Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #297
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

Anyone see that Ronnie and LD2k will play a full game of 2k15 this Tuesday ? We should get a good look at freelance then
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-27-2014, 11:46 PM   #298
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
This year by tuning to superstar sim we tried to make that the level that even with any AI boosts is the most fair while still being the most challenging.

You guys will determine for us if we made it and obviously most of you play on custom sliders etc anyway to that may be tuff to get feedback on.

HOF is still AI enhancement. and the user shooting difficulty is tough on that level. I focused most of my play time and effort on superstar sim.
In the future, would it be possible to have AI difficulty settings adjustable and separate from AI boost settings rather than lumping them all in one setting to rule them all? Would be lovely to have input shot timing difficulty separate too.

It'd be great to have difficulty set sub sliders or settings, and then allow those sub settings to be adjusted like many racing and simulation games do.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:55 PM   #299
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

With the caveat that I have not yet played 2k15 and am basing my feedback on everything experienced prior I'm still going to try to give you the feedback I have so far:

Quote:
No. If they are out of position my directive to them is GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY! I like your suggestion of a fallback plan though. Hey if your out of position and he run's by you just set a screen. I wonder though if others would feel like that is bad spacing if you get what I am asking.

Should his first decision be to get back where he should be or deal with the situation as it stands ?
I would feel it was good spacing if the player was a high IQ or very experienced player on the level of Tim Duncan or Tony Parker.

If on the other hand it was a rookie just learning to fit in Pop's offense, I'd feel like the idiot should be attempting to save his playing time by running the play the way it was supposed to be.

Quote:
... I could see the argument being made that it is easier for users in my-career to just use the 3-2 freelance.
It might be "easier" but it goes against everything done in MyCareer to help the gamer learn and follow true NBA basketball principles. Everything this year is pointing to teaching - from the Coaching 101 feature to having Doc Rivers mentor you. Defaulting on the 3-2 freelance seems to go against everything put into making MyCareer more true to the NBA experience and instead reinforces the "hero ball" tendencies toned down this year.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:08 AM   #300
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Anyone see that Ronnie and LD2k will play a full game of 2k15 this Tuesday ? We should get a good look at freelance then
I think you may be expecting a little too much here. I see those guys as more of the casual style players. JMO.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:16 AM   #301
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I think you may be expecting a little too much here. I see those guys as more of the casual style players. JMO.
Idk what you mean but it's the first official full length gameplay that's my point . The fact that we see extended gameplay from 2k nothing extra. I'm not expecting them to show videos or play like the Czar.

If we don't see any improvements to freelance in a full game there's a problem . Even by casuals
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2014, 01:51 AM   #302
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I'd base no decision off of what they do anymore than bootleg videos we saw, which you didn't notice it there either but you know its there after listening to a game play guy.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:03 AM   #303
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

So don't expect to see Any spacing improvements or any freelance actions by the off ball A.I if the game is played by casuals ? That's what you guys are telling me? That those improvements are only limited to sim style ?

I feel like if that area is improved , which I know it is don't get me wrong , we should see a change whether you , me , Ronnie , or anybody plays the game especially if it's a full game vs a 4 minute bootleg video.

Not basing a decision already got it pre-ordered just want to see it in action more.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-28-2014, 02:07 AM   #304
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

I thought the A.I. that Czar showed was tuned for Superstar-Sim settings? Wouldn't that mean it wouldn't really show itself in those demos which are on pro-default?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »