Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-27-2014, 01:12 PM   #249
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
The primary goal was to get it in. We can refine as we move forward from here. There is bound to be a guy you think should recover faster but the OVERALL game balance was what we were going for.

The offense has always had some form of foot planting on shifts but the defense has been free to change directions without consequence. So please give it some time before you decide whether you like it or not.

Previous games you could hold left stick full at all times and still be in two places at once. This year that won't always give you the control that you may want.

After years of being able to exactly mirror the defense's movement even when your face guarding them. It will be an adjustment to have to step back and concede a possible jumper because it is too difficult to keep some guys in front when face guarding.

For instance you now have to decide when guarding off ball and your the help defender. Do I attack the penetrator and lower his shot % or do I stay home to protect the rebound in case he misses ?

In 2k14 you could literally do both. Not so in 2k15. So it will be an adjustment that may not "feel" right when you first start playing.

Give it some time, and if after that, it still is not playing right for you, let us know.
This changes 10 man team up so much
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-27-2014, 01:15 PM   #250
Pro

OVR: 6

Does voice command work with calling plays?? I know 2k14 is limited and hope they expand on that. And does it work online?
Old 09-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #251
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anybody else read czar posts to them selves in his voice! !lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #252
Rookie

Quote:
For the first time we actually scouted summer league. Initially as you said there were lots of thoughts on what he would run.

Obviously there will be some differences because of personnel differences and time he had to implement his stuff.

So we snatched as much as we could from there. We gave them some of the basic triangle stuff they actually ran during summer league which was basically some pinch post action.

Then I just kind of logically expanded out from what we captured to fill out the rest of the play book.

He had a lot of thru and zipper action stuff so If he ran a thru to a fist I also gave him a thru to a post up etc.

The plan was to have an interface to allow me to add new plays post ship but there was a glitch and that didn't make it in.

Had that been the case we would have scouted preseason games to get an even more informed view of what new coaches are running.

There are teams who's freelance will switch between 3-2 and 4-1 in depending on personnel.

So the freelance can be either 3-2, 4-1, or it can be set to default which automatically switches depending on if the 4 man is a perimeter threat or not.

The Warriors are set to default.
This is possibly the best post of all time, cpu will recognize whether u have in a stretch 4 man or not and automatically change the freelance accordingly? That is basketball
Old 09-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #253
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
For the first time we actually scouted summer league. Initially as you said there were lots of thoughts on what he would run.

Obviously there will be some differences because of personnel differences and time he had to implement his stuff.

So we snatched as much as we could from there. We gave them some of the basic triangle stuff they actually ran during summer league which was basically some pinch post action.

Then I just kind of logically expanded out from what we captured to fill out the rest of the play book.

He had a lot of thru and zipper action stuff so If he ran a thru to a fist I also gave him a thru to a post up etc.

The plan was to have an interface to allow me to add new plays post ship but there was a glitch and that didn't make it in.

Had that been the case we would have scouted preseason games to get an even more informed view of what new coaches are running.

There are teams who's freelance will switch between 3-2 and 4-1 in depending on personnel.

So the freelance can be either 3-2, 4-1, or it can be set to default which automatically switches depending on if the 4 man is a perimeter threat or not.

The Warriors are set to default.
This is as great an effort as could be reasonably expected given the transition. Yes, I'd forgotten that many of the potential plays were on display in summer league. Totally awesome that you pretty much did what was possible and a bit more.

And bummer about the glitch but really impressed that was even in consideration. Post release play adjustments would be phenomenal, and it's amazing that was even on the books.
Old 09-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #254
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I have a question but it's not about gameplay. Have they added more halftime/end of the game interviews or has that not been touched?
Old 09-27-2014, 01:47 PM   #255
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
The primary goal was to get it in. We can refine as we move forward from here. There is bound to be a guy you think should recover faster but the OVERALL game balance was what we were going for.

The offense has always had some form of foot planting on shifts but the defense has been free to change directions without consequence. So please give it some time before you decide whether you like it or not.

Previous games you could hold left stick full at all times and still be in two places at once. This year that won't always give you the control that you may want.

After years of being able to exactly mirror the defense's movement even when your face guarding them. It will be an adjustment to have to step back and concede a possible jumper because it is too difficult to keep some guys in front when face guarding.

For instance you now have to decide when guarding off ball and your the help defender. Do I attack the penetrator and lower his shot % or do I stay home to protect the rebound in case he misses ?

In 2k14 you could literally do both. Not so in 2k15. So it will be an adjustment that may not "feel" right when you first start playing.

Give it some time, and if after that, it still is not playing right for you, let us know.
This makes me very happy. It always drove me nuts how quickly the defense could cover ground, so hearing that closeout speeds and recovery times are toned down are huge for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #256
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

So, will quicker, smaller guys be able to change direction faster and quicker than bigger, slower guys?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »