Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-26-2014, 04:55 PM   #129
Pro

Scvllp's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

This is the best news I have ever heard, loved the video!
Old 09-26-2014, 04:57 PM   #130
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
For the Spurs swing motion O to design implement and test your talking 1.5 months of 80 hour weeks fam. Every team is just not possible in the time I had. LOL. Yall trying to kill a Czar round here.
Never ! ... I previously recomended you something in that regard (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...9&postcount=53), warning you of the consecuences of making such sacrifice ... and I know, as all my past jobs were between 60 & 120 hours a week.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 09-26-2014 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Erased part of the comment that was adressed on further post
Old 09-26-2014, 05:00 PM   #131
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
So just to clarify, each team has their assigned freelance offense which will run automatically each possession unless another freelance or set play is called, correct?

Also, if we want to call a different freelance than the default, that is in effect only for the possession, and the next possession would again go back to the default freelance automatically unless something else is called. Correct?

Thanks for all the hard work, regardless of how many offenses got put in, the Spurs looks great and for future games I really think this will elevate the series to the next level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I want to make sure I word this correctly. Every team does NOT have a unique freelance offense this year.

Every team does have A freelance offense.

Most teams will either run the standard 4-1 or 3-2,

The Spurs will run their OWN Swing Motion Freelance. We have also added a couple others.

So the point is we are BEGINNING to process of keeping every team from looking the same in freelance using the Spurs as the fist and primary example but there are a couple more freelance offenses' in the game this year.

I hope I was clear I def don't want to mislead anyone.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 05:04 PM   #132
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I want to make sure I word this correctly. Every team does NOT have a unique freelance offense this year.

The Spurs will run their OWN Swing Motion Freelance. We have also added a couple others.

So the point is we are BEGINNING to process of keeping every team from looking the same in freelance using the Spurs as the fist and primary example but there are a couple more freelance offenses' in the game this year.

I know OG will not rest until the Triangle is complete.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #133
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2
NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar

Yes I got that from your other posts. Was I correct in the second part of my post that the default freelance will be run automatically, whether swing motion for the Spurs, 3-2, 4-1, etc. unless another play or set is selected? If another is selected, say as the Heat I pick swing motion for one play, that is in effect for only that possession and then the default freelance returns the following possession.

I assume there have been some improvements to how the 3-2 and 4-1 sets freelance as well (even if they are slight)?

I'd also guess this means that if Popovich were to be fired by the Spurs in MyGM or MyLeague, whatever team hires him will then default to the swing motion? That would be a great way to make coaches have more of an impact on their teams.

Last edited by dpower15; 09-26-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #134
MVP

OVR: 3

love all the hard work the team has put in and i love that the spurs are getting some love.

but can you elaborate on the 'weight shift penalty' and what parts of the game it applies to?
Old 09-26-2014, 05:18 PM   #135
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

Wow! The intro was enough to convince me.

That Korver play is just beautiful. The only issue is that the A.I. is too good at avoiding screens so the defenders don't switch like in real life. That's kind of the point of the whole play: to hit Millsap's man with solid back-screen, forcing their defenders to switch and subsequently giving Korver space to curl for an open 3. Nevertheless, 2K has the play in the game which shows their dedication to replicate the NBA game.

The next thing I noticed was how smooth and quickly Diaw popped after setting the screen at 0:46. It may be a small detail but it makes all the difference.

The only bad thing I saw in this video was the A.I. not capitalizing on the Duncan/Monta mismatch at 6:24 and again at 6:28. I know they worked on plays not breaking but these are situations that a real NBA team would immediately look to exploit.

Overall, this has got me pumped. I'm going to play as much pick-up ball as I can next week because come the 7th...
Let me take 2K to a play nice and quite,
There ain't no one there to interrupt.

Ain't gotta rush, I just wanna take it nice and slow.
See I've been waiting for this for so long, playing 2K 'til the sun comes up.
Baby, I just wanna take it nice and slooooow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 05:26 PM   #136
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Yes I got that from your other posts. Was I correct in the second part of my post that the default freelance will be run automatically, whether swing motion for the Spurs, 3-2, 4-1, etc. unless another play or set is selected? If another is selected, say as the Heat I pick swing motion for one play, that is in effect for only that possession and then the default freelance returns the following possession.

I assume there have been some improvements to how the 3-2 and 4-1 sets freelance as well (even if they are slight)?

I'd also guess this means that if Popovich were to be fired by the Spurs in MyGM or MyLeague, whatever team hires him will then default to the swing motion? That would be a great way to make coaches have more of an impact on their teams.

Oh. Yes. The default freelance for that team is run automatically. But once selected it runs until you change it.

So if you switch to the swing motion your in it until you change it to something else regardless of what your default is.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »