Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #217
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskier
So re we going to have the swing motion from spurs for other teams? How many plays are in this swing motions? I saw 2 minimum. Great work
The plays available depend on the set the players are in and the ball location.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-27-2014, 10:17 AM   #218
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

@Da_Czar have to say thanks man for bringing the info and as said earlier being so transparent and forthcoming about things that aren't where you all want them and what your trying/wanting to do in the future.

It's so much easier dealing with and seeing these situations that may not quite be up to par when we're told up front about them and that you're all working to get to those goals. Also gives at least myself the utmost respect and confidence in 2k and all working on the game.

More companies should be so forward, I know there are others but wish it was the norm. I can't stand every year being told this is the best game we've done, then the next year when the new game is coming out it's then admitted that well there were problems here or there.

This is nothing against Ronnie, or LD2k because we should all know what their job is and that's to hype the game for sales. I just like having that even balance of hype and reality about the product I am getting ready to buy. Sorry to go a little off topic but wanted to put that out there. Again on all the info so far great work to you and all the guys at 2k.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #219

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
czar, how is the help d? running plays is very nice but there has to be some help to open shooters. help d was nonexistent in '14, particularly once u go higher than the pro level.
I like it overall over 14. The depth of the game makes it hard to determine from just watching videos this year.

What I mean by that is we have stuff like IQ ratings that have an effect. POE which has an effect, Individual defensive settings which also have an effect. So to know how effective the help is you need to know what settings that user has on defense in all those area's and to a smaller extent who is on the floor.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-27-2014, 10:29 AM   #220
Rookie

OVR: 0

This was the best video game clip I have ever seen omg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2014, 10:32 AM   #221

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Just curious... Do the Thunder have a unique freelance?
Unfortunately no. But their playbook is pretty accurate based off of last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 10:42 AM   #222
Rookie

OVR: 4

Will you do a video about knicks offense or classic bulls?
Old 09-27-2014, 10:46 AM   #223
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I like it overall over 14. The depth of the game makes it hard to determine from just watching videos this year.

What I mean by that is we have stuff like IQ ratings that have an effect. POE which has an effect, Individual defensive settings which also have an effect. So to know how effective the help is you need to know what settings that user has on defense in all those area's and to a smaller extent who is on the floor.
OOOOOH YES! I LOVE YOU DA CZAR AND 2K team and LEFTOS and BEDS! This honesty and passion of all these guys is just........ Mindblowing

Its a great time to be alive BABY!

@majestic24

yeah i just read that in other forums and here about DB NBA 2K15 availability. i will not be able to get it on release day / october 6 because of money availability issue hehe. soo i will just watch and read impressions thread on release day and watch videos hehe.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:46 AM   #224

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabish
Aren't your afraid your giving up too much information and get penalized or the other company copy from all the intricate details your giving out czar lol ??
That is always a consideration I def being new to the team don't want to "get in trouble" LOL. So It is something I will be continually aware of.

My personal stance is that the more information I can give you as to what it takes to do what we did and why we did what we did then the more focused your feedback to us can be and the more of it we can get into the game when appropriate.

When community goes from pie in the sky recommendations to ok we understand there are going to need to be tradeoffs so we want this first that is when exciting things happen IMO. But obviously everyone doesn't think like I do. LOL

So it will be something I struggle with but i think I am safely in bounds so far.

Obviously there will be some things I just can't talk about or share but my hope is that guys are sharp enough to understand that when it happens and know that I am sharing as much as I can.

Some posts in this thread have let me know that is the case which is dope.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »