Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-26-2014, 10:50 PM   #193
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

have off ball screens been tightened up so plays like the Korver one in the opening function as designed?
Old 09-26-2014, 10:58 PM   #194
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
have off ball screens been tightened up so plays like the Korver one in the opening function as designed?
I think you will find the off-screen plays to be the cleanest they have been.

We have different tuning for ball screens and off-ball screens so it looks much more structured. We don't have those guys head hunting anymore so now that they have a defined spot to be the man running off of them has a more defined route and it just looks better most plays.

You can really see the difference on floppy plays. In my mind it is the best I can recall in the series. Allowing us to add a floppy twist where the guy who screens receives an immediate back screen and then off the big screen. It's not super turbo speed but the movement looks clean.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-26-2014, 10:58 PM   #195
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I am not certain I understand you. Do you mean chasing a guy off a screen ? We default you to help position when your not guarding the ball so to initiate a chase you do need to use turbo to follow a guy around screens if that is what your asking.

You can still deny by holding the right stick down.
Sorry i meant without but yes you got the gist of what i was saying
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 11:08 PM   #196
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

hey, Czar. this isn't completely on the topic of freelance offense...but it kind of relates to the "hand-off" pass shown at the end of the video.

i've been wondering something about the pass reception animations. for a while now i have wanted the ability to catch a pass and smoothly blend into dribbling without stopping...like being able to catch on the move then dribble without a "catch animation" that makes your player stop and turn his body. this would be implemented by simply holding the left stick in a direction as the ball is in the air, which would "pre-load" the receiver to catch and continue moving and blend into dribbling in whatever direction you were holding the left stick. this can already be done in transition, but in the half court the catch animations usually force the player to STOP and TURN as he catches the ball.

it would be great we could catch on the move in any pass situation, and the direction of the movement could be controllable....

like I said, this topic kind of kind of relates to the "hand off" pass - how the man receiving the ball continues moving seamlessly without stopping as he receives the ball. this type of "moving catch" just adds more explosiveness to the passing game and would make the game feel so much faster and more life-like.

it just bugs me sometimes when I have a receiver moving but the catch animation makes him stop when I wanted him to keep moving. kind of ruins the flow and slows everything down, allowing defenders to close in when the receivers keep stopping when they catch the ball.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-26-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:17 PM   #197
Rookie

These additions looks amazing. One question. As I'm mainly a MyCareer guy, will CPU play this way in that mode as well? Because that would be incredible and a HUGE improvement to the mode
Old 09-26-2014, 11:26 PM   #198
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
I know when I usually say things like this people pass it over, but the gameplay team has created a gem this year. The gameplay is the best in series history and it's not even close.

Great video Czar.

So the CPU doesn't score a million points in the paint a game and takes more pull up jump shoots?
Old 09-26-2014, 11:41 PM   #199
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I/we appreciate the honesty Czar.

We know this will be a process and not everything will work perfectly in the first game.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:44 AM   #200
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I think you will find the off-screen plays to be the cleanest they have been.

We have different tuning for ball screens and off-ball screens so it looks much more structured. We don't have those guys head hunting anymore so now that they have a defined spot to be the man running off of them has a more defined route and it just looks better most plays.

You can really see the difference on floppy plays. In my mind it is the best I can recall in the series. Allowing us to add a floppy twist where the guy who screens receives an immediate back screen and then off the big screen. It's not super turbo speed but the movement looks clean.
im all in. digital download, here i come.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »