Home

NBA 2K15 Online League Details

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Online League Details within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 07:16 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Online League Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandFan
Horrible. What happened to online ASSOCIATION
Wake up...Online Association was a good idea first, but was crap in how it was implemented... If you cannot pass on offseason, do it outside of the game. In the 3 leagues I am playing in, we do that for years now. Even with the Online Association ingame, we managed our teams outside of the game (including rookie draft, free agency, trades,...) and opened a new OA each season with a fantasy draft, to get our teams right. That's even easier right now with the ability to use custom rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 11:38 AM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 1

Is it possible that multiplr seasons could be patched in? Even if there is no draft or offseason period id be cool.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #107
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
Great post. I've begun to think that fighting for a fixed online mode is a lost cause. I made a lot of noise the last two years about online associations and how broke it is. If they just fixed the bugs in that mode it was an absolutely fantastic mode. Instead of fixing bugs, last year they released the exact same mode with even more bugs introduced somehow that went the whole year never being touched.

Meanwhile on current gen last year was the joke of an online league that was offered. This year they have brought more customization and options but it is still a one off league that doesn't offer the benefit of building for future seasons or cultivating young players without a lot of extra work by the game's users. After seeing what is offered I have switched my 2K15 preorder. For them not to have a true online franchise/association mode at this point is just ridiculous and I probably won't be buying it again until they do.
Thanks threatonsture's.... I feel I ve been loyal to this brand for years through whatever bugs or glitches or server problems, but my boiling point has been reached! I can't shell out anymore cash toward an inferior product to my last gens iteration! It pains me to hear my friends on 360 are playing in year 2 with rookies and new free agents!! My joy was the offseason and clearing cap space and molding and constructing a competitive team with a small market team such as the hornets or bobcats! I love trading for future draft picks and monitoring my season while rooting for each loss for my trade partner from afar!

2k is the realist basketball experience hands down and for the most part the direction there going on my league alone shows me that they are listening! Yet there is no real developer saying "We want to make online association better for all of you players who complain that you want this mode!!" Instead they avoid the question and just say things like "functionality" and release bullet points not full articles or never do Q n A's with the person whose job it is to care, this has been like this sense the launch of Oa!

Leftos is the standard developer to me, his passion on the Podcasts and his dev insights are inspirational to anyone who loves what they do, that is the guy I want in charge of this mode, but seeing that he had two modes this year, it would've been nice to see someone come from behind the shadows and share there vision of what they think a multiple season online league should intel!! We shouldn't have to find creative go arounds or justify why we have to do things we are used to doing within the association outside of the league! It's unacceptable and I find no joy in telling myself yeah we are in year 2 when essentially you are truly not!! I'm just a guy who has seen greatness with the vision and can accept nothing less than the foundation that was built in 2k12!

We now wait with hope that we are being heard and that we won't go another year being ignored! Could be the greatest game ever, but without the mode that had me go from October to October it just woulda been a game that collected dust after awhile!! So hopefully with this one year off perspective can be gained on my end and hopefully on the end of the team working on 2k16, hope that's the case!!
Old 09-27-2014, 01:30 PM   #108
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalNoob
Wake up...Online Association was a good idea first, but was crap in how it was implemented... If you cannot pass on offseason, do it outside of the game. In the 3 leagues I am playing in, we do that for years now. Even with the Online Association ingame, we managed our teams outside of the game (including rookie draft, free agency, trades,...) and opened a new OA each season with a fantasy draft, to get our teams right. That's even easier right now with the ability to use custom rosters.
How many people were in your 3 leagues? And how did you all go about managing draft and free agency outside of the league?
Old 09-27-2014, 02:07 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lid
just one season, no FA, no rookie drafting, none of that.
wow they were better off just leaving it out
Old 09-27-2014, 03:10 PM   #110
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnba
THIS. Please answer that as many people are waiting to know that.
Yessur.

Fantasy draft issues can be overcome with custom rosters. However the exclusion of adjustable sliders may be a deal breaker for me.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #111
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
How many people were in your 3 leagues? And how did you all go about managing draft and free agency outside of the league?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalNoob
Id also like for you to explain this a bit more in depth. Our league intends to use the custom roster feature at some point to emulate an OA. Would love to hear how you managed FAs outside of the league. Ty.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #112
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Id also like for you to explain this a bit more in depth. Our league intends to use the custom roster feature at some point to emulate an OA. Would love to hear how you managed FAs outside of the league. Ty.
SIm a full season of offline OA. Then see which players leave in free agency and such. Which retire. etc etc. Then the teams with the caproom, give them an order to pick in based on activity, or whatever you please. And go from there. Adding the players onto the teams through custom rosters. Download draft classes and adjust accordingly to your league. Progress players that way too.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »