going about the game. I have had some good feedback from other operation sports users too. The main thing is I thought the review was a little lacklustre in talking about some of the gameplay aspects that are maybe not as good as everyone is saying. Anyway cheerio mate, go play some FIFA instead of trolling me on this message board. I obviously have nothing better to do than comment on here because I didn't buy it because I think it blows, hahaha.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:31 AM   #35
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
I am the stereotypical American soccer fan. My knowledge of soccer while growing is very limited. I haven't bought a soccer game since PS2 days.

I love this game more than I love MLB the show and equal with Madden. That's saying a lot. It may not nail down the sport as much as much as it should to some but it's a damn good game.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
exactly the same as me. My son is big into soccer so I know the rules but as far as leagues or players I know next to nothing. I absolutely love this game. mlb nhl and madden are collecting dust. im a pretty big nba fan and am already dreading having to split up my limited time between basketball and soccer of all things. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2014, 06:44 AM   #36
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdot23
Madden 15 review had about 67549 comments... Fifa 15, the much superior game has 30. We complain about Madden and it's shortcomings but as a sports gaming community we don't praise a well executed and highly praised Fifa? I don't get it. Maybe it should be OperationMadden.Com, anyhow, I think this is one of the greatest sports titles ever and I can only see EA improve upon this massive effort. Great things here and greater things to come.
comparing the 2 is a bad idea.
the fact of the matter is most people on operation sports are north american. most of those are American. soccer is not very popular over here. im canadian and obviously hockey is huge here but the nhl forums always pale in comparison to the madden or mlb forums. its simple numbers.

what I do find interesting is that it seems like Europeans from the stuff ive read are more critical of fifa because im guessing they have a better understanding of the game and its nuances. just like in the nhl forums. Canadians generally seem more critical of NHL.

I have said a couple times of how much I love this game but I have friends that no matter what I say they just wont give it a chance. I myself am a sports gamer. I dont care what sport it is I buy all of them every year. I even played that cricket game ( which made no sense to me) this year. thats why I love operation sports. its got info for everyone. if you dont like the review chances are you will find someone in the forums who feels the same as you.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:32 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
just like in the nhl forums. Canadians generally seem more critical of NHL.
Only critical of the loser Maple Leafs...
Old 09-28-2014, 09:53 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
comparing the 2 is a bad idea.
the fact of the matter is most people on operation sports are north american. most of those are American. soccer is not very popular over here. im canadian and obviously hockey is huge here but the nhl forums always pale in comparison to the madden or mlb forums. its simple numbers.

what I do find interesting is that it seems like Europeans from the stuff ive read are more critical of fifa because im guessing they have a better understanding of the game and its nuances. just like in the nhl forums. Canadians generally seem more critical of NHL.

I have said a couple times of how much I love this game but I have friends that no matter what I say they just wont give it a chance. I myself am a sports gamer. I dont care what sport it is I buy all of them every year. I even played that cricket game ( which made no sense to me) this year. thats why I love operation sports. its got info for everyone. if you dont like the review chances are you will find someone in the forums who feels the same as you.
I hear you. I was born here in New York City. My dad was Colombian, I guess it's a sport passion that is passed down. But I grew up playing basketball, baseball and football... But for me, gaming wise, this game is far more amazing compared to the likes of Madden and equally on par with 2K and The Show. In a sense of comparing the quality of the game.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 10
Decent game, not great... over hyped, but then again it caters to that sort of market.

Still heavily animation dependent and until it loses that 'clunkiness' to its gameplay, it will always be held back. Think of Madden and how you get sucked into an animation... FIFA has that, it can get away with it sometimes with football, but once you realise its happening, its not fun. I think because FIFA has so much else that it does right (in terms of online offerings) that people forgive it, as you get crazy end to end football which entertains people... 0-0 draws with 1 shot on target on a wet Tuesday night in the JPT at Morecambe wouldnt entertain the Americans... and thats where FIFA ignores the sport and goes for the instant impact approach.

PES looks better this year, definitely plays better but is still yards behind FIFA in terms of modes (especially online) and presentation.

Combine the both and you will get a 9 or even a 10.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #40
Just started!

The game runs escellently on xbox one as well. I think it is a bit easier than last year's though

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »