Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #121
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense with Da_Czar

THANK YOU BRUH

This is what I've been waiting for. Not that the other stuff didn't matter but I want to see more about how the offense and defense has evolved from last year. Really hoping you do a video on how defense and defensive rotations have changed (and if the drive and shovel pass to a big thing has been tempered down through more intense interior d)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 04:45 PM   #122
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811
Great vid as usual Czar!

Are the other freelance offenses the same as last year or did you guys have time for a few of the more popular ones, like triangle, horns, floppy? This looks night and day compared to last year. I love the direction I'm seeing from you all. Definitely going down the right path.
I am not sure if we can discuss that yet so I will just say there are a couple more and the 4-1 in returns and I completely rewrote the 3-2 for next gen.

The swing motion will take another year to completely fill out but we covered it pretty well for a first of it's kind implementation.

We didn't want it to be too difficult to run. But we didn't want it to be super predictable either. I think we found a nice balance.

The issue is that someone could make that look really bad with terrible timing and bad passes and moving all crazy so I'm glad I got to show you the potential before someone just makes it look awful. LOL.

The great thing is that we can continue to build on the underlying tech. It was made specifically for basketball, so I am very excited.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #123
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Good ? For the AI we assign the coach's default freelance in the roster on our end. Unfortunately this year it is not something you guys can edit for the AI.

As a user you can select it like you select any other freelance offense. You have to call it before you cross half court for it to take effect that possession though.

So just to clarify, each team has their assigned freelance offense which will run automatically each possession unless another freelance or set play is called, correct?

Also, if we want to call a different freelance than the default, that is in effect only for the possession, and the next possession would again go back to the default freelance automatically unless something else is called. Correct?

Thanks for all the hard work, regardless of how many offenses got put in, the Spurs looks great and for future games I really think this will elevate the series to the next level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2014, 04:48 PM   #124
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm so "happy" this is overwhelming
Old 09-26-2014, 04:49 PM   #125
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Good ? For the AI we assign the coach's default freelance in the roster on our end. Unfortunately this year it is not something you guys can edit for the AI.

As a user you can select it like you select any other freelance offense. You have to call it before you cross half court for it to take effect that possession though.
So all 30 teams have/do freelance?

Did I read that correctly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 04:50 PM   #126
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Yes you can. Any freelance can be called in game for the user.
Aw yeah, thanks man Really excited In the past it always felt cheesy playing with LAL. Call for post play for Bryant/Gasol -> If good match-up try to score, if not manual cut by wing player to the basket, faceup by post player and bounce pass/overhead pass. Now it will feel really good. Dump it down to Mr. Bryant, try to make something work, see Nick Young/Nash free at the three and pass it. If they close down, wait for screen with Nash/call for ISO with Nick. I love it man
Old 09-26-2014, 04:51 PM   #127
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I would have been real disappointed if someone from here didn't notice that. Right now those are two separate plays in game. For 16 I would love to make it one and have Korver choose based on defense.
Czar that is sick either way though for me though. I am good having two plays though. Playing local it can be used as a decoy someone will start to cheat and chase Korver around and then Milsap or someone else gets open.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:55 PM   #128
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
This may be the biggest improvement of A.I. in video games since F.E.A.R. It's just outstanding. I did not see that coming at all.

Now imagine players being determined by their ability to read offenses differently, being able to be in the right spot the right time or not. Was it Tony Parker's basketball I.Q. who ran the screen twice and faked a third in all of three seconds or would anybody have done that?

Either way, it's amazing to see A.I. controlled players do that.
First we have to build it. Then we make it intelligent, then we diversify it.

This year we built it and added a small bit of intelligence but it is just the ground floor. Next year we don't have to invent it. It already exists right ? So then we get to add that depth that you guys may want.

So to answer your question directly every AI player put in that situation will have access to that solution this year.

The goal is then to make it as you said appropriate to a given players awareness or intelligence. We can start to play with how quickly a player can see and understand what is happening and how quickly he can react once he understands etc. Very exciting stuff but, we have to get the base behavior to work correctly first.

That is why in my mind, iteration is the key, to taking these games where I believe you guys want them to go.

And everything I have said in other threads still applies. The AI is not always going to be fantastic even with this new system. But hopefully you can see the growth and we can keep the missteps to a minimum.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

Last edited by Da_Czar; 09-26-2014 at 05:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »